#1  
Old 08-27-2019, 01:00 AM
Kyleflanders Kyleflanders is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Delta cart

Why is it so hard to find a used delta cart?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Leonidas187 Leonidas187 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: River Falls Wisco
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 94
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Welcome to the website. To answer your question, I think part of the reason that there aren't a lot of used ones out there for sale is that they haven't sold as many. For the price point, I know there's a multitude of other choices out there, and looking at the history of they're customer service, there's a lot of reasons to not drop over 5 bills on something that you know you're not going to get back. That's a lot of dough for something that isn't going to have a resale value. Plus if you get one, and you end up going to a course that isn't cart friendly, you still gotta have something to carry your stuff in. That's my take, but I'm sure there will be someone that says "well it's cause no one wants to get rid of them cause they rawk so much and Socki Bomb uses one" but meh. There's a new german cart coming to market here that's almost like the Delta, and of course, there's always back pack carts from DD Zucca, or straight Zucca, for way less than the Delta. Shoot, you can even build a box cart your own self for way way less than that. Just my two cents man.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:12 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,589
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas187 View Post
Welcome to the website. To answer your question, I think part of the reason that there aren't a lot of used ones out there for sale is that they haven't sold as many. For the price point, I know there's a multitude of other choices out there, and looking at the history of they're customer service, there's a lot of reasons to not drop over 5 bills on something that you know you're not going to get back. That's a lot of dough for something that isn't going to have a resale value. Plus if you get one, and you end up going to a course that isn't cart friendly, you still gotta have something to carry your stuff in. That's my take, but I'm sure there will be someone that says "well it's cause no one wants to get rid of them cause they rawk so much and Socki Bomb uses one" but meh. There's a new german cart coming to market here that's almost like the Delta, and of course, there's always back pack carts from DD Zucca, or straight Zucca, for way less than the Delta. Shoot, you can even build a box cart your own self for way way less than that. Just my two cents man.
This reeks of someone who doesn't own one. I'll be that guy. Because I don't want to lie.

I ordered my Delta X on the day they were released. I am not selling because I love the cart. It's taken every bit of abuse I've thrown at it (have beat it up pretty good), and it's always ready for more. I couldn't care less that second place uses one. If I had my druthers, I'd prefer he use something else. I also have a couple bags laying around for when I visit one of those "cart unfriendly" courses or travel. They collect dust.

If I had to replace it, I'd probably be patient and wait for the next run of them. Too much plastic on the Crosslap for not much less money, Zuca carts are modified figure skater bags, and Ridge Roller is a no go due to Joe's incessant spamming here.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Leonidas187 Leonidas187 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: River Falls Wisco
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 94
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
This reeks of someone who doesn't own one. I'll be that guy. Because I don't want to lie.
In fact no. I don't. I also can't justify dropping that much money on something that I only do as a rec thing, albeit I'm justifying getting the LG cart and the Ranger H2O cause, as my wife puts it, "I've been a good boy this year".

More power to you bro. Go for what you know and like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2019, 01:50 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 36.5
Courses Played: 247
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,951
Niced 1,698 Times in 739 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas187 View Post
Welcome to the website. To answer your question, I think part of the reason that there aren't a lot of used ones out there for sale is that they haven't sold as many. For the price point, I know there's a multitude of other choices out there, and looking at the history of they're customer service, there's a lot of reasons to not drop over 5 bills on something that you know you're not going to get back. That's a lot of dough for something that isn't going to have a resale value. Plus if you get one, and you end up going to a course that isn't cart friendly, you still gotta have something to carry your stuff in. That's my take, but I'm sure there will be someone that says "well it's cause no one wants to get rid of them cause they rawk so much and Socki Bomb uses one" but meh. There's a new german cart coming to market here that's almost like the Delta, and of course, there's always back pack carts from DD Zucca, or straight Zucca, for way less than the Delta. Shoot, you can even build a box cart your own self for way way less than that. Just my two cents man.
I have not heard the customer service history. Maybe you could give us a rundown. I appreciate you have an opinion, but much of the above is presented as fact. It also seems your take is based on a lot of conjecture and supposition.

