Old 09-10-2020, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,776 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Fission Speed 13 drivers!!! I been patiently waiting to see this. They could be the farthest flying drivers in disc golf.

Fission Mayhem or Octane
There would be a market for those, too.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Niced 104 Times in 34 Posts

Going deeper down the MVP rabbit hole here. My Proton Wave has become my main workhorse driver. I can get it to fly pretty straight or go a little understable, and I'm consistently getting my best distance with it. My first MVP disc was a Neutron Impulse which I loved, I lost the Impulse a week ago and decided to do something squirrely and replace it with a Neutron Virus. Damn, the Virus is REALLY understable! I think it's gonna take me a minute to figure out how to use that one. I also got my first Volt, Proton. The Volt replaced my JLS that I just lost, and I think I like the Volt even better. I'm still learning how to get the maximum speed out of it, but hot damn can I throw it straight!

I'd like to get a Tesla to counterbalance the Virus. I also want to get a lighter Volt in Plasma plastic. Have one that's a little less stable than the Proton. I want to get something in the 6.5 speed class, but I can't figure out what would fill a hole in my bag best. Also, I've only thrown Wizards up to this point, but the MVP putters are sexy. I'd like to get an Anode and maybe an Ion to try out.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-11-2020, 12:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,477 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomphoolery View Post
Going deeper down the MVP rabbit hole here. My Proton Wave has become my main workhorse driver. I can get it to fly pretty straight or go a little understable.....

....I'd like to get a Tesla to counterbalance the Virus. I also want to get a lighter Volt in Plasma plastic. Have one that's a little less stable than the Proton.
You're on to good molds.. Look at a fission Wave if the virus doesn't work out, a Cosmic Wave for more stability.

Explore the volt, fission volts are available under the 170g weight unlike neutrons.. (Or plasmas?? Dunno). Another solid choice

I like my fission Tesla.. Very workable in light weights.. Didn't like the tesla in Plasma its a pig. Depends what you want from it!

Relay is the understable/ straight fairway next step up from the impulse I think.. But basically you have a prime gyro bag in the works.

Enjoy buddy!

Old 09-11-2020, 01:26 AM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

Is CN Wave more stable than the other plastics? We have yet to confirm this. Mine is still travelling.

About MVP making Octane in fission plastics. - I would definitely buy it!
Old 09-11-2020, 08:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDG View Post
Is CN Wave more stable than the other plastics? We have yet to confirm this. Mine is still travelling.

About MVP making Octane in fission plastics. - I would definitely buy it!
I've heard yes. Mine has arrived, but yet to be thrown. Tomorrow or the next day I should get out and see. Will throw it heads up with my Plasma and see. Im hoping so!

Niced: (2)
Old 09-11-2020, 03:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 99
Niced 81 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_08 View Post
So, question for the MVP guys. I am looking for a more straight stable and slightly OS counterpart to my gilas. I was looking at the matrix (electron) and reactor (neutron). I am coming away from throwing an element, and have been tempted to pick up the Vroc, or Gφte again, but those are a tad slower than I want when compared to the element. The axiom molds looked more interesting to me, but I've made a vow to stop throwing OOP plastic. So how do the matrix and reactor compare?
I prefer Matrix over Reactor but they are VERY similar. The Matrix has more left to right and right to left movement than Reactor. Reactor will basically take the line you put it on. Therefore Reactor tends to be more release sensitive.
Old 09-11-2020, 04:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 99
Niced 81 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
That's what I see. My matrix doesn't turn. It just fades less the farther I throw it. At my max with it (about 280') it's just straight with a tiny fade.
FR Neutron Matrix is one of the longest discs in my bag. I get a ton of turn and a ton of fade. I can push 350' in right situations. It's longer for me than the faster Neutron Crave. I had similar results with Reactor - but I just couldn't release it clean enough consistently. I tend to lift the Nose up.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Got to take the CN Wave out for a few test throws on the course today. Been awhile since I yhrewy, and it was rainy, but.....
Definitely less flippy than my plasma, but with the same distance. I threw it on the same hyzerflip line I throw my plasma, and it didn't really flip up,just held that angle to the ground. Shows a little lateral wiggle, but even my best throw (about 360') with it, it didn't move a whole lot. Basically just straight to fade on a flat hard rip. My plasma would have needed up 20' farther right on the same line. I absolutely love it! Have a feeling I could even throw it on a shallow flex line and it would come back for amazing distance. My plaz wouldn't ever come back on a line like that.

Basically, it was my plasma crave, 100' longer.

Old 09-12-2020, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,769 Times in 2,979 Posts

Old 09-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Banned

Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

vectors are OOP but we get watermelon backpacks....