Old 07-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 295 Times in 239 Posts
Default HUGELY underrated disc- TD2

Had the privilege of throwing one of these in the field for the first time today. Star, 175g. I had never seen a TD2 before and didn't know really what to expect.

IMO this thing flies how a DDX SHOULD fly. HUGE high speed turn and flex followed by a predictable, gradual fade. I thought the TD2 was mellower overall than the DDX. Far less dumpy fade. For a speed 10 driver I was getting big, big distance. This disc far surpassed my expectations. It was hanging with a Catalyst and Trespass just fine.

I really love the flight of the TD2. It bends right quite a bit and flexes for a long time before gently coming back toward center. The disc is fairly understable and will flip hard if you get too assertive or throw it into a headwind. For calm or downwind conditions its a champ. Pretty easy to get up to speed and it'll give you every foot possible with massive S curve flex distance.

Again, the TD2 is a distance monster for only being speed 10. It has great glide and seems to soar effortlessly. Very impressive disc that more people should check out.

TD2: 11, 5, -3, 1. I gave it an extra tick on speed because I felt like it seemed faster than any speed 10s I'd thrown prior.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 405 Times in 205 Posts

How do you think it will fly at 5000+ feet lower elevation? Never owned one, but I fear it will be rather flippy if I try throwing it the 400 ft distance that the Inbounds Flight Chart suggests it is designed for.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
How do you think it will fly at 5000+ feet lower elevation? Never owned one, but I fear it will be rather flippy if I try throwing it the 400 ft distance that the Inbounds Flight Chart suggests it is designed for.
Probably be flippy at sea level. The one I have here is fairly flippy at 5000'+, but I was still able to keep it from totally turning and burning. It was still more manageable than the Mystere I was throwing it with. All I know is I was blowing this thing past 400' with little effort. Surprising glide and distance. I got every bit as much distance with the TD2 as I do with DDXs.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 140 Times in 98 Posts

generally, those speed 9/10 discs fly as far as the much faster discs if you have normal arm speed or less.

it has been debated much on these forums that the super fast discs really only give the super fast arm speeds considerable distance advantages compared to the shallower rimmed discs.

glad you found a diamond in the ruff!
Old 07-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
generally, those speed 9/10 discs fly as far as the much faster discs if you have normal arm speed or less.

it has been debated much on these forums that the super fast discs really only give the super fast arm speeds considerable distance advantages compared to the shallower rimmed discs.

glad you found a diamond in the ruff!
This disc was an aberration. I do notice greater distance with faster drivers. The TD2 was hanging with the 3 faster discs I was throwing it against. FWIW, I was probably touching just shy of 450' with all of them. They weren't really straight lines either. Big, flexy S curves.

I'll call the TD2 the longest 10 speed driver I've ever thrown. It blows Beasts out of the water.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 205 Times in 127 Posts

CD2 falls in the same group. Stupid long controllable golf lines for being only a speed 9 disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-15-2018, 08:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 140 Times in 98 Posts

Yeah, I clicked with cd2 after I lost my last saint. Almost identical flight patterns.

I'll admit the pd holds that spot most of the time. But my two carbon copy first run swirl cd2's get put in that spot on certain courses where I need a beat in pd.

I've noticed from playing one course, my local bomber course, that my destroyers rarely go any further than those cd2's. Their much easier to grip cause I'm an old school fan gripper so the control factor goes up a notch as well.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Smooth View Post
Yeah, I clicked with cd2 after I lost my last saint. Almost identical flight patterns.

I'll admit the pd holds that spot most of the time. But my two carbon copy first run swirl cd2's get put in that spot on certain courses where I need a beat in pd.

I've noticed from playing one course, my local bomber course, that my destroyers rarely go any further than those cd2's. Their much easier to grip cause I'm an old school fan gripper so the control factor goes up a notch as well.
I bag a star Destroyer, but I don't really consider it a pure bomber disc. It'll go, but I have other molds I can get better distance with and not feel like I'm dislocating my arm trying to overthrow...

I use the Destroyer more for the consistency than pure distance.