Old 05-09-2019, 05:08 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 31
Niced 348 Times in 130 Posts

Still have my Phenix quads on my Gorilla Boy Kong that I bought over a decade ago. Don't see myself switching it up anytime soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2019, 02:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 138 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
Has anyone tried the Voodoo straps? $10 is almost to cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I’m curious as well. My Phenix Quads bit the dust this weekend, and $10 seems too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
^ $10 is good, but they also want $10 shipping. Now it's $20 and I have to stop and think about it.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
Thats when I say, “So that means I can get a backup Karma for $39, free shipping...” I usually break off at the blue or purple decision. Or buy 2, IDK.
Have voodoo straps, phenix, dga, brownbelt, dynamic straps (wide and thin, used fade, and Innova straps.

Most comfortable: Voodoo- the way the cushioning makes it the most comfortable, although doesn't have the most padding, so if you use the one shoulder sling method it can get squished on the one shoulder.

Most durable: Phenix, but you can't get them anymore. Second up would be a tie between the dynamic wide straps and the voodoo.

Cushioning durability: Dynamic Wide straps- least likely to have padding bunch up

Best hardware: Phenix, then tie for all but the Innova and fade. Hardware clip snapped on each. Could just be a fluke but...

Straps that dig into the shoulders the most: Innova, Fade, Dynamic thin. Phenix straps come in behind them.

Best straps for larger people: Dynamic Wide straps

Best straps for girls: Voodoo (my has tested them all too and this her preference.

Springy-est or straps for those who like low riding bags: Brownbelt, then DGA, followed by Phenix. (Phenix is springy, but doesn't sit as low)

Best for a long day: Voodoo and Dynamic for a traditional feel, DGA or Brownbelt for springy feel.

Coolest feature: Fade with the rainfly, only straps with a truly unique feature

Best gel straps: Brownbelt

If I think of any other helpful information I'll post later.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 146
Niced 389 Times in 171 Posts

I splurged and bought an Upper Park Rebel last year. I still use my DisCarrier and quads, and even my old Fade Crunch with the quads more often than I do the Rebel.

It's no knock on the Rebel, it's a really nice, well built bag. I just like the wide open top and the various pockets better on the DisCarrier.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Matter of fact, my 8+ year old Phenix quads are starting to fall apart. What's everyone using nowadays since Phenix is OOB?
Old 05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 223 Times in 127 Posts

Only quads I've tried are the DGA Gel Straps, maybe others are better. I always had issues with the bag bouncing off my lower back when I walked to the point it was uncomfortable. Maybe this was an issue where I didn't have them adjusted properly but I've never had that issue with a backpack style bag. It seems like the weight is distributed more evenly.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:52 PM

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 21
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Still rocking some Phenix quad straps...prefer quads to backpack style.
I bought an A-frame Grip a few years ago...was not comfortable to carry. Went back to my Mojo with Quad-Shocks, haven't looked back!

Niced: (1)
Old 05-12-2019, 12:40 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 760 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
Matter of fact, my 8+ year old Phenix quads are starting to fall apart. What's everyone using nowadays since Phenix is OOB?
Well the ones I see people use are the Gel straps from DGA, an uncle had that for his Innova Competition bag and before that he used the straps with a DGA Elite Shield before a fire at his house. Now that uncle has the Innova Deluxe with a single strap. I have seen another person use with a fishing bag that has 2 spots for drinks on it yes he uses a fishing bag as it is bigger then a Innova deluxe/Discraft Tournament bag but smaller then or lighter then a Innova Competition with Innova straps on the bag, the bag has spots to hook on quad straps but uses Innova Quad Straps from his Innova Competition bag that is now where he keeps spare discs of molds he uses in his bag. Others I see using the Straps from Dynamic Discs though they are only trying to support the brand closest to where I live, using that brands stuff.

Do not get the Infinite brand as they are a bit small for larger people and have to be be worked in a bit to fit larger people.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,446 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentCrook View Post
I splurged and bought an Upper Park Rebel last year. I still use my DisCarrier and quads, and even my old Fade Crunch with the quads more often than I do the Rebel.

It's no knock on the Rebel, it's a really nice, well built bag. I just like the wide open top and the various pockets better on the DisCarrier.
Odd. The lack of a wide-open top was one of my main annoyances when I tried a backpack. I figured it was peculiar to me.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,202 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Odd. The lack of a wide-open top was one of my main annoyances when I tried a backpack. I figured it was peculiar to me.
I prefer this too...it's why my main bag is a FADE Crunch. I use a UPD Shift for tournaments but definitely prefer the top opening of the old school bags.

Old 05-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

The UPD Rebel is probably the most accessable as far as backpack bags go, but it's still not as open as the good ol' boxy tourney bags.

I carry 12-16 usually. At that number the Rebel is kind of overkill.

Last edited by InnocentCrook; 05-14-2019 at 11:06 AM.