Old 10-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Par Member

Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Upper Park Shift vs. Rebel Comfort

I have an UPD Shift (version 4) and I am wondering if the Rebel is as comfortable as my shift. I have lower back problems and my first backpack bag was an Octothorpe which just killed me, even after a short round and not fully loaded. I can lug my shift around all day fully loaded and I don't wind up with any abnormal aches or pains. I am asking this because I'd like a bag that will hold a little more stuff. A few more discs and maybe more food and water. I would appreciate any insight that you wonderful people at DGCR have! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 23
Niced 355 Times in 138 Posts

I actually find my Rebel to be a more comfortable fit. The Shift sits a bit too high on my back and the Rebel seems to hit my lower back just right. The added weight of the Rebel makes me prefer the Shift in the summer, but the added storage makes me prefer the Rebel the rest of the year and at tournaments.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 14 Times in 9 Posts

I really want a lightweight casual round backpack. Been looking st both these. Curious to see what others say
Old 10-14-2016, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

I had a Shift which I sold recently to a friend and bought a Rebel. I'd say the Rebel is just as comfortable, but I was surprised how much heavier it is than the Shift. I'd gotten used to the amazing lightness of the Shift and the Rebel definitely weighs a few pounds more, so that's something you should expect if you're switching. Otherwise, it's very comfortable.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-14-2016, 07:21 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,127 Times in 757 Posts

I own a rebel and have worn a shift. They both kick ass. If I am going on a longer hike style course I will take the rebel every single time. I own 3 other bags I could carry but it is the best one of them all for comfort.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 42 Times in 30 Posts

I have owned 2 Shifts, and tried several Rebels before getting the V4 Shift. For my body, the Shift is where it's at. I've literally tried every other DG BP on the market, and the Shift feels like heaven. Like wearing nothing.

The Rebel was cool, kind of like a heavier, longer Shift. It's about 2" too long for my torso however, and I end up with the bottom edge riding the top of mah cheeks! I also do not need to carry that many molds, and I only tend to go golfing for a half day at time so I don't need a backpack that I can load up for a 4 day trip

Old 10-18-2016, 01:06 PM

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

For me, the Shift is a lot more comfortable. This is most likely only because of the weight. I tend to use the Rebel only for tournament rounds. Then I'm carrying backup discs, a chair and/or an umbrella, snacks and two water bottles.