Old 01-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 753 Times in 337 Posts

Kona Panis did a video the other day. Played a casual with Colton Montgomery, Dave Dunipace, and Jerry Ross. It was a fantastic video.

They weren't wearing masks, which is whatever at this point. However, she felt the need to step out and explain why that was okay. She said that Dave and Jerry were in her bubble. But given that they all don't live together and that happened upon each other at the disc golf course and that they didn't appear to have any precautions for when you interact with other groups at a crowded park, they are probably exposed to a variety of people. And that isn't how bubbles work.

I hate to single anyone out, but I get more frustrated by that stuff than the people like Luke Humphries that simply don't acknowledge Covid.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-23-2021, 11:24 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,325 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic5888 View Post
I understand the nervousness but take it from someone who has had the vaccine, I have not had any weird side effects, other than a sore arm which is normal with any injection. I did feel crappy for a few hrs after the 2nd shot, but well worth it.
I've reconsidered, after everyone I know, including my primary care physician, told me to get the shot. So I signed up, and am getting the first dose on Wednesday. I've talked to a few people who have had Covid and received the vaccine, and they said it caused some of the symptoms to come back, especially after the second dose. So, since I had it pretty bad the first time, I really don't want Covid symptoms again.

I guess all this is to say I'm trying to justify my nervousness.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:29 PM
Par Member

Niced 73 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
Kona Panis did a video the other day. Played a casual with Colton Montgomery, Dave Dunipace, and Jerry Ross. It was a fantastic video.

They weren't wearing masks, which is whatever at this point. However, she felt the need to step out and explain why that was okay. She said that Dave and Jerry were in her bubble. But given that they all don't live together and that happened upon each other at the disc golf course and that they didn't appear to have any precautions for when you interact with other groups at a crowded park, they are probably exposed to a variety of people. And that isn't how bubbles work.

I hate to single anyone out, but I get more frustrated by that stuff than the people like Luke Humphries that simply don't acknowledge Covid.
The only person on dg vids I’ve seen seem to be consistently masking is Andrew Fish. So don’t really have to single anyone out. It’s all of them.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 13
Niced 181 Times in 84 Posts

The whole masked before their tee shot, stick mask in pocket, throw, go back into group and not put the mask on move was the most used play on tour this year.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:45 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.8
Niced 1,325 Times in 662 Posts

Just out of curiosity, how many pro disc golfers have been infected with Covid.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 269
Niced 382 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many pro disc golfers have been infected with Covid.
How many have actually been tested...?
Old 01-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 555 Times in 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post

And, just for the record, most years the flu vaccine is pretty effective.
Technically, the flu vaccine, to some extent, is always effective. Even if they guess the strain wrong, getting vaccinated for the wrong flu strain still offers some partial immunity to the strain that ends up circulating. Something new I learned recently that surprisingly isn't common knowledge. I always thought like most people that it's all or nothing.

Old 01-24-2021, 08:59 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 429 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innova63 View Post
How many have actually been tested...?
IMO best to just ignore hal... certified troll

Old 01-28-2021, 09:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.9
Courses Played: 96
Niced 3,012 Times in 1,172 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

At midnight tonight Ohio curfew for bars and restaurants goes from 10PM to 11PM because the numbers have been under 3500 (hospitalizations) for 7 days straight. Under 2500 for 7 days it goes to midnight then under 2000 for 7 days (I think) and it's lifted.

We are heading in the right direction here.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 127
Niced 6,119 Times in 2,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Just to complicate things on a local level, one of my bubblemates tested positive for covid and the flu today (despite having had a flu shot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
....it also means I have to worry and, if I get symptoms, I won't be sure how much I should panic. Flu (despite my flu shot) or the Big C?
My life is plagued with coincidental correlations; why should this be different?

So the 3 days after I was exposed, a day after he got quite sick and the afternoon after he tested positive for both, I got sick -- but with milder symptoms.

Well, 2 covid tests (including PCR) and 1 flu test later, all negative, it's most likely that I managed to get sick with something else, right after being exposed. Which is the kind of coincidental correlation that constantly throws me off track (usually with mechanical and computer issues). I took the negative results with mixed feelings; if I'm only going to be mildly sick for a week, I'd prefer it was covid, with the hopes of a little immunity.

Meanwhile, my bubblemate is suffering from something far worse than "just a flu", which makes me feel better about the "negative" results.

Niced: (2)
Closed Thread