Old 10-28-2016, 03:07 AM

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcnelly View Post
How does this disc compare to the Long Bowman? I am hoping for a longer version.
Yeah I just ordered one a few days ago for this reason. Should be here tomorrow... fingers crossed!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2016, 03:34 AM

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts

Now that Ive had my tournament Boatman for a couple weeks, I'll say I like it quite a bit. It's definitely longer and a bit glidier than the Longbowman. I get really nice flex shot FHs with it. Not quite as much skip as the Longbowman, and it finishes straighter too. Great disc to FH.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 688 Times in 543 Posts
Default Boatman

Threw a Boatman for the 1st time today. Brought it with me to the course to give it a look. Pretty nice, mellow driver. It has a somewhat slow flight for a speed 11. Distance is there. I'd compare the Boatman to a well beat Wraith (not as much hard late fade as a new Wraith). It has a bit of high speed turn and glides well. Very workable disc. It'll hold basically whatever line you put it on. Pretty gentle late fade. Not the sharp, dumpy fade some Wraiths have.

I don't really have a spot in the bag for it, but I found it useful the few times I tossed it.

Boatman: 11, 5, -1, 2. This disc was actually fairly close to the numbers Westside assigned to it. I think it has a bit of high speed turn (they didn't give it any).
Old 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 525 Times in 336 Posts

Tried a VIP Boatman last weekend, very nice. Tons of glide, quite stable for BH and FH.

There are some unique physical differences that seem to set this one apart - one, the thing is very deep for a driver. Also, the diameter is noticeably wider than your typical thunderbird etc, with a max weight approaching that of a Roc or Buzzz.

Seems like a winner to me and has gone directly in the bag as a glidey, controllable stable hybrid driver. Very happy to have it, as I have not clicked with any other speed 10+ stable driver. Boatman? More like DOPE, MAN!

Slightly concerned it may be on the chopping block for when Westside makes their announcement.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 257 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Tried a VIP Boatman last weekend, very nice. Tons of glide, quite stable for BH and FH.

There are some unique physical differences that seem to set this one apart - one, the thing is very deep for a driver. Also, the diameter is noticeably wider than your typical thunderbird etc, with a max weight approaching that of a Roc or Buzzz.

Seems like a winner to me and has gone directly in the bag as a glidey, controllable stable hybrid driver. Very happy to have it, as I have not clicked with any other speed 10+ stable driver. Boatman? More like DOPE, MAN!

Slightly concerned it may be on the chopping block for when Westside makes their announcement.
I don't know a lot of folks who regularly throw Westside, but 2 that I do throw the Boatman. However, it is somewhat similar to discs like Riot and Blitz that got axed.

Over mold should refer to the excessive number of molds on the market.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:46 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,023 Times in 668 Posts

I actually really like the Boatman. I don’t bag that class of discs often usually skipping straight from a Stag to a Giant or War Horse but I really liked the amount of control you get for as long as it goes.

If the Stag didn’t go so darn far for me I’d probably give it a shot in the bag.

Old 10-22-2019, 04:49 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 413
Niced 64 Times in 42 Posts

Boatman is a great disc. I always bag one. My main driver is the Northman though and I throw lots of flex shots which northman excels at. As others have said swords are great too. I've just started throwing them and I'm very happy with them so far too. But I don't see myself not bagging a boatman anytime soon.