Old 03-26-2020, 01:23 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 242 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
Interesting. Id love undertaker just a bit more overstable or the explorer just a bit more understable.... what would be inbetween that I would be able to have an understable and an overstable based on the plastic choice?
FD, stalker, etc...

I havent played around with an Undertaker since they first came out and I honestly dont remember how they fly.

As far as a more understable Explorer, I like the Escape for this spot. As far as Trilogy discs, I feel the Escape flies fairly true to the numbers. I think its a 9/6/-.5/2. It might fly more like a 9/6/-1/2 or maybe a 9/6/-1/1.5. It does turn a bit but always comes back for me and the glide and distance is crazy.

Obviously, your mileage may vary.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 468
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 927 Times in 475 Posts

Agree about the Escape. It's a really good, I feel, underrated disc. Lat 64 Saint is another that's similar to an Escape. The DD Getaway would be what you're looking for for more overstability. Stalker would be like a more understable Explorer if you went that route.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:21 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
If you can find first run or z glow undertaker, that would be your best bet to have a more overstable version. A cryztal stalker may work also but notably slower and needs more height to work. Not sure for the explorer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Agree about the Escape. It's a really good, I feel, underrated disc. Lat 64 Saint is another that's similar to an Escape. The DD Getaway would be what you're looking for for more overstability. Stalker would be like a more understable Explorer if you went that route.
I want to keep one mold for this shot, 2 discs...

Would the stalker be between the explorer and undertaker stability wise? Or would I be able to get a more premium plastic to find a more stable similar to explorer and another to fly less stable similar to the undertaker?

What about a color glow fd (night strike) or luster fd and a s-line fd?
Old 03-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 423 Times in 266 Posts

For Undertaker, I think the Ti is a little more OS out of the box, where the Z is very straight. The Ti I have is pre-McB, though, so idk how they’re coming out these days. If you can find FR Z or Z-Glo Undertakers, they are more OS, more of a x-x-0-2 flight, where normal Zs have a little turn and maybe little less fade.

The Explorer does come in Opto-X, which will act as an overstable compliment to any other plastic Explorer.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 307 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Interesting. Id love undertaker just a bit more overstable or the explorer just a bit more understable.... what would be inbetween that I would be able to have an understable and an overstable based on the plastic choice?
FD, stalker, etc...
Vulture? It's a speed 10 I think but it def feels more os than an undertaker... You might be able to beat in a big Z or ESP maybe to make it play like an undertaker...pro d would beat in fast but pro d gets chewed up like no other
Old 03-26-2020, 05:07 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
For Undertaker, I think the Ti is a little more OS out of the box, where the Z is very straight. The Ti I have is pre-McB, though, so idk how theyre coming out these days. If you can find FR Z or Z-Glo Undertakers, they are more OS, more of a x-x-0-2 flight, where normal Zs have a little turn and maybe little less fade.

The Explorer does come in Opto-X, which will act as an overstable compliment to any other plastic Explorer.
For me the ti is super straight barley any fade until the last little bit of flight.
I havent any luck finding any glos or more overstable versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
Vulture? It's a speed 10 I think but it def feels more os than an undertaker... You might be able to beat in a big Z or ESP maybe to make it play like an undertaker...pro d would beat in fast but pro d gets chewed up like no other
Looking for something a little slower. More fairway driver less control drivers
Old 03-26-2020, 05:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 307 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
FD, stalker, etc...
I was going to say perhaps a Raptor, but that would play a lot like your FD3.
I like my timberwolf a lot, and it's a touch more understable than the explorer, but at the same time, Daredevil only offers one plastic per mold, and I'm not sure if the wolverine (different (more OS) plastic, same mold) is what you are looking for.

What about a Banshee or a Volt?
Old 03-26-2020, 06:04 PM
Birdie Member

Never tried a volt, thoughts?
Spitballing here...What about the FD? Saint Pro? F3?
Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 423 Times in 266 Posts

Quote:
Never tried a volt, thoughts?
Spitballing here...What about the FD? Saint Pro? F3?
I think they are all up that similar alley. Its been a while since I dabbled with the volt, but I remember pairing Neutron/Plasma for that slightly OS/Stable fairway slot. Itll be similar to the Undertaker, I think.

I believe the Saint Pro also has an Opto-X option, so that could pair well together.

FD will likely be more US than the rest. The thing with drivers, though, is you can buy 10, and they all might fly a little different since such small variations in the wing will result in different flights. 2 cents.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:30 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
I think they are all up that similar alley. Its been a while since I dabbled with the volt, but I remember pairing Neutron/Plasma for that slightly OS/Stable fairway slot. Itll be similar to the Undertaker, I think.

I believe the Saint Pro also has an Opto-X option, so that could pair well together.

FD will likely be more US than the rest. The thing with drivers, though, is you can buy 10, and they all might fly a little different since such small variations in the wing will result in different flights. 2 cents.
True true!!
Intrigued by the saint pro. Can someone with experience comment?