Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 135 Times in 100 Posts

I have been throwing quite a bit lately. The roc, comet, ion bag has been working really well. I want to start working with a driver again to keep in practice and also for longer holes. I lost my leopard so I ordered a number of jls. I ordered a qjls, a qpls, and a sjls, all 165-166. What differences will there be between the different plastics? I heard the qpls are misprint qjls, is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Life has gotten in the way of disc golf for a couple of months, but it has been a good break. I have made it to the course a few times and done some range practice as well. Went out a few days ago with mids (roc, comet) and putters (ion). I was amazed at my improvement. It has been roughly a year since I took up this sport and it seems that all my time and effort has really paid off. Plan to stick with the mids and putters for a while and continue to work on form. Still got some jls to work with, but I think I might try teebirds again, I am really digging dx plastic.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Ok, I have been playing regularly again lately. Absolutely loving the Ion and Roc combination. Both are throwing superbly, distances are definately improved from last year. Plan on sticking with these two molds only for a while. I have been making some fine shots with my Comets too, but the way my Rocs have been throwing lately, I wonder if there are any shots that the Comet can make that I can't do with a Roc. I prefer the Roc mold and DX plastic, so just curious.

I have two 3rd run white Ions and it appears they are close to being sold out. The ones I have are 172.5 g. I really prefer the ones I have to the newer runs. I called Clearwater and they only have 171s and lighter, so I think I am going to buy a pair of 171s before its too late. Anyone know anywhere else that still has these in stock?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Time for another update. Still really enjoying discing down and disc minimalism. The Rocs are absolutely amazing and I will never throw anything else. I really love them in DX, and am thinking of throwing more base plastics, and thus picking up a few more discs.

KC Pro Aviar: I have thrown a friends and they are nice. Would I be better served as far as form and learning with this over the Ion? Certainly the plastic would be less premium. Any other suggestions for a base plastic putter that would help teach me proper form, and also be my putter of the future?

DX Teebird: I love the DX on the Roc so much, and this is a classic mold. I have tried it before, but I may be ready for it now. Would this be a good driver to spend alot of time with? I have also seen Eagles tossed around. I want a controlled driver that will pay dividends for the time I will spend with it.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Also, I have been throwing the S Ions for quite some time and have alot more experience with them than any other putter, do you think it will be worth the switch even if there is another putter?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

I didn't get any feedback here, but I decided to pick up a couple DX Teebirds (166) and KC Pro Aviars (171). Brought out the Teebird I already have on a longer course today and it was working really good, first time I have thrown a driver since I started back up for the year. I am looking forward to working with a putter not in premium plastic. Also all my discs will be helping me develop good form while also being discs that I plan on using in the future. I plan on using these three discs for the rest of the summer.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

So glad I purchased those Teebirds. I decided to give my P-PD a try again. It had some nice shots, but overall, compared to the Teebird, it didn't go any further. I also felt like I had less control with it and I definately prefer the DX to the P. I have thrown a Nuke backhand before and it had an absolute huge curve on it and I felt like I was just throwing it out there and who knew exactly where it would land, even though it had distance. The PD had some throws that felt like that, at least compared to the Teebird.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 76
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i thought eykah badu was playing disc golf for a split second. darn.