I am in the market for a new cart. My GoKart has seen better days. I am always interested in reviews and feedback on people experience.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-27-2019, 02:18 PM
Leonidas187 Leonidas187 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: River Falls Wisco
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 94
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Took a look at their FB page reviews and recommendation, seems to be a few complaints, which for a 500 dollar purchase is a few too many in my humble opinion.
Tires seem to pop pretty easy, missing products in orders, people being told that they won't get a replacement cart just a refund if something is wrong, seems to be pretty much unacceptable, would be from other companies.
To me, it seems like there's a lot of choices out there for the money as far as carts are concerned. The idea that a cart is just a
modified version of a figure skaters bag, or there's too much plastic (hmmm...having several jobs in plastics, something that is made out of plastic doesn't worry me as much) just seems to be kind of opinion. As I said, I'm getting the DD LG backpack cart and the Ranger. Seems to me that it's a lot easier to get a hold of something that as of late, I haven't heard any terrible stories about, has a solid customer service history, and is a business that I've been spending cash at for a bit. Also, my original point about them not being as prevalent on DG courses is that they haven't sold as many, and I haven't seen too many of them out on the courses I've played at in the last two years. I see far more DIY jobs as well as various forms of DD/Zucca to be able to make up my mind about them. I've looked at most products out there, including the Gottagogottathrow cart, the Rovic, The Delta and the like, and I keep coming up with what I've come up with. Shrug....like I said, my two cents.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-27-2019, 04:13 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,589
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas187 View Post
In fact no. I don't. I also can't justify dropping that much money on something that I only do as a rec thing, albeit I'm justifying getting the LG cart and the Ranger H2O cause, as my wife puts it, "I've been a good boy this year".

More power to you bro. Go for what you know and like.
I've paid way too much for disc bags too. I guess I don't see the difference in price (around $90 if you go off the prices I saw online) as being that extreme. The DD route is $410 (230/cart and 180/bag). The Delta route is $500. While I would never say that $90 is a negligible amount, I don't get why you'd pick the DD over saving a little while longer (from my experience owning a Delta and tinkering with the DD offerings in stores).

I guess what should be taken from all this is that it's good that we all have options to be able to get what we want. I'm sure you'll be happy with your chosen route, and I do hope you are.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
 

  #8  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:04 PM
Leonidas187 Leonidas187 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: River Falls Wisco
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 94
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I've paid way too much for disc bags too. I guess I don't see the difference in price (around $90 if you go off the prices I saw online) as being that extreme. The DD route is $410 (230/cart and 180/bag). The Delta route is $500. While I would never say that $90 is a negligible amount, I don't get why you'd pick the DD over saving a little while longer (from my experience owning a Delta and tinkering with the DD offerings in stores).

I guess what should be taken from all this is that it's good that we all have options to be able to get what we want. I'm sure you'll be happy with your chosen route, and I do hope you are.
Well... After seeing one up close and personal yesterday.....and after re reading somethings on here, talking it out with the wife, ect. ect. I'm gonna take the route of admitting to changing my mind. I'll be ordering the Delta 12 as soon as I can save up the money, probably in mid winter. Seeing one up close and personal is definitely a game changer. I'm ordering the basic black and getting the foam tires. Reading reviews is also a good way to educate and plot ways to head off problems at the pass...

Wow this has been quite the thread hi-jack. Sorry, not sorry!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta Cart IronJack Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 911 10-05-2019 11:12 PM
Looking for a used delta cart OrganizedChaos The Marketplace 8 08-27-2019 12:57 AM
Delta 10 cart Otis Riley The Marketplace 0 07-15-2019 12:16 AM
Looking for a Delta cart MichaelWhitlow The Marketplace 0 02-05-2019 02:21 PM
Delta 11 Cart Strauss Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 12 11-14-2016 05:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.