Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
back to the AV3 though...i love this disc! right now though,im having a little bit of trouble with the dx since its slowly seasoning in and losing stability but gaining glide as well. not a problem really,just had a few shots that distance wasnt gauged correctly.

I'm still having trouble with gauging the glide, especially as my DX beats in. The AV3 still easily beats out all of my previous driving putters, but my Omega SSBB approach disc is back in the bag.

I can't see myself using a Champion or Star plastic approach disc, but do look forward to a regular release of Champion plastic for my drives. The AV3 is my favorite new mold in a long time and is precisely what I was looking for in a driving putter, but hasn't been my jack of all trades
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
back to the AV3 though...i love this disc! right now though,im having a little bit of trouble with the dx since its slowly seasoning in and losing stability but gaining glide as well. not a problem really,just had a few shots that distance wasnt gauged correctly.
I think in future months and years we're going to hear a lot about cycling DX Avair3s. Meanwhile, I'm throwing Star Av3s, and haven't tried a DX Av3 yet. My pink Star Av3 is holding serve with its stability, so far. I look forward to the day of the Champion Aviar3, which should be a godsend of a long-lasting overstable approach disc.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I noticed that, also. It's possible that Innova and Discmania would LIKE for their players to have only their discs in the bag (which explains the Eagle or Simon comment I discussed earlier, and would explain Paul migrating towards an all-Innova bag), but may allow one or two discs of the other brand (Paul with the FD3, Eagle with the Gator, as examples).

And to this point, there has been some talk that the Trilogy companies are going this way. I think Paige Pierce said in a video that she's trying to be all-Dynamic-Discs, though she could probably bag a Lat64 or Westside disc if she needed to. Meanwhile, Ricky Wysocki (sp?) continues to throw Harps along with his Lat64 bag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah511 View Post
pretty sure Ricky throws defenders and enforcers as his main drivers, so i dont see that happening with trilogy anytime soon.
Not to get off topic again but...
A local 980 rated guy in my area (Milwaukee) is sponsored by DD. I've played a few rounds with him recently. Plus I see him at tourneys. He is really good, he actually cashed at the GBO. DD told him it was preferred if he didn't wear any Lat or Westside clothing at tourneys. It's not in his contract, he said it was more of them asking nicely. He said he can throw any trilogy discs he wants. He just chooses to throw all DD, besides his putting putters. He's trying to find a DD putter he likes. He said he thinks a few years down the road they might try to make everyone only throw the main brand they're sponsored by. So he doesn't want to have to change his bag up if/when that happens. DD seems to be hinting at going that route.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 162 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Last, but not least, Paul is going to play the discs that work best for him. If he says the Aviar3 is more comfortable in his hand than the P2 and there's no dropoff in performance, then I take him at his word. Add to it that Paul likes the flat "3" series discs... he's using an Aviar3, Roc3, Mako3, and Teebird3... and it comes as no surprise that he's bagging the Av3.
what you're saying makes sense... but just remember when paul was winning his majors and consecutive championships... he was throwing the PD, P2, firebird and TeeBird.

ricky seems to have finally figured out his bag and the results show.

i don't fault anyone for making new discs work because they're your new signature discs = more money. especially if they're similar. there's no destroyer3 yet! because they gave him that mold.

i got to throw the proto star aviar 3 today in comparison to my star p2.... and i've got to say other than the lower profile they have very similar lines. the P2 has more glide and dump. the star proto Av3 is better for straight shots.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,179 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningDoc View Post
what you're saying makes sense... but just remember when paul was winning his majors and consecutive championships... he was throwing the PD, P2, firebird and TeeBird.

ricky seems to have finally figured out his bag and the results show. .
Oh don't get me wrong: Paul and Ricky are good enough they could take just about any disc and make it work for them.

(Franklin Discs might present a real challenge, though. )
Old 05-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Luster Aviar3's for Master's Cup.
Can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 118
Niced 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
Can anyone confirm this?
Watch the Spin TV Masters Cup vid. They flash one at the beginning.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 226 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
Can anyone confirm this?
they were in the players packs
Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 43 Times in 28 Posts

They are out, saw a couple of them on FB and instagram.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
Niced 73 Times in 51 Posts

Bought a Star AV3 today while at the local shop picking up some Chainsawz and a Champ Shryke. I was impressed and amazed at how stable it was. I usually throw my XT Colt on a flex line for driving, and somewhat expected the AV3 to be only a touch more stable, boy was I wrong. I'm loving it. The mold feels amazing in my hand, I always prefer the putter/mid in betweens for upshots and running longer putts. With my Colt I have a straight to turn over upshot, and now with the AV3 I've got that touch flick and overstable upshot disc that will more than likely take some heat behind it for longer open upsots. I didn't get a chance to throw it much but tomorrow I plan on throwing at my home course, so we'll see how it goes.

Niced: (1)