Old 10-19-2018, 02:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 140 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Do firebirds turn? Ever? IDK as I am an FD3 thrower. But I like firebirds.
Lol yes, any disc will turn thrown fast enough. But yes I currently have firebirds that turn with enough power. And they are star and champion, not dx
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 103 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
Lol yes, any disc will turn thrown fast enough. But yes I currently have firebirds that turn with enough power. And they are star and champion, not dx
Not saying Im completely doubting you, but I would need to see a video of you throwing this and a photo of the discs, to completely believe it. You could be Wiggins and Id still have to see it to believe it.

Im sure firebirds can turn over. But Im consistent over 400 with Thunderbirds and I cant get a Champ Firebird that was hit by a riding mower to flip over yet.

Not completely doubting, I would have to see the discs and them being thrown. Otherwise, very impressive.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 74
Niced 140 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydex View Post
Not saying Im completely doubting you, but I would need to see a video of you throwing this and a photo of the discs, to completely believe it. You could be Wiggins and Id still have to see it to believe it.

Im sure firebirds can turn over. But Im consistent over 400 with Thunderbirds and I cant get a Champ Firebird that was hit by a riding mower to flip over yet.

Not completely doubting, I would have to see the discs and them being thrown. Otherwise, very impressive.
sure will do next time I play
Old 10-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

I had a DX one that throws like a Valk gave it to more noodle armed friend to try and he lost it.

I had this idea that if I got the OS disc I like in every slot in different plastic I could cut down to 4 molds. Didn’t really work, Giant and Firebird kind of did, but putting with a Harp was not perfect and the Origio Bards start so much more OS that you have to play with them a full season to get much turn.

Kind of wonder if I should go try to find some new DX that are OS for the rainy season or if my g* is good enough.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 560 Times in 323 Posts

Anyone thrown the new flat pearly engraved Firebirds that have come out recently? If so, how do they compare to the 2011/2012 FAF run?
Old 11-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 40
Niced 179 Times in 108 Posts

I'm still interested in seeing that video of the guy claiming to turn over a champ Firebird. Not even my 5/10 11x FBs have any shred of turn in them.

I can see star and obviously DX doing that, but not champ. I have a 161 star that flips up to flat and will turn into a headwind if thrown hard, but I have never seen a champ do that.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-26-2018, 11:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 692 Times in 545 Posts

Quote:

The only FB I've thrown lately that had any turn was a '18 Nate Sexton glow. It actually would bend right just a tiny bit on hard rips.

I've since thrown a few other random champions and a glow champion. None of those showed the slightest inclination to turn. In fact, they pretty much went left the whole time. I can also go 400'ish with a Thunderbird.

FBs are WAAAAYYYYY beefier than any Thunderbird I've thrown.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 47
Niced 13 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:

Havent played with Tyler in awhile but he throws hard and correctly.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 330 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhayes7 View Post
Anyone thrown the new flat pearly engraved Firebirds that have come out recently? If so, how do they compare to the 2011/2012 FAF run?
Ive bought a handful of the new flat ones, and they are great. I have no reason to want any, I told myself I was happy with the dozen or so FAFs from 2012, as they will never wear out. As long as Im careful, I couldnt possibly go though them. But the new ones are dope too, they have the same flight, while being easier on the hand. Maybe not quite as good for forehand rollers, but that was a pretty high bar.

Old 11-27-2018, 02:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 726 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:

I'm a noodle arm (~330' max), and I've actually flipped over a Firebird. Granted, it was a 151g DX that had previously had a nasty run-in with a parking lot, but it actually flipped. The plastic on that thing was as soft as candle wax.