Old 05-05-2020, 11:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 366
Niced 2,429 Times in 1,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Why does discraft have the stalker in just z? I know about the limited edition runs. I just want a stock run of stalker in esp or big z. I think with Hailey king and PP bringing the stalker to the spot light they could cash in. I'm clamoring for a swirly esp stalker.
they had stock pro d stalkers a few years ago
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2020, 02:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 78 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turniphead View Post
Anyone else pick up a Ledgestone Rubber-blend Zone? This blend is money, it feels amazing, kinda like a more durable jawbreaker. I love the flight too, less stable than my ESP/Zs while still resisting that turnover when powered up. Feels like this will be my new approach disc ~150' and in.

I wonder if Discraft will go ahead and add this plastic/rubber blend to their lineup, I dread not being able to replace this thing when the time comes.
From what I hear it is the same blend as the current run of Luna. I don't forsee it being a stock plastic for anything other than the Luna. Most of the Ledgestone stuff is once and gone.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2020, 03:41 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,053 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Anyone else pick up a Ledgestone Rubber-blend Zone? This blend is money, it feels amazing, kinda like a more durable jawbreaker. I love the flight too, less stable than my ESP/Zs while still resisting that turnover when powered up. Feels like this will be my new approach disc ~150' and in.

I wonder if Discraft will go ahead and add this plastic/rubber blend to their lineup, I dread not being able to replace this thing when the time comes.
When did Titanium come out to when it was made for production? that is number of years between those two dates.

When did Rubber Blend come out?

Then take that time of Rubber Blend coming out to now subtracted by when Titanium was finally produced and you have an about time to when Rubber Blend Could be made at the earliest if it can be made at all for regular production. If this is negative, then we most likely will not see the Rubber Blend come out for regular production.

I also have a feeling for regular disc sales that Jawbreaker will keep being made and not replaced with Rubber Blend to increase sales having to buy a new disc every 2-4 years or so if you play a lot/putting practice. Even modern Pro D is more durable then Jawbreaker. Now if they made a Soft X that was not as flexible as Soft X is but soft like missing the thin outer gloss, it would sell well for Disc Golf players unhappy there is not a less flex plastic for some putters that is more durable then Pro D or Jawbreaker. I mean even Innova is listening to what players as well as pro players sponsored by Innova and making more of its putters putters in a stiff baseline for putting like XT, even DX is in most runs and discs stiffer then Pro D and stiff enough premium for driving in Star or Champion.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 05-06-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 03:50 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,053 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
When did Titanium come out to when it was made for production? that is number of years between those two dates.

When did Rubber Blend come out?

Then take that time of Rubber Blend coming out to now subtracted by when Titanium between time from out to full production and you have an about time to when Rubber Blend Could be made at the earliest if it can be made at all for regular production. If this is negative, then we most likely will not see the Rubber Blend come out for regular production.

I also have a feeling for regular disc sales that Jawbreaker will keep being made and not replaced with Rubber Blend to increase sales having to buy a new disc every 2-4 years or so if you play a lot/putting practice. Even modern Pro D is more durable then Jawbreaker. Now if they made a Soft X that was not as flexible as Soft X is but soft like missing the thin outer gloss, it would sell well for Disc Golf players unhappy there is not a less flex plastic for some putters that is more durable then Pro D or Jawbreaker. I mean even Innova is listening to what players as well as pro players sponsored by Innova and making more of its putters putters in a stiff baseline for putting like XT, even DX is in most runs and discs stiffer then Pro D and stiff enough premium for driving in Star or Champion.
Fixed my post, made mistake.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:09 AM

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcodyclapp View Post
From what I hear it is the same blend as the current run of Luna. I don't forsee it being a stock plastic for anything other than the Luna. Most of the Ledgestone stuff is once and gone.
I honestly am not sure about the makeup of the blend, but it doesn't feel like the Luna blend at all. The Luna rubber-blend is very smooth and stiff/firm/hard. The blend on these Zones is soft, slightly tacky, and has a lot of flex. When I ordered them I figured it would be the Luna blend, but in the end they only look a bit similar, in hand they definitely are not.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 78 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
I honestly am not sure about the makeup of the blend, but it doesn't feel like the Luna blend at all. The Luna rubber-blend is very smooth and stiff/firm/hard. The blend on these Zones is soft, slightly tacky, and has a lot of flex. When I ordered them I figured it would be the Luna blend, but in the end they only look a bit similar, in hand they definitely are not.
Have you felt the newest run of Lunas? The plastic has changed quite a bit from earlier runs.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:47 PM

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcodyclapp View Post
Have you felt the newest run of Lunas? The plastic has changed quite a bit from earlier runs.

Nah I sure haven't. I like the Lunas I have quite a bit though, and if they changed the blend to the same thing as these Zones then I'll be pretty disappointed. I like both blends, but for my putts I really like the harder slick feel, like p-line P2s and the Lunas I already have. I guess I'll pick one up to see how different they are.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,881 Times in 1,046 Posts

In Pauls latest video he throws a "mystery disc" , ,looks like fairway and it goes dead straight. . new disc in Pauls line?
Old 06-07-2020, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,475 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
In Pauls latest video he throws a "mystery disc" , ,looks like fairway and it goes dead straight. . new disc in Pauls line?
pretty sure it was a comet

he also had an orange z surge in the bag.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 731 Times in 441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
pretty sure it was a comet

he also had an orange z surge in the bag.
They need to resurrect the Surge with production ESP. I've been told they're a hair slower Wraith. Sounds great.

Niced: (2)