Old 06-19-2020, 05:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,533 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yes but the inside flight plate is roughly the same weight within 3g.. The majority of the weight added is in the rim. So 143 fission Photon has less gyro stability than a 165.
Mehhh... some rumors abounded here early on. It was suspected that there were 2 separate plates, one for 140s and 150s and one for 160s and 170s.

On the other hand, Fission is notorious for molding up stange.

I can attest my 140 class Elain King Photon is FAF Destroyer OS.....YMMV
Sponsored Links

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 06-19-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,452 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Mehhh... some rumors abounded here early on. It was suspected that there were 2 separate plates, one for 140s and 150s and one for 160s and 170s.

On the other hand, Fission is notorious for molding up stange.

I can attest my 140 class Elain King Photon is FAF Destroyer OS.....YMMV
You might be right about the two plates, I remember on here one guy cut the plates off a few and weighed them. I can't remember it all but someone will dig it up. It was pretty cool
Old 08-22-2020, 03:05 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

Can anyone confirm that the new cosmic neutron Wave is indeed more stable than the plasma or neutron? So far the cosmic neutron discs have been so. Hopefully this trend continues with the Wave.
Old 08-25-2020, 10:57 AM

Courses Played: 12
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDG View Post
Can anyone confirm that the new cosmic neutron Wave is indeed more stable than the plasma or neutron? So far the cosmic neutron discs have been so. Hopefully this trend continues with the Wave.
I'd like to know also. I'm new to the wave. Got 2 plasma and one fission. All are around 168 and man they are so flippy. I'm not a big thrower either but I can barely put anything on these without almost turning them into rollers. I love the glide though so I'd definitely buy a stable one.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 43
Niced 922 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I'd like to know also. I'm new to the wave. Got 2 plasma and one fission. All are around 168 and man they are so flippy. I'm not a big thrower either but I can barely put anything on these without almost turning them into rollers. I love the glide though so I'd definitely buy a stable one.
What distance driver were you bagging before that was less flippy? I've never thrown cosmics but I've bagged every other plastic type of Wave. While you can find some variance by adjusting weight and plastic type, the differences are a lot less pronounced than you will find in other companies' drivers.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 187
Niced 1,715 Times in 662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisDG View Post
I have some 157 Cosmic Neutron Waves on the way. Probably arrive in a week or so (I chose extra-slow shipping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Neutron is usually a smidge more stable than Plasma, so you might want to try that. I have not tossed Proton or Fission Waves.

One thing to keep in minds is that the Wave resists turn as long as it is on even a slight hyzer. Once it gets turning though, it will hold that turn for a long time. Someone once described the Wave as "riding on a knife edge of stability", which matches my experience.

I am more of a hyzer-flipper so the Wave suits my throw nicely, both backhand and sidearm. But if you prefer flexing stable to overstable drivers, you will probably not be happy with the Wave.

Edit: agree with aphilso1 that differences between weights and plastics are relatively minor.

Niced: (3)
Old 08-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Courses Played: 12
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
I have some 157 Cosmic Neutron Waves on the way. Probably arrive in a week or so (I chose extra-slow shipping).

Neutron is usually a smidge more stable than Plasma, so you might want to try that. I have not tossed Proton or Fission Waves.

One thing to keep in minds is that the Wave resists turn as long as it is on even a slight hyzer. Once it gets turning though, it will hold that turn for a long time. Someone once described the Wave as "riding on a knife edge of stability", which matches my experience.

I am more of a hyzer-flipper so the Wave suits my throw nicely, both backhand and sidearm. But if you prefer flexing stable to overstable drivers, you will probably not be happy with the Wave.

Edit: agree with aphilso1 that differences between weights and plastics are relatively minor.
Thanks that's a good break down on what I should expect. What you describe as once it starts to turn it holds it seems to be my experience.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-25-2020, 04:16 PM

Niced 19 Times in 11 Posts

I bag a cosmic neutron Volt which is way more stable than the regular neutron. Also true for my new cosmic neutron Entropy. So i'm rather optimistic that the cosmic neutron Wave's will be more stable than the other plastics.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 520 Times in 287 Posts

Can’t comment on the Wave but I bag the Envy. My cosmic neutron is ever so slightly more stable than my other plastics. It’s not drastic but it is noticeable.

Old 08-26-2020, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,452 Times in 950 Posts

Haha while you guys are looking for cosmic, I'm awaiting the lightest fission Wave I can get! Still says "coming soon" at my retailer.

I am hopeful that cosmic will help fill that gap for you folks though... damn I was hoping someone was going to be talking about a fission wave.