Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 125 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap-it View Post
Defy more useful than Nitro, which is major beef.

...must have been some hella flashing.
I have no idea. Threw it at the ground a crap ton as well, that probably helped in beating it in a bit. I heard your rave review and thought that surely I could get mine to that magical point haha
Agree that Nitro is beef. Super hard fade at the end, but surprisingly does offer a hint of turn at full power
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
I have no idea. Threw it at the ground a crap ton as well, that probably helped in beating it in a bit. I heard your rave review and thought that surely I could get mine to that magical point haha
Agree that Nitro is beef. Super hard fade at the end, but surprisingly does offer a hint of turn at full power
Defy is middle ground between Vanish and Thrill. I'm only "raving" about it vs Tesla/Wrath, lol. I have a Nitro but have never thrown a Thrill, that's why the Nitro comparison. My Nitro is almost new, I've only thrown it a few times at a field. Bagged it for headwind drives but haven't used it on a course yet...other options(Wrath).

I've always maxed out at 430', but 3-4 years ago I switched from a 4 finger power grip to a 3 finger, and then eventually to a 2 finger. Since going with the 2 finger(last 2 years), my distance has been slowly draining off, down to about 380'. Finally said the hell with that and just recently went back to 3 finger power grip, and trying to build distance(and timing) back up to prior level. We will see...
Old 01-24-2017, 11:52 AM
Eagle Member

I now have a dilemma on my hands...
Picked up a couple wraiths the other day and I feel they go a bit further than Defy's, but with more lateral movement. But I had some sweet shots this past weekend with the Defy. Had an 864 foot par 5 with water on the right for the first half and OB to the left, the beach was the playable area. Small peninsula maybe ~85 feet out into the water halfway through the hole. Threw a bomb with a R-L headwind over the water and it didn't flip on me and landed on the peninsula. Picked the same disc up and threw it 20 short of the hole, which was completely over water at this point, and sank the putt for an eagle. I love the Wraiths, but this Defy goes almost as far and a whole lot straighter... to those with lighter weight Defy's (mines a 168, looking for like 155-162), how much turn/fade is there once seasoned? Might pick up a lighter weight to compare it vs Wraiths. Would love to stay Gyro with distance drivers as well
Old 01-24-2017, 11:57 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Defy/photon just starts to turn a bit but you will really see the fade difference from heavy to lighter. At 155g you should find it like a seasoned version of a heavy once beat up a little. I pair a seasoned neutron 168g with max wts that works similar as youre looking for just down 10g so should be same/diff.

Proton photon OS
Defy/Neutron photon (flat top) stable to OS
And little lighter of either that have been used for stable sliiiiiightly US.(fission @145 and below photons also fill this roll but prefer heavier max d drivers)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I now have a dilemma on my hands...
Picked up a couple wraiths the other day and I feel they go a bit further than Defy's, but with more lateral movement. But I had some sweet shots this past weekend with the Defy. Had an 864 foot par 5 with water on the right for the first half and OB to the left, the beach was the playable area. Small peninsula maybe ~85 feet out into the water halfway through the hole. Threw a bomb with a R-L headwind over the water and it didn't flip on me and landed on the peninsula. Picked the same disc up and threw it 20 short of the hole, which was completely over water at this point, and sank the putt for an eagle. I love the Wraiths, but this Defy goes almost as far and a whole lot straighter... to those with lighter weight Defy's (mines a 168, looking for like 155-162), how much turn/fade is there once seasoned? Might pick up a lighter weight to compare it vs Wraiths. Would love to stay Gyro with distance drivers as well
Wraith or Wrath?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap-it View Post
Wraith or Wrath?
Wraith, as in Innova. One of the distance drivers I've thrown on and off for a while.
Aim, how much turn/fade do the light ones have when beat to a pulp? Looking for one that will get me a little wiggle, and can bomb
Old 01-24-2017, 12:53 PM
* Ace Member *

AIM's only thrown the Defy twice, might want to ask someone else.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 590 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Wraith, as in Innova. One of the distance drivers I've thrown on and off for a while.
Aim, how much turn/fade do the light ones have when beat to a pulp? Looking for one that will get me a little wiggle, and can bomb
I have noticed more turn/drift with a lighter Defy, but I have one at 174g and one at 168g. Though its only 6 g difference , the lighter one drifted more right, but not by much, so seasoning a mid 160's might be $. Not sure
Old 01-24-2017, 01:38 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,098 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I have noticed more turn/drift with a lighter Defy, but I have one at 174g and one at 168g. Though its only 6 g difference , the lighter one drifted more right, but not by much, so seasoning a mid 160's might be $. Not sure
Yep. Lighter seasoned are bombers. Plus when hyzer flipped im not sure ive thrown a straighter 11+ speed except maybe the sword..

And snapit ive lost more defys with long bombs vs what you even own

Old 01-24-2017, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Yep. Lighter seasoned are bombers. Plus when hyzer flipped im not sure ive thrown a straighter 11+ speed except maybe the sword..

And snapit ive lost more defys with long bombs vs what you even own
lol

...how do you keep losing so many discs?