Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

Protege Ghosts are where it's at anyway.

It'll be closer to your Hornet than the Wasp, but have you looked at the Millennium Sentinel?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Funny that you mention that, because I asked the question in the sentinel thread about brinster sentinels and most seemed to think it had too much overlap with the hornet.

However, I definitely had a beefy, almost puddle top wasp and I know I have a beefy hornet too. So I don't know how close to each it would be.

I really like the feel of the sentinel, very similar to the comet, and that was going to be my first choice other than a wasp until I asked.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Actually, it's still my first choice and I'm waiting for someone to tell me the people in that thread are wrong.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 51
Niced 217 Times in 142 Posts

I'd go ahead and buy one to try out, because I'd imagine some of that $ will go to Brinster and he's an awesome guy. Besides, there's no better way to figure out if a disc will work than throwing it yourself.

For the slot you want, I throw a Roc3, but I already saw you said no to those; a Bard might work for you. If I remember right, it feels like a Wasp with a deeper rim, if that makes any sense. Then there's also the new Commander(I think?) from Innova, the Justice and Verdict from DD, the Pain and Mace from L64, Prodigy's M1 and M2, MVP's Vector, and so on and so forth

You might also give the Envy a look. I dropped mine for Harp's because it overlapped so much with my Roc3; they'll take power and jump out to powered down mid level distances; they'd probably overlap like mad with your KC Avairs though
Old 02-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 113
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Any suggestions? Not going to throw a roc3 or kc roc or a ghost. I don't like pinn ghosts.
out of curiosity what's the beef with rocs and their copies? i find rocs pair really well with my comet.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Niced 122 Times in 89 Posts

They are kinda OOP (but easily found still) but a star shark has a Comet-esque feel. Shark3 feels a little less like a comet, and is also closer to a Hornet in speed and distance.

Despite what my Sig says, I do usually pair my sharks with a comet still (and occasionally a QMS instead)
Old 02-24-2016, 04:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 163
Niced 1,177 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Actually, it's still my first choice and I'm waiting for someone to tell me the people in that thread are wrong.
Sentinel is the correct answer. I've got a Sentinel and a Comet in my bag.

PM me if you'd like to put your hands on one...

Old 02-29-2016, 09:52 AM
* Ace Member *

I've solved my conundrum and went back to what I should have been using anyway: the wasp. Just a great, great disc. Also surprised myself and on a whim, bought some plastic yesterday to try. Pro katana, epic failure. Light white/pink soft proxy, also didn't like. MEGADOME blue x comet, holy crap. That thing is great. I'll keep it as a backup, but right now I love my z comet. My light 170 wasp came in handy with some in the wind, but it never got hornet windy. Really worked on the shots that were too short to power down the gazelle, but cut the wind much better than my star aviar driver.

Also, snagged a couple doggy style lids. They were the hero of the day, for realz. So I'm making one more adjustment to the bag and calling it good for a while.

Kc aviar for putts.
Star aviar driver for shorter putter drives and windy-ish approaches - I may not even need it with the wasp.

Doggy style, gets short drives, hyzerflips, NAGS shots, approach work. All the finesse stuff, does it much better than the polecat. I can really feel the nose pull around due to the large diameter which helps me SO much on the touch shots.

Wasp
Comet
Hornet - my hornet is another league stability-wise compared to my wasp.

Gazelle - champ, gstar and star for now.

Pd - p line and s line.

Pd2 - c, p and s.

H1