Old 04-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 832 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
That's the catch. You have to have someplace to put it in May.
Let me open an Amazon seller account and sign up to put my product in their warehouse.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 170
Niced 260 Times in 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess-dog View Post
Trump administration stated they were weighing the benefits of China having a large outbreak vs the US's chances it wouldn't be serious here. Economically could have been a big "win". In January officials were pontificating on the economic advantage we were sure to get.

"US commerce secretary Wilbur Ross has said the deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could be positive for the American economy."
That's what really gets me about this administration. Set aside the prioritizing of profit over human life part, but the business genius and his team have no understanding of how tightly the US economy is tied to China's. For all of the "wins", there would also be a ton of US companies feeling the pain of disruptions in their Chinese supply chains. Not to mention US companies losing sales in China. They were counting the hits but not the misses.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:34 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 165 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
Kinda baffling that you're so willing to accept the conclusions of the Great Orange Angler, then.

Lord, save us from political anglers before its too late.
I assume you're talking about the president. I have no idea what his conclusions are and no interest in them. I have accepted no conclusions about covid19, nor have I formed any of my own. Moreover I am wholly unconcerned with any and all political figures, parties, and policies. I've got no time or energy to waste on that kind of nonsense. Some other kinds of nonsense are ok.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 51 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
That's what really gets me about this administration. Set aside the prioritizing of profit over human life part, but the business genius and his team have no understanding of how tightly the US economy is tied to China's. For all of the "wins", there would also be a ton of US companies feeling the pain of disruptions in their Chinese supply chains. Not to mention US companies losing sales in China. They were counting the hits but not the misses.
The supply chain was mentioned several times with the prevailing wisdom that the virus would show businesses that it was not good to be so heavily invested in China. So the US and Mexico would likely gain more manufacturing jobs. January 2020's news is an interesting wormhole to go down.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:54 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Niced 3,710 Times in 1,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
For someone who claims to know how business works, he has no idea how business works.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:55 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 331
Niced 3,710 Times in 1,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wims View Post
it was at -37 dollar for a while
I can't even wrap my head around the concept of negative priced oil.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-20-2020, 08:24 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 61 Posts

Found on FB today while I was watching these idiots march on the statehouse that will likely get them, or someone in their families, sick eventually.
Seems to be a decent accounting of data, and shows how badly NY did, and how Ohio isn't doing as well as it was:

"As far as I'm concerned, there is exactly one COVID-19 data source worth checking daily. Go here: https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/ scroll down, and find the "Cases by US States/Territories, normalized by population". Change the drop down to new cases/day or new deaths/day rolling weekly average, and choose the state you're curious about. As far as I know, this is the easiest way to see data that is both adjusted for the size/population of the state, so Nebraska and New Jersey aren't treated like they're the same thing AND looks at rolling averages so one bad/good day doesn't make everything look better or worse than it is."

Niced: (3)
Old 04-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 41.1
Courses Played: 108
Niced 64 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
Cuomo has done an absolute garbage job. He puts on a good show blaming Trump and tooting his own horn, but he did an absolutely awful job bungling his state's response. He was way behind governors in many other states with way less serious outbreaks. Heck, bars and clubs were open in NYC long after PA and OH had shut them down. His health system was inadequately prepared. De Blasio did an even worst job. He's blaming everyone else but fought everyone of his advisors about shutting things down until the very end. NY state has double the per capita death rate of italy (which a few weeks ago was the center of the apocalypse). It's absolutely shameful. Honestly I don't know how anyone could possibly think anything positive about either or ever vote for them again.

The whole thing is shameful. People in power knew this was coming. Simply being honest with their citizens about the seriousness of the threat, and explaining the few simple steps that everyone can easily do, would greatly have mitigated this disaster.

Sorry to disagree, Cuomo may have been slow in his response in retrospect, but he was always following the advice of the CDC. And shuttering down the largest city in the country isn't quite so easy. But let's move past that - this pandemic is certainly far from over and he's extended the Shelter in Place until mid May (at this point). Where as our Great Leader is supportive of the covidiots protesting the bans. Which one of them is showing true leadership?
Old 04-20-2020, 08:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.3
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,669 Times in 640 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

This was in today's report from Ohio. 12,516 confirmed total.

Nearly 2,000 inmates at Marion Correctional Institution test positive for COVID-19

https://www.10tv.com/article/prison-...ounty-2020-apr

Old 04-20-2020, 09:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,149 Times in 485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by etdefender19 View Post
If that means they’ll pay me to take it off their hands, put me down for 100,000 barrels. I won’t even insist on delivery until 2030 or so
What's theold saying?

I would gladly take payment today, for you to give me crude oil in 10 years.

Something like that.