#51  
Old 01-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 548 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Not a lot has changed. I am trying (lol) to keep a standard bag for the new year, but we'll see how long that lasts...

Daily Driver: Zuca Trekker

DISTANCE
175 Star Destroyer: OS FH/BH
173 Champ Destroyer: Stable BH
160 Star Destroyer: US

172 Star Wraith: OS, FH/BH
170 Champ Wraith: Stable
168 Pro Wraith: Stable/US/Roll

CONTROL
172 Star Orc: Stable-OS distance/fairway driver
166 Star Orc: Stable-US distance/fairway driver

175 Champ Firebird: OS FH
170 CG Firebird: Main FH
172 Star Firebird: too domey/US to flick. Used only for OS backhand (basically OS Teebird)

175 Champ Teebird: OS control/fairway driver
170 Star Teebird: Extra thrower for water situations
172 Champ Teebird: Main control/fairway driver
155 Champ Teebird: US control/fairway driver

172 CryztalZ Stalker: straight to US. Basically a longer Buzzz

MIDS - P&A
BigZ Drone: OS
CryztalZ Buzzz: Straight-stable/US
MJ-Z Comet: Straight-US
Z Comet: Extra thrower for water situations
CryztalZ Zone: OS, FH approach
ESP Glo Zone: S-US, FH Approach

BigZ Challenger: Throwing putter
ESP FLX Challenger: US P&A
RB ChallengerX2: C1-C2 putting

* Pretty excited about re-aligning with a Teebird cycle, throwing the BigZ Challenger off the tee, and the ESP FLX Chally under the basket.
* Been working a lot on course development lately, so my game has suffered more that it typically does over the winter, but we get new courses, so I guess its a long-term gain...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-19-2021, 08:55 PM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 548 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Looking for recommendations: I'd like to replace Destroyers.

GOAL: This disc is for all out, wide open distance. I have a light Destroyer that I use is this slot now. It is more or less straight at this point, but has no integrity in wind due to its weight. I have tried Destroyers that were heavier and in different plastic, but have yet to find the right balance.

Speed: 12-13
Glide: 5+
Turn: -1 to -2
Fade: <2

STIPULATIONS: I don't want to get into a position where I'm hunting unicorns. So, the solutions should be readily available and consistent from run to run - well, as consistent as a 12-13 speed disc can be. I wouldn't say I have a brand preference, but I am more likely to look at Innova, Discraft, Discmania, DGA, Millenium, and Prodigy before other brands. It would be nice if the mold were available in multiple plastics, but that is not a deal breaker.

Molds already in consideration: Innova Shryke, Discraft Nuke, Discmania DD2, Prodigy D3/D3Max or X4, Discraft Crank
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-20-2021, 04:36 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is online now
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 6,221
Niced 1,786 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default

Have you thought about an Infinite Emperor? They are essentially Destroyers that are a bit more mellow. The the I blend and splatter S, I’ve had great luck with them being a less stable bookend for Destroyers.

Another consideration could the the Kahu from RPM. They range from Boss overstable with the OS version all the way to Shryke understable with the XG and the regular one is like a general glidy stable disc. Very much worth the look.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-24-2021, 12:49 AM
konza_kid's Avatar
konza_kid konza_kid is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kansas City
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 224
Niced 154 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Looking for recommendations: I'd like to replace Destroyers.

GOAL: This disc is for all out, wide open distance. I have a light Destroyer that I use is this slot now. It is more or less straight at this point, but has no integrity in wind due to its weight. I have tried Destroyers that were heavier and in different plastic, but have yet to find the right balance.

Speed: 12-13
Glide: 5+
Turn: -1 to -2
Fade: <2

STIPULATIONS: I don't want to get into a position where I'm hunting unicorns. So, the solutions should be readily available and consistent from run to run - well, as consistent as a 12-13 speed disc can be. I wouldn't say I have a brand preference, but I am more likely to look at Innova, Discraft, Discmania, DGA, Millenium, and Prodigy before other brands. It would be nice if the mold were available in multiple plastics, but that is not a deal breaker.

Molds already in consideration: Innova Shryke, Discraft Nuke, Discmania DD2, Prodigy D3/D3Max or X4, Discraft Crank
I just went through this, had an AJ and echo destroyers that flew perfectly but was afraid to throw them. Ended up with the z crank. In my experience, flat ones will flip up and go straight (I throw golf shots 380-420 depending on the day) domier ones are like straight destroyers. Id rate them 13 5 -1 2 super happy with them so far

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-26-2021, 03:36 PM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 548 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Have you thought about an Infinite Emperor? They are essentially Destroyers that are a bit more mellow. The the I blend and splatter S, I’ve had great luck with them being a less stable bookend for Destroyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konza_kid View Post
Ended up with the z crank. In my experience, flat ones will flip up and go straight (I throw golf shots 380-420 depending on the day) domier ones are like straight destroyers. I’d rate them 13 5 -1 2 super happy with them so far
Good feedback!

I use the Marshall Street Flight Guide to help guide my purchases, which led me to both the Emperor & Crank.

I have looked at the Emperor, but was concerned about a newer run changing over time and a limited availability of a less popular manufacturer. Have you had trouble finding them?

The Crank was also on my list to try. I found a Tim Barham TS Crank and threw it for trial, but wasn't impressed. It was more stable than I was looking for. But, I could see stock run Z plastic being less stable. Any relative comparison there?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-26-2021, 03:44 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is online now
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 6,221
Niced 1,786 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default

Emperor is great as long as you don’t mind buying from infinite. They almost always have them, and MST has had them but since it’s Infinites disc they seem to try hard to keep stock. If you want a specific type it may be tricky but I’ve always been able to get one.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-26-2021, 03:47 PM
konza_kid's Avatar
konza_kid konza_kid is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kansas City
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 224
Niced 154 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
Good feedback!

I use the Marshall Street Flight Guide to help guide my purchases, which led me to both the Emperor & Crank.

I have looked at the Emperor, but was concerned about a newer run changing over time and a limited availability of a less popular manufacturer. Have you had trouble finding them?

The Crank was also on my list to try. I found a Tim Barham TS Crank and threw it for trial, but wasn't impressed. It was more stable than I was looking for. But, I could see stock run Z plastic being less stable. Any relative comparison there?
I don't know about the Barham ones in particular, but the domey one I have now definitely flies more overstable than the flat one. I have a tour series Gannon undertaker and Johansen comet, both fly more overstable than their stock counterparts, so may be something to that. The esp crank flies more understable than the z

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #58  
Old 01-27-2021, 10:39 AM
Golden Tuna's Avatar
Golden Tuna Golden Tuna is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 141
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 548 Times in 245 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Emperor is great as long as you don’t mind buying from infinite. They almost always have them, and MST has had them but since it’s Infinites disc they seem to try hard to keep stock. If you want a specific type it may be tricky but I’ve always been able to get one.
Emperor was really at the top of my list to try, slightly ahead of the Crank. So, I was kind of just looking for validation. As such, I now have a few (170g) on the way to try out.

I'm hoping for the stability of my slightly beat, straight Destroyer with the integrity to accept (my) full power in a bit of wind. For reference, at my age and girth, I'm probably maxing out at 400' in perfect conditions.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuna's Revolving FSOT Thread Golden Tuna The Marketplace 73 08-11-2020 04:05 PM
Hung Like a Bent Tuna Can FSOT: Multi-brand,2013 Ace race, etc EXTRAMONTANA The Marketplace 7 09-25-2013 02:41 AM
2 record top rhynos and 2 record top aeros mint! hukitfar The Marketplace 1 10-29-2011 01:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.