Old 01-20-2021, 07:02 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 3
Niced 132 Times in 102 Posts

arm feels like arm is getting better and everything got a bit worse
https://youtu.be/BAf2c20674c
Sponsored Links

Last edited by lucasgg; 01-20-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasgg View Post
arm feels like arm is getting better and everything got a bit worse
https://youtu.be/BAf2c20674c
Arm feels like arm yes

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2021, 12:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 230
Niced 4,612 Times in 2,795 Posts

Not sure what you saying?

Looks pretty good except your head tilt/balance looks like you are intending to throw downward into the ground.

Keep your chin/right ear up going into x-step and swing upward. Keep your arm/hammer swing taut with the shoulders like ball on string.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucasg eagle ballerina.jpg (43.7 KB, 69 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 01-21-2021, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

I was mainly noticing my front leg/foot/hip system opening up slightly before I got all my weight forward. also planting too far to the left (from behind) which is causing shots to move off to the right rather than straight forward.

I think the reason I'm leaning forward is because I'm trying to create a forward falling motion moving into the x-step to help get my weight moving forward well.

Although the "throwing into the ground" would explain my habitual/chronic nose up release since i've probably been compensating for a downward swing by releasing slightly nose up

Niced: (1)
Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 PM
* Ace Member *

You need to counter balance your CoG from the disc like an Olympic hammer thrower. Your hammer would pull you over.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucasg eagle feldy x-step balance.jpg (59.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

time to look like a mad man and chuck around a hammer
Old 01-22-2021, 02:14 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 86 Times in 41 Posts

I think that it would benefit you to completely stop focusing on your form for a day or two. A few of the problems you have right now may just be you focusing TOO much. Try to feel balanced instead and make your throws feel slow, easy and like a melody, from start to finish. I've been too caught up trying to get every detail right a numerous of times. And while focusing hard on different aspects of the throw I think that it is necessary to step back at times and just feel the throw through your body instead.

Right now you are a bit disconnected through the chain. I imagine that you have one thought for what your feet are supposed to do, maybe two thoughts for your hips, a few for your core and a bunch for your shoulders and arms as well? It gets complicated. Like trying to direct a whole orchestra. Your throw should feel more like a whistle.

Get low and feel athletic. Try moving laterally while balanced, maybe a good 15 steps or so. Sing your arms at the same time without trying to imitate a disc golf throw or think too much about what you are doing. Just let your body feel the balance, counter-balance and working together like a system. Doing that at times has been eye opening to me a least. Sometimes you learn a lot by doing something completely different, while not overthinking it and moving like a robot. Wax on, wax off. I think a lot of your form looks good. Keep it up!

Niced: (2)
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM
Eagle Member

I definitely take more than a few days off of form haha. You are mostly correct about my fluidity. Most of the other stuff I do with my form I've already practiced enough for it to be second nature, even some of the more recent modifications. Thanks for your advice about staying low and athletic and the side step exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navel View Post
I think that it would benefit you to completely stop focusing on your form for a day or two. A few of the problems you have right now may just be you focusing TOO much. Try to feel balanced instead and make your throws feel slow, easy and like a melody, from start to finish. I've been too caught up trying to get every detail right a numerous of times. And while focusing hard on different aspects of the throw I think that it is necessary to step back at times and just feel the throw through your body instead.

Right now you are a bit disconnected through the chain. I imagine that you have one thought for what your feet are supposed to do, maybe two thoughts for your hips, a few for your core and a bunch for your shoulders and arms as well? It gets complicated. Like trying to direct a whole orchestra. Your throw should feel more like a whistle.

Get low and feel athletic. Try moving laterally while balanced, maybe a good 15 steps or so. Sing your arms at the same time without trying to imitate a disc golf throw or think too much about what you are doing. Just let your body feel the balance, counter-balance and working together like a system. Doing that at times has been eye opening to me a least. Sometimes you learn a lot by doing something completely different, while not overthinking it and moving like a robot. Wax on, wax off. I think a lot of your form looks good. Keep it up!
Old 01-24-2021, 06:27 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
You need to counter balance your CoG from the disc like an Olympic hammer thrower. Your hammer would pull you over.

Do you think it would be a bad Idea to retry the Feldberg pre-throw pump instead of trying to change my body's balance?

Old 01-25-2021, 12:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasgg View Post
Do you think it would be a bad Idea to retry the Feldberg pre-throw pump instead of trying to change my body's balance?
Experiment with it. I think you are closer to Eagle though, just need to get your hips leveraged in front of your foot like starting in Hershyzer part 2. Door Frame Drills your rear foot is too far away from door frame.