Old 05-07-2020, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 860 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billipo View Post
I must be drawn to underrated discs. My bag has quite a few mentioned.

My vote is for 150 class Discraft Z Flick..... I am getting dangerously low on my 2007 stash. I used them for an option on a player pack and according to Discraft I ordered 40 of the 110 they sold. Then they discontinued them. Discraft brought them back but thet are never in stock. I still have an esp(discontinued) and today ordered 3 Ti version with a 2015 stamp which I found after an extensive search.

Only disc in my bag that I have no other model that could take its place.
Nice bump!

I'm a tad curious how you like the 2015 Ti (I think it was Ledgestone?) I got one and found it to be nice but not quite as overstable as a standard Flick. Mine even had some dome.

My vote is for the Star Beast. I don't think I've ever seen someone else bagging one (or at least throwing one), but I've had one in the bag consistently for a few years now. I love it for some straight/turnover forehands and also for straight downhill backhand shots. Good glide and far from flippy as long as there's not a headwind.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-07-2020, 06:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,123 Times in 754 Posts

The Rattler, not for me but it flies sweet. I can't do DX plastic. Personally my vote is for something MVP.

I really like their proton Spin, few others seem to though. Understable out of the box.. Without burning and in premium plastic.

Second shout out to the discontinued Switch, fantastic all round disc if you can tune it in. Turns a bit and you can force for more, but depending on nose angle you can get a straight set down or a big late sweeping hyzer.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 121 Times in 77 Posts

Gateway Blaze especially in diamond plastic.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:40 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 41
Niced 1,013 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I thought that was Prodigy who pumped the whole easy release plus rim thing?

Never noticed that on trilogy stuff.
I'm unsure who it was, definitely one of the "newer" companies though.

I'm surprised you've never noticed! Flow, River, Core, Sorceress, Diamond, Stiletto, Saint, XXX, Giant, World, Stag are the L64/Westside molds I know I've tried with it.

Never thrown a DD or Prodigy disc before.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,053 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
2nd the Archon - it was completely pooped on when it came out. I only had one because it was a tourney fundraiser, sat in the closet for a few years but that seemed to have seasoned it perfectly
What plastic?
Old 05-07-2020, 08:04 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,053 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
bruh
The Destroyer mold is not underrated but the specific plastic for the Destroyer is in gets overlooked constantly in some people assuming 100% often without throwing the disc is a 0.5--0 in glide. That the disc will only go 75-100 feet before turning the way an Xcalibur will. Yeah that is the Luster/MF Champion plastic that is an Xcalibur for the Destroyer.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 14
Niced 715 Times in 269 Posts

The Sling is an incredibly straight flying disc. Great HSS with very mild LSS. I am using this disc to dominate a lot of local straight shots. Shots that I would have previously had a lot more trouble with.

I can also shameless plug the Serpent. A disc that possesses no turn, hardly any fade & very little glide. That sounds like a phenomenal disc...well the Serp doesn't sell so great so I'm going to say it is underrated.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 PM

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

I throw a few that I'd consider under appreciated. I actually bag one of those 175g Sonics that GG brought into relevancy, I love that it has the weight to throw it kind of hard compared to those common 150 polecats or something, but can produce similar lines. Not so squirrely that it gets away from me easily, and it always lands soft.

I've bagged a Tursas for years, but at the suggestion of someone in the Discmania thread I picked up a D-Line MD recently to compliment the slew of MD3s I bag, and I have been super impressed. It will hold a turn on very low power shots, or flip over with a bit more gas. Really easy-to-activate glide. A perfect disc for the woods of NC. People ask me "what disc was that?" all the time after navigating tough anny lines. In a similar vein I bag a D-Line FD as well that I get comments about, but I think that magic "cheat" disc is a little more well-known, especially on these forums.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 55 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
Gateway Blaze especially in diamond plastic.
Gateway has to be most under rated for something. The original Speed Demon was my Firebird disc for a long time. Great grip but always warped near the rim. The Sure Grip Demons were fun too.

Old 05-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 54
Niced 19 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Nice bump!

I'm a tad curious how you like the 2015 Ti (I think it was Ledgestone?).
Yep ledgestone (150 class Flick) ! I ordered right before I posted yesterday. ETA on Monday. ESP was even flatter than z plastic.

I use 'em for forehands and with great confidence on get out of trouble shots.