#621  
Old 03-11-2016, 06:26 PM
tjh0188's Avatar
tjh0188 tjh0188 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

On the other hand, if you want a more stable pure, throw a shield.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 03-11-2016, 06:30 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts
Default

yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect
Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
SD86 SD86 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,430
Niced 2,379 Times in 1,733 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect
It's darn near perfect now. No need to retool. Now if they want to put out a new mold that takes care of what you're looking for, that'll be fine. But leave the Pure alone!
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 PM
@iDiscGolf's Avatar
@iDiscGolf @iDiscGolf is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 34
Posts: 3,815
Niced 347 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh0188 View Post
On the other hand, if you want a more stable pure, throw a shield.
But the shield is has a very deep feel compared. And a big bead if I remember correctly.
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 03-11-2016, 08:02 PM
tjh0188's Avatar
tjh0188 tjh0188 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Medium shields feel like a slightly meatier pure. A little taller. Its got a bead as much as a pure has a bead. Hard shields feel a lot deeper as well as the premium plastics.
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 03-11-2016, 08:09 PM
tjh0188's Avatar
tjh0188 tjh0188 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 70
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sorry, guess I misunderstood what you were saying. To me, shields and pures are the perfect complement to each other. Shield fades a little more but holds straight and doesn't turn, pures turn a little bit and fade less. Both in medium plastic. They feel almost identical to me. Shield is just a little deeper. Medium shields want to fight out of Anny near the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
yeah I never wanted any anny out of it.....never mentioned that one bit. Pa4 is $ for anhyzers and im not wanting a change in that. I got a Glow Pa3 thats working just fine as a straight flyer for short range. But if the Pure was ever given a re-tooling, I could see it being perfect
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 03-14-2016, 01:11 PM
ThomasOrion's Avatar
ThomasOrion ThomasOrion is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 3,777
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts
Default

Its all good. Actually I got out with the Pure again. It really is a great disc. I think I was just powering it too much hence the anny lines.

But if I throw with more control its a nice short range glider.
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,747
Niced 1,549 Times in 636 Posts
Default

That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 03-14-2016, 02:19 PM
bhadella bhadella is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 160
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,168
Niced 159 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
That's kind of weird. The Opto Pures I have are all stable line-holders that could take all the power I could ever give them. Half the time I could throw the Pures farther than my mids.
Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.
Reply With Quote
 

  #630  
Old 03-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Broken Shoulder's Avatar
Broken Shoulder Broken Shoulder is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 3,747
Niced 1,549 Times in 636 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadella View Post
Yup.

My Optos never turned over on flat or slight hyzer releases (unless there was a headwind). Then again, I've never thrown a Pure farther than 275' (on flat land). Monster power might get it to leak understable.

I do prefer Zero Mediums over Opto/GL for my Pures now. Amazing grip and more durable than I ever thought they would be.
Yup, same here at or a little beyond 300'. Any turnover was my fault or wind aided.

Must be my grip but the mediums tore the hell out of my knuckle. I had to stop throwing them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lat 64 Pure vs Innova Yeti Pro Aviar AceWraith Discs 10 04-29-2013 11:09 AM
PINK Opto PURE by Lat 64 8ceswild The Marketplace 5 10-20-2012 01:08 AM
Looking for Gold Line Pure and Opto Pure BigBob The Marketplace 1 08-28-2012 11:39 PM
$9 Shipped! All Brand New, Aviar Wraith Roc, Cool Stamps! also Lat 64 Pure :::LSWT::: The Marketplace 6 10-22-2011 01:25 AM
Lat 64 Pure Grip Line mobster The Marketplace 1 02-02-2011 12:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.