Old 09-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Size Queen

Niced 408 Times in 282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
So you think the entire sport needs to be changed because the best player in the world makes it look too easy?

Your constant trolling and negativity is just sad.
Not JUST him all the top pro's are not challenged from 25 feet on in. Just think in 5-10 years when players better then Eagle are around? What happens when a field of 100+ 1040+ rated players are playing?

We've already seen several players have 4 round perfect putting tournaments. Not a single missed putt!!! We would have several every week with the current wall of chain baskets.

Players are only going to get better and more and more of them will be playing. We need to plan ahead, not that putting percentages are not already ridiculously too high now, just for the next decade.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2021, 03:37 PM

Courses Played: 16
Niced 26 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Yes they are so great that they are essentially gimmes. Sure it's not a gimme for me or probably you, but I don't putt like Eagle either. His chance to miss is extremely low. Just using Eagle as an example.

Since his chance to miss is extremely low, it's an easy putt for him. Little to no challenge required. That's the point.
Way to absolutely marginalize the inordinate amount of hours a pro dedicates to his craft to make it look easy. This is the first comment that actually makes me mad in this entire thread. This comment alone is the clearest example that you have no clue what you are talking about right now.

I suppose the free throw line needs to move in basketball...just too easy for these pros...an absolute gimme and they clearly aren't being challenged enough.

I'm out, I'm sorry I even entered into this mess.

Old 09-22-2021, 03:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 152
Niced 1,429 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
How did you come up with a 5-9 foot number anyways? I said 15 feet for comeback putts versus the 20-35 footers now.
And I said you're wrong.

How did I come up 5-9'? 15+ years of observing the way nose-down efforts to focus on striking the basket/bottom of the chains react. Your non-solution encourages the professional field changing their putting style to the same style I see people adopt when they feel they can't be trusted to make a 10'+ comeback putt.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,398 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Nope, all of that is a factor. A spin putt ripping through the air is not going to rise and fall much at all, which is why it flies by 35 feet. Wind, WAY less of a factor. Touch? Again, they are ripping 35 feet by if it misses metal, so no touch needed there. Controlling the nose angle, minimal, again it's on a laser.

Beginners pitch putt because they would three or four putt if they ripped 35 feet by. They are scared of the comeback. Pro's SHOULD be scared of a comeback putt. But they are not.

Your slightly more difficult basket would change nothing.

I heard Ricky say, “I always go for it”. That is the mentality of these players. Why ?because everyone else is going for it and some will make it. The way these guys are playing it full throttle until the end.

But, of course you hate disc golf. Why are you here?

Niced: (1)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 122
Niced 4,407 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post

I'm out, I'm sorry I even entered into this mess.
This bears repeating over and over. If only the rest of us had the fortitude to stay away...

Niced: (4)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 101
Niced 3,150 Times in 1,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmonster1985 View Post
What a cesspool this whole thread is. Just another example that those that do the least for the sport also complain the most.
If I had to guess, OMD is a solo golfer? And from his POV it's really everyone else that's a dick where he lives?
You're a clone of a clone.
Had I known OMD the liar was going to pollute this thread way back when I would never have started it in the first place. My apologies to DGCR.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
We've already seen several players have 4 round perfect putting tournaments. Not a single missed putt!!! We would have several every week with the current wall of chain baskets.
This has not happened a single time this year. This is another example of OldMD being a deceitful con. He knows full well that the green is larger than 10 meters, but he's trying to pass off C1 percentages as the totality of putting anyway. The only player in 2022 on any event tracked by UDiscLive to have a 100% putting percentage was Alden Harris, who did so over 9 holes before DNFing at Des Moines.

OldMD is willing to lie to convince people that his non-solution does anything but result in far more frequent 5-9' comeback putts.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
Had I known OMD the liar was going to pollute this thread way back when I would never have started it in the first place. My apologies to DGCR.
You did a good thing.

It provides a place for the mods to throw his garbage when it leaks out elsewhere.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 4
Niced 1,398 Times in 706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWoj View Post
This has not happened a single time this year. This is another example of OldMD being a deceitful con. He knows full well that the green is larger than 10 meters, but he's trying to pass off C1 percentages as the totality of putting anyway. The only player in 2022 on any event tracked by UDiscLive to have a 100% putting percentage was Alden Harris, who did so over 9 holes before DNFing at Des Moines.

OldMD is willing to lie to convince people that his non-solution does anything but result in far more frequent 5-9' comeback putts.
Inside c1x cdick was 78% on day one and 100% on 2, 3, and 4.

It’s why he held off Ricky. I thought it was stellar.

Sorry GMC.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:11 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 192
Niced 1,683 Times in 694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
This bears repeating over and over. If only the rest of us had the fortitude to stay away...
Im following suit. I put the old man and bgc back on the ignore list.