Old 11-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Par Member

Niced 90 Times in 56 Posts

I'm finding the same thing with my FR hades. From the first throw it was obvious despite being flatter than either of my protos that it wasn't as HSS. Originally I thought that was going to be a good thing. I could throw it on shots where I wanted the turn to carry it away from center and then finish back a little towards the middle. But the window to get it right seems much smaller than I'd expect. I've had just as many shots where it stays turned over and cut rolls as I have shots where it turns how I want and then fights back. Meanwhile both of my protos (156g, 175g) behave much more straight to hyzer and don't really stay turned over unless I really yank them on anhyzer.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-17-2020, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,048 Times in 792 Posts
Default Proto Hades

I threw my 3rd proto ESP Hades today. This one is pink. No weight sticker, but it feels like 170+. My other two Hades' are light blue.

The pink Hades is WAAAAYYY flippier than the two blue ones. Into a gentle headwind/breeze it flipped violently and rolled even when released with a steep hyzer. Thrown downwind it went about 450' with a LOT of side to side movement/S curve. Even downwind it felt like the pink Hades wanted to turn too much and not come back. Finicky disc. Reminded me a lot of a Nuke SS. Very flippy, I felt like I was overpowering it easily.

I guess the Hades has some inconsistency from disc to disc, just like any other high speed driver.

Pink Hades today was something like 12, 6, -4, 2. Just too much high speed turn. Once it flipped, it stayed there. Had several "throllers". This pink Hades didn't even feel like the same mold as my two blue ones. Nice, floaty glide. The pink Hades glides better than my two blue ones, but I found it almost impossible to get the disc to fly properly.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:02 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 97 Times in 69 Posts

Supposedly proto hades were made inconsistent on purpose.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 600 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I threw my 3rd proto ESP Hades today. This one is pink. No weight sticker, but it feels like 170+. My other two Hades' are light blue.

The pink Hades is WAAAAYYY flippier than the two blue ones. Into a gentle headwind/breeze it flipped violently and rolled even when released with a steep hyzer. Thrown downwind it went about 450' with a LOT of side to side movement/S curve. Even downwind it felt like the pink Hades wanted to turn too much and not come back. Finicky disc. Reminded me a lot of a Nuke SS. Very flippy, I felt like I was overpowering it easily.

I guess the Hades has some inconsistency from disc to disc, just like any other high speed driver.

Pink Hades today was something like 12, 6, -4, 2. Just too much high speed turn. Once it flipped, it stayed there. Had several "throllers". This pink Hades didn't even feel like the same mold as my two blue ones. Nice, floaty glide. The pink Hades glides better than my two blue ones, but I found it almost impossible to get the disc to fly properly.
So the first 2 were likely flatish, while your pink one is probably quite domey.

I haven't thrown Terns in a while, but if I recall flat ones were more OS while domey ones fly nicely right?
Old 11-18-2020, 04:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
So the first 2 were likely flatish, while your pink one is probably quite domey.

I haven't thrown Terns in a while, but if I recall flat ones were more OS while domey ones fly nicely right?
Pink one is a tad domier. The two light blue Hades' have average domes. They aren't flat.

IDK. I guess I'll just write it off as mold inconsistency. The pink Hades is super flippy, though.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:57 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 244 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
Supposedly proto hades were made inconsistent on purpose.
Do tell?
Old 11-21-2020, 03:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Default Pink Hades

Back in the field with the (flippy) pink ESP Hades today. I threw this disc for the first time last week and found it almost unbearably flippy.

Today was a calmer day, so I figured I'd try it again. Pretty much the same results. On most throws the pink Hades would start bending right after being released from a pretty steep hyzer. It never even tries to come back toward center late in flight either.

I did have a couple high, hyzer releases that flexed out hugely for massive yardage. One thing I will say, if you can keep the Hades from flipping entirely and get it high enough, it provides some of the most jaw dropping S curves I've ever seen. This disc was neck and neck with a G* Corvette for max distance today despite being 2 speeds slower. Very nearly 500'. The Corvette was a lot less touchy.

This pink Hades would be useless on the course. The disc is extremely finicky, and I probably throw it well 1 in about 6 tries. Most throws just turn and burn. The few good ones I had were mesmerizing bombs.

Interesting mold, the Hades. Seems to be all over the place for stability. Supreme distance potential though, if you're willing to put up with wildness.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 946 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post

This pink Hades would be useless on the course.
Want to sell it?

Old 11-27-2020, 02:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 222 Times in 112 Posts

My pink Hades don't turn that much. They do have some early turn but come back, which was the exact disc I was looking for! I've got a couple holes where I just weave through the trees.