Old 09-13-2019, 04:24 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 135
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,475 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjudd View Post
It has a bead and I was under the impression that star Gremlins were beadless.
If you have the book of faces, look up Ray Parrish (Vegan Ray). He's probably on other social media as well but we have mutual friends and I see him post on facebook from time to time so I know he is on there. Vegan Ray has forgotten more about Gremlins than the rest of this site combined ever knew about Gremlins. If you can get him to respond, he is going to know what you have.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 09-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 73 Times in 57 Posts

What others have probably already said about the Beadless CFR s line gremlins, and I have every chance I get when a GM / Gremlin thread pops up. They rule, and they should really get another run of them made up to send out into the world, or Hyzer Bomb or Infinite discs can grab on to the mold and present it as a new midrange. CFR beadless are pretty flat. and it's like the Innova star plastic from the pre-number era. The beaded I have is a bit more overstable, and is a different star plastic that is slightly translucent and a bit harder than the beadless star plastic which is opaque and from what I have come up with only available in white.
The beaded is slightly more overstable than the beadless, and really seems like a gator bottom got mixed up with a Discmania anhyzer top. The beadless is stable to slightly over. Both love being thrown hard, and will go pretty far and they also can be used to putt with.
What you have is an s-line.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
THIS IS THE THIRD THREAD YOU POSTED THIS IN (that ive found)
Can't get anything past you. #trollingonpoint

Niced: (1)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:14 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
THIS IS THE THIRD THREAD YOU POSTED THIS IN (that ive found)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynorwegian View Post
What others have probably already said about the Beadless CFR s line gremlins, and I have every chance I get when a GM / Gremlin thread pops up. They rule, and they should really get another run of them made up to send out into the world, or Hyzer Bomb or Infinite discs can grab on to the mold and present it as a new midrange. CFR beadless are pretty flat. and it's like the Innova star plastic from the pre-number era. The beaded I have is a bit more overstable, and is a different star plastic that is slightly translucent and a bit harder than the beadless star plastic which is opaque and from what I have come up with only available in white.
The beaded is slightly more overstable than the beadless, and really seems like a gator bottom got mixed up with a Discmania anhyzer top. The beadless is stable to slightly over. Both love being thrown hard, and will go pretty far and they also can be used to putt with.
What you have is an s-line.
Did the old star Plastic come out with zipper tops because mine has a zipper top. I think whoever penned the nipple with the abbreviation and weight was unsure if it is star or champion blend. You wouldn't be able to see your hand behind star Plastic
Old 09-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,180 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Did the old star Plastic come out with zipper tops because mine has a zipper top. I think whoever penned the nipple with the abbreviation and weight was unsure if it is star or champion blend. You wouldn't be able to see your hand behind star Plastic
Zipper tops are discs made in a brand new physical mold that hasn't worn in yet. 'Old' or 'new' Star discs can have zipper tops.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:40 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 73 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
No. But, there must've been something in, or during the process of the mold that occurred because there are some random lines impressed in and around the edge of the top.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

It is an S Line GM....Greater Mid Range....or Gremlin it is from about 2008 and they were all a champy star blend but labeled S GM.....they sold poorly and were later discontinued

Old 09-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

https://images.app.goo.gl/fZ1sDJqywa6p5Hje7