Old 11-21-2020, 02:52 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New Player in New England

BIO:
New player from England. I started playing in August of 2020, so I have been at it for about 4 months now. Grew up playing ultimate frisbee and was invited by a friend (who just picked it up over the COVID shutdown months) to try DG. Instantly hooked: It's like hiking with a purpose. I am averaging 4 morning rounds a week, stopping at the local course before work or on weekends (around 6 am). New England is fortunate to have so many fun, challenging courses so close by. I can't seem to figure out forehands well enough yet, so I predominantly throw backhand shots and tomahawks only if I am in a jam in the woods. Not a super quick arm. I am mostly self-taught and watching stuff on YouTube. My goals by Spring include developing a forehand, increasing my speed/control to maximize distance, and getting involved in a local league.

BAG:
For the first couple of months, I simply threw the discs in my Innova starter pack (Aviar, kVRoc, and Leopard). Learned to get some control with each one and started buying (and losing) discs. I really enjoy testing them out to see what they do and learning about all the variables: weights, plastics, molds. Still kinda in the experimental phase, but I tend to rely on my stable mids and control drivers (10 speed at max). I carry 23 discs now, keeping two or so of the discs I like.

Looking forward to learning a lot from folks in the forum and hopefully playing with some local folks when the COVID situation settles down a bit. I am open to any insight/feedback on ways I might improve my game or my bag situation. Thanks.

6 Putters - Innova Aviar, Innova Colt (3x), Dynamic Discs Deputy, Infinite Discs Scarab.

10 Mid-Ranges - Discraft Archer (2x), Discraft Buzzz (2x), DGA Tremor (2x), Innova Mako3, Innova King Cobra, Innova Vroc, Innova Wombat.

7 Drivers - Discraft Avenger SS, Discraft Undertaker, Latitude64 Diamond, Latitude64 Jade (2x), Legacy Patriot, MVP Relay.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2020, 02:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 158
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 839 Times in 331 Posts

Welcome to DGCR. Lots of good info to be gleaned from this site. Having fun is the ultimate goal.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 486 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Welcome to DGCR. Lots of good info to be gleaned from this site. Having fun is the ultimate goal.
This. play a lot and have fun. welcome!

Old 11-27-2020, 07:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

I'd suggest a firebird or similar overstable driver to mess around with and see what kind of flights you can get out of it. Welcome from NH!