Old 06-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Champ Rhyno imo. Not as stable as the harp though. Pig is more OS and flat like a harp, but odd rim.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by World Eater; 06-22-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 69
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Safe to say that, the answer is Zone if you want noticeably OS flight no matter the conditions, but if what you want is closer to neutral flight not changed by wind (i.e. good HSS but not aggressive fade,) there are various good options out there?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 141
Niced 1,015 Times in 538 Posts

ULTRIUM JOKERI
Old 06-22-2016, 01:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 164
Niced 1,207 Times in 596 Posts

I carry a Zone. For Zone stuff. But it is REALLY OS. Everyone recommending them knows it. And I doubt anyone carrying a zone doesn't have another slightly OS driving/upshot putter in their bag.

I used to use the Scale in that spot. Love the flight (brickish and super rangeable) and they season in great. Good choice for a Wizard thrower, but in the end they just felt to deep for me. Switched to Rhynos. Again, great flight -- not as brickish or OS, and they come in tons of great plastic options. Less deep, but still felt a touch too deep for me.
Settled on Tanks -- they're beadless Rhynos. Still OS, not nearly as deep in the hands. Super rangeable but workable.
A beefier Envy isn't a bad choice either, but they're much longer and creep on my Rocs.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

ESP Zone all the way! One of my favorite discs of all time
Old 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 731 Times in 441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
I carry a Zone. For Zone stuff. But it is REALLY OS. Everyone recommending them knows it. And I doubt anyone carrying a zone doesn't have another slightly OS driving/upshot putter in their bag.
This is the point I was trying to stress. Better to look for a more workable disc that doesn't require so much effort to shape.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 20
Niced 37 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:

I used to use the Scale in that spot. Love the flight (brickish and super rangeable) and they season in great. Good choice for a Wizard thrower, but in the end they just felt to deep for me. Switched to Rhynos. Again, great flight -- not as brickish or OS, and they come in tons of great plastic options. Less deep, but still felt a touch too deep for me.
Settled on Tanks -- they're beadless Rhynos. Still OS, not nearly as deep in the hands. Super rangeable but workable.
A beefier Envy isn't a bad choice either, but they're much longer and creep on my Rocs.
Tank looks like a Pig. alot.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Par Member

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:

That's exactly what I needed to hear. I would like to get my hands on a disc like the tank that you described. I have thrown envies and they feel too deep to me as well. Are there more discs that are similar to the tank?

Also, I ordered a zone based on all of the recommendations.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Sailer View Post
This is the point I was trying to stress. Better to look for a more workable disc that doesn't require so much effort to shape.
What would you suggest as a more workable disc that is still shallow and beadless?

Old 06-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
Safe to say that, the answer is Zone if you want noticeably OS flight no matter the conditions, but if what you want is closer to neutral flight not changed by wind (i.e. good HSS but not aggressive fade,) there are various good options out there?
The original purpose of this thread was to find a disc like you described. Closer to neutral and not changed by the wind. What are your favorites?