Old 06-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,283 Times in 1,046 Posts

I just got a West Loop Mini Backpack from my local store, and I added a Soft side Stroller bottle holder I bought off Amazon for my old Discraft Tournament single strap bag and used on the new backpack via heavy duty plastic Cable ties. I used some Clear Flex Seal Spray for the bottom of he backpack with a piece of cardboard inside to keep the botom full shape. This part is optional I also had an Outcast set of Backpack Fishing Straps for a duffle bag to be a bit more like a backpack.

This will be my Beginner do not play much bag for someone, all they need to do is bring the 25-30 oz water bottle fit is depending on the shape. I will put some older discs in the bag that I do not use that are beginner use able. I already put two plastic jar lids in for the mini markers that are within the legal dimensions for a mini marker.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I just got a West Loop Mini Backpack from my local store, and I added a Soft side Stroller bottle holder I bought off Amazon for my old Discraft Tournament single strap bag and used on the new backpack via heavy duty plastic Cable ties. I used some Clear Flex Seal Spray for the bottom of he backpack with a piece of cardboard inside to keep the botom full shape. This part is optional I also had an Outcast set of Backpack Fishing Straps for a duffle bag to be a bit more like a backpack.

This will be my Beginner do not play much bag for someone, all they need to do is bring the 25-30 oz water bottle fit is depending on the shape. I will put some older discs in the bag that I do not use that are beginner use able. I already put two plastic jar lids in for the mini markers that are within the legal dimensions for a mini marker.
The bag was $10.99 without tax and the soft Side Storoller Holder I paid $ 10 for, the Flex Seal I got for my bag so it paid for its self. I would recommend some kind of velcro on padding or the padded seat belt thing that fits over seat belts in car for the bag straps if you use the original, the bag is a tad thin on the straps at ~1 inch made of only Nylon webbing.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-12-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
The bag was $10.99 without tax and the soft Side Storoller Holder I paid $ 10 for, the Flex Seal I got for my bag so it paid for its self. I would recommend some kind of velcro on padding or the padded seat belt thing that fits over seat belts in car for the bag straps if you use the original, the bag is a tad thin on the straps at ~1 inch made of only Nylon webbing.
Now the backpack holds 7-10, maybe 11 discs all facing front to back rather then Side to side but the thing will look odd on any player over age of 9-11 due to being a mini backpack. However for a beginner, this is a way to get a better bag or for somebody traveling by plane that does not want a sling bag for ~10 discs or so, would rather use a backpack and does not have to use a beginner disc golf bag that would be all floppy with less then 16-17 discs that the person also could not take that many discs, plus the little bag even before the bottom mod was more sturdy then the current Dynamic Disc Cadet backpack due to the Cadet backpack bag using soft stretchy material for the two outer pockets, The Mini Backpack without modification to the bottom was/is more on par with the Innova Discover backpack just the Innova Discover takes more disc to not have them flop around. I did remove the cardboard as that was just to keep bottom flat so I could spray on the clear Flex Seal that is both protection and stiffening for the bottom. I also did the flex seal to the bottom of the little front pocket, so to help keep the pocket wider to have easier time getting smaller items in and out of the pocket like some stuff the player might have in pockets like keys and phone.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 06-18-2020 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:55 PM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Internal CPVC Frame for DD Trooper

https://youtu.be/S4UTidIA2TQ

Old 01-23-2021, 11:52 AM

I have had to modify every single pack I have ever had, even the original smooth Nylon style Innova Deluxe bag, I had to get a padded Velcro thing used for seatbelts and prevent kids from choking to help with the nylon webbing only strap having the shoulder rub.

The Discraft Tournament orginal I had, even that I took the strap eventually and added some athletic tape to keep the bag padded strap part from rubbing on the shoulder. Then in last ditch attempt to keep bag from getting replaced I made a single hole on part of the bag to use it with some Outast Backpack straps but that was not great and I kind of wasted a bit of money on the bag as it was falling apart.

By the time the Discraft Tournament single strap was falling, (now used for spare discs) that time in 2017 there was cheaper options for Disc Golf backpacks though I tried to force a Vertex angler Backpack to be a Disc golf bag with 2 major modifications besides fixing the pull tabs, worked until the poorly made Backpack died and I put the bag I have now on my Vertex seat and frame, Atheltico Disc Golf backpack I did the mods to including the bottom with a thick layer of clear Flex Seal and to the holes for the Seat to fit on it in older posts in another thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...postcount=2145