Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?
Yep! 12 41.38%
No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!! 17 58.62%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2018, 12:20 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 20 Posts
Talking Bot

Hey don’t take it too hard Throwbot. Do Work just doesn’t like BagLane and he thought I was A spy or something like that. I appreciate the props on the review. Let us know how you like the bag you end up with. You know if I was a spy I could tell you but then you know I’d have to....never mind.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-27-2018, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts

Weird. I've purchased five bags from Gorilla Boy (both for myself and as gifts) over the years and haven't experienced anything but good customer service. I don't know him personally, but he has always struck me as solid dude who cares about providing a top-notch product. It's too bad you apparently had a different experience. Hopefully you will try GB again if you ever decide to move on from the BagLane copy.

Niced: (3)
Old 09-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Bogey Member

I wish I had a better experience too. Maybe on down the road I might give ol GB another shot. Dude could have just been having a bad day. Have you seen those Ridge bags from Ridge Roller though? Pretty sick. That might actually be my next purchase.

I see you are a local to my area maybe we will run into each other sometime. I'm in Rockwall, I guess I need to add that to my profile.

Hopefully things will stay dry around here for a few days. Soggy disc golf is not my fave. I'll still play of course, but not my fave. Rock on bro.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 179 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanDeLaNooch View Post
I wish I had a better experience too. Maybe on down the road I might give ol GB another shot. Dude could have just been having a bad day. Have you seen those Ridge bags from Ridge Roller though? Pretty sick. That might actually be my next purchase.

I see you are a local to my area maybe we will run into each other sometime. I'm in Rockwall, I guess I need to add that to my profile.

Hopefully things will stay dry around here for a few days. Soggy disc golf is not my fave. I'll still play of course, but not my fave. Rock on bro.
I own one of the first runs. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:00 PM
Bogey Member

Not to beat a dead horse but I was over on reddit and saw the following. Apparently I’m not the only one the owner was a jerk to. Also looks like he outsourced to China on his own. Thread was about the Simian. Check it out.

I have one. They are big, heavy, and very comfortable. Then when u set it down and sit on it, and u realize it’s all worth it lol. I personally love the bag. There are definitely downfalls, but it’s great, I get compliments all the time. Although I thought the guy who makes them was a total jerk. Bought the bag, the shoulder ripped on its second round, sent it back and he said that he outsourced a few hundred black bags to China. Which really disappointed me because I wanted a hand made bag in America. Felt like false advertising to me. But he did fix it really well and defiantly charged me 30$ shipping, so now the bag was like 260$ and basically made in China... But I love it and will never go back to anything else, so he did something right! I wish I got a navy blue, tan, or brown one, I think I remember him saying he only outsourced the black bags for his promotions. All and all I will buy another one, but I personally had a really frustrating experience. Was hard to wait 2 weeks for it to get fixed after waiting for it to arrive for the same amount of time. But yeah, buy one, u will never to go a regular bag again. It holds me great and I weigh 305 lbs. But they are big, and pretty hot so if ur in the heat maybe not your bag. You won’t have any problems pulling discs out, but the main only holds 12, 2 putters on the sides. And one of the side pockets I keep 4 midranges. So about 18 all together. Plus everything you would need for 2 rounds. If u want to pm me I could send u some pictures.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 810 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
If nothing else, I'm buying a Ridge to sit on. Provided that Octo's are still sold out.
So yeah, I bought another Octo. No Ridge to sit on, but at least the Octothorpe keeps me on my feet and traversing disc golf courses!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,196 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
I have posts in other threads. I have reviews of courses on here since 2012. I just have never been that active on here because some of y’all twist off too easy like now. You sir should get your facts straight before you rant and rave about someone you don’t know. Parking lot of life indeed. I bet you stumble through that lot quite a bit. Why so hatefull?? You’re triggered aren’t you? Sorry I had an opinion different from your own. Like I said maybe you’re right Do Work. Maybe you’re right. Dang it I said I would ignore haters.

You sound like a completely level headed person that never "twists off too easy", like this post.

If you did any research on Gorilla Boy, you would know that his custom colors are made by hand, by him.

It's a one man operation.

He outsourced for a couple hundred bags so he could have some ready to sell, due to his lead time on the custom jobs.

But whatever, come in here without knowing how his business works and spread your joy in purchasing a knock off.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:50 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 756 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse but I was over on reddit and saw the following. Apparently I’m not the only one the owner was a jerk to. Also looks like he outsourced to China on his own. Thread was about the Simian. Check it out.

I have one. They are big, heavy, and very comfortable. Then when u set it down and sit on it, and u realize it’s all worth it lol. I personally love the bag. There are definitely downfalls, but it’s great, I get compliments all the time. Although I thought the guy who makes them was a total jerk. Bought the bag, the shoulder ripped on its second round, sent it back and he said that he outsourced a few hundred black bags to China. Which really disappointed me because I wanted a hand made bag in America. Felt like false advertising to me. But he did fix it really well and defiantly charged me 30$ shipping, so now the bag was like 260$ and basically made in China... But I love it and will never go back to anything else, so he did something right! I wish I got a navy blue, tan, or brown one, I think I remember him saying he only outsourced the black bags for his promotions. All and all I will buy another one, but I personally had a really frustrating experience. Was hard to wait 2 weeks for it to get fixed after waiting for it to arrive for the same amount of time. But yeah, buy one, u will never to go a regular bag again. It holds me great and I weigh 305 lbs. But they are big, and pretty hot so if ur in the heat maybe not your bag. You won’t have any problems pulling discs out, but the main only holds 12, 2 putters on the sides. And one of the side pockets I keep 4 midranges. So about 18 all together. Plus everything you would need for 2 rounds. If u want to pm me I could send u some pictures.

However the Bagalane Knock off was made before Gorilla Boy Simian was ever outsourced in 2017, I saw the knock off on Amazon in 2016 when all of the Simian models and colors were still made in the USA. This means that a bag was sent to the place that the Bagalane Chinese factories make its knock off purses and handbags by a person who in turn most likely got a free bag or 2, one for if the original bag was a friends. Rumor is from other threads on the Bagalane knockoff is the guy who did the help in getting knockoffs to be produced was from a Las Vegas Disc Golf Club. The Price of the knockoff is not low enough for me to try it.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
No. Buy from a company that didn’t rip off the hard work of another. Thread.
Unfortunately The Bagalane Pro Fusion was copied long before Gorilla Boy had the black model made in china.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.
I thought the company stopped making that bag? It was not available for a long period.