Old 01-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Axiom Crave VS Mvp Volt

I bag both, but it seems like they are pretty same distance?

I have just thrown gyro for 2 months and need some inputs on what you think about Crave vs Volt.

Its seems like Volts is a must have but maybe its just overlap. The simplicity of the bag's certainly preferable Fewer molds. You do not want to have too many molds to choose from.

Which do you prefer?
Which is the longest? Some say that crave are just 20 feet away from the volts.
What is the most stable?
Should i bag both?

Fairway Drivers right now:

Proton Inspire
Neutron Crave
Plasma Amp
Fission Volt
Plasma Volt
Proton Volt
Neutron Shock
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 124 Times in 97 Posts

I prefer volts for open field throws up to 380, craves for line shaping. Craves bomb but I find volts more stable and accurate in the open field. Crave kicked the volt out of my bag (I don't really like carrying many discs, at all) but since I threw my Crave into the drink () I shape lines with my Inspire/Resistor, and use the volt for the go-to shots
Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
I prefer volts for open field throws up to 380, craves for line shaping. Craves bomb but I find volts more stable and accurate in the open field. Crave kicked the volt out of my bag (I don't really like carrying many discs, at all) but since I threw my Crave into the drink () I shape lines with my Inspire/Resistor, and use the volt for the go-to shots
Same here, dont want to carry to many molds. Thats why i want to go with crave instead of volts.

Also have inspire
Old 01-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 124 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHedvin View Post
Same here, dont want to carry to many molds. Thats why i want to go with crave instead of volts.

Also have inspire
Yeah I actually do prefer the crave to the volt... I just really don't like spending a lot of money either
Old 01-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

Crave kicked the Volt out of my bag. For my arm, the Crave is just as long but can do more. It's stable enough for a pretty stiff headwind, yet can still be used as a turnover when needed.

I'm all for simplicity myself. I've dropped down to carrying 2 Craves, 2 Relays, a XXX, Theory, Harp, 2 Envies and 2 Proxies in my big bag. In my small bag I just carry a Crave, Relay, Theory, Harp, Envy.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2017, 07:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 561 Times in 345 Posts

As far as straight drivers go, I kept adding molds I liked as MVP / Axiom released them, to where at one point I bagged Craves, Volts, Wraths, and Photons. Had to dial it back a bit. Dropped Volts and only carried Photons on longer courses, otherwise I stuck with the Crave / Wrath combo, plus US and OS compliments to each. Feels wrong not having Volts in the bag, but my worn Resistor / fresh Crave / Any Wrath handles the straight to fade line with ease, so having a fourth mold covering the same line didn't make sense to me. Craves bomb and Wraths do well enough powered down. So for now the Volt is on the shelf. Holding on to a stack of them in case I bag them again down the road because its an incredible mold. Hell I'm still sitting on some QOLFs

Niced: (1)
Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,409 Times in 725 Posts

What is the distance range you're hoping to cover?
Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bag the one that you like better in the hand

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
As far as straight drivers go, I kept adding molds I liked as MVP / Axiom released them, to where at one point I bagged Craves, Volts, Wraths, and Photons. Had to dial it back a bit. Dropped Volts and only carried Photons on longer courses, otherwise I stuck with the Crave / Wrath combo, plus US and OS compliments to each. Feels wrong not having Volts in the bag, but my worn Resistor / fresh Crave / Any Wrath handles the straight to fade line with ease, so having a fourth mold covering the same line didn't make sense to me. Craves bomb and Wraths do well enough powered down. So for now the Volt is on the shelf. Holding on to a stack of them in case I bag them again down the road because its an incredible mold. Hell I'm still sitting on some QOLFs
This is my idea, to also run Crave / Wrath combo instead and use the INSPIRE as US and resistor Olympics. And will also retain the Shock as a longer OS.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:39 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
What is the distance range you're hoping to cover?
Straight with fade, around 340-380 feet.