Old 11-30-2018, 05:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 138 Times in 88 Posts

So I am beginning to figure out what my preferences are with some discs.

Punishers- Like them best in ZFlex, Z is solid but more of headwind compliment to the ZFlex, ESP probably has the best distance potential but damages too quickly.

Vulture- Big Z is my favorite, like pairing with a regular predator for beef, ESP got real straight real quick. Haven't tried Ti

Cranks- ZFlex for big panning annys, ESP for slight turn max D, BigZ is similar to ZFlex but seems a little more touchy, Regular Z is kind of garbage not a lot of glide and had to throw it hard.

Comets- Z all the way, unless they come out with a ZFlex. ESP really is placeholder in the winter or very quick annys.

Buzzz- meh, Z just because they are pretty utilitarian

Wasps- Flat Z is always the best for all around use, Old ESP for slightly flippy but still fade or panning annys, New ESP for beef, Jawbreaker for old ESP replacements, Cryztal for the wall

Scale- Whatever the heck this g* type plastic is, it is the best for approaches and drives, Fossil is great for jump putts.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Default Oh No! I created overlap...

So I have been throwing well lately, and I have really seen what my bag looks like at full power and consistent throws off the box. This has created a problem. I have a weird overlap between the Punishers (speed 12) and the Vultures (speed 9). The Vultures are so long that they are only being beat by the Punishers on sheer distance drives.

My Bag spectrum now looks like this:

Most OS to Most US

Predator/Tsunami (9)->Punisher (12)->Vulture (9)->Cranks (12)

I think I could get rid of the Punishers, but then on big D, where I want the stability the crank doesn't have the Vulture doesn't quite get the job done. But if I get rid of the Vultures the Punisher doesn't power down well enough. First world problems...
Old 02-05-2019, 04:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,365 Times in 794 Posts

Paul talked about the Glow CRANK beeing the most stable CRANK in his "building the bag" . .maybe find one of those?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

So I'm trying to set my bags for the upcoming tournament season.

Distance Drivers: (No change)
Punishers- Straight with slight fade or Big S-Curves
Cranks- Hyzer-flips, Long Annys, Rollers, and FH

Control Drivers: (Slight Change)
Tsunamis- Straight to hard fade, headwinds, spikes, sky-flex shots
Vulture- hyzer-flips, panning annys, flare hyzers, and FH

Mids:
Comets- Comety things
Buzzz- Straight with no fade, turnovers, and FH
Wasps- Hyzers, flex shots, panning annys

Putters:
Wizards- Putting, panning annys, and FH
Scale- Driving putter, roller, annys that bail and sit

What I have come to realize with the Vulture is that it is more of Discraft's version of a longer Eagle than a PD. It likes lateral movement, which can get you into trouble if you are not careful. The Tsunami doesn't have that problem. I'm going to try and begin cycling the tsunami's again while leaving the vulture to fill the stable to understable roll in the bag.

Also, bought a PDx. Really like that disc. I am probably going to figure out how to add into the bag, but need to stock up first. Nothing worse than finding a disc you like, only having one of them, then promptly losing it.

As always thoughts are appreciated.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Been a while since I did a bag update. The summer season hasn't been great. In particular my stable to slightly over stable driver section.

The vultures weren't straight enough and were getting too much turn. Went back to alphas and teebirds for a while. The alphas didnt fade enough and the teebirds were long enough to keep in the bag. (Wasps push 325'+, but to get the teebirds to 400' really hurt my arm. Easier to do with cranks, not as reliable for control, but how often do I need 400' control shots.) Picked up a couple of anax and I have been very happy. No real fairways any more, but control and distance.

Also, trying the stego and zone against the scale just to see which the better OS approach disc. Scale is most workable, but not great for FH. Zone is great FH but cant seem to range it BH. Stego is crazy weird. Best sut and stay of the three, but definitely need more time to figure it out.

Core staples
Punishers- big S turns with fade
Cranks- hyzer flips and long panning annys, have undertows in until I get more blue cranks
Comets- straight comet shots
Buzzz- straight with speed
Wasps- main mid
Wizard- putting

Juju
Tsunami
Punisher
Undertow
Comet
Buzzz
Wasp
Wizard
Scale

Black mojo
Anax
Anax
Punisher
Undertow
Comet
Buzzz
Wasp
Wasp
Wizard
Stego

Red moko
Punisher
Anax
Vulture
Crank
Comet
Buzzz
Wasp
Wasp
Wizard
Zone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190908_154340.jpg (153.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20190908_155542.jpg (152.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20190908_155042.jpg (151.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Niced 293 Times in 192 Posts

Stego is in a whole different class. I pretty much only use mine for trick shots or weird lines. It does things no other disc will do. Got no room for a backhand hyzer? just throw it on a big anny flick and it acts the same.

I carry a Stego for weird shots and then a Breaker (zoneish) for normal overstable putter work.
Stego is sneaky good for actual putting in the wind.

Niced: (2)

Old 09-09-2019, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Stego is in a whole different class. I pretty much only use mine for trick shots or weird lines. It does things no other disc will do. Got no room for a backhand hyzer? just throw it on a big anny flick and it acts the same.

I carry a Stego for weird shots and then a Breaker (zoneish) for normal overstable putter work.
Stego is sneaky good for actual putting in the wind.
Good to know, bc I've been trying to throw it on similar spike hyzer lines as the scale and zones, but it just dies. No movement, just up and down. Very cool, but I havent figured out how to use it best yet.

I like the advice about the FH. Anything that helps my FH is good. Appreciate it.