Old 10-31-2014, 09:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,243 Times in 1,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
except not all zones are the same, comets, nukes, buzzes etc. DC is fine but not nearly as great as seems to be touted on this site. I threw them first starting out playing disc golf really and you will find differences like innova really. Opaque to clear discs make a big difference as well as dome convave/flat tops vs domey runs of many different discs from forces to comets. Given their production amount they are better than innova but IMO the standards for disc golf manufacturing in general compared to other injection molding plastics companies in other industries is laughable.
I did say PRETTY similar. I feel like there's a certain neighborhood that their discs at least live in. Comets are going to be straight discs. Z's might have some fade and less turn initially but are in the straightish area. With Innova, there is no reason I should throw a RR that is Teebird stability.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2014, 09:36 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,099 Times in 740 Posts

all of those discs by design should mold up similar. High speed drivers are the biggest test though. I forgot about predators which also range like FB's.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:38 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,099 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I did say PRETTY similar. I feel like there's a certain neighborhood that their discs at least live in. Comets are going to be straight discs. Z's might have some fade and less turn initially but are in the straightish area. With Innova, there is no reason I should throw a RR that is Teebird stability.
Definitely hear you. I was just surprised to hear some of the variance in very popular discs like the zone. Nukes always have been iffy and it seems you can follow a pretty specific rule with DC where one plastic flies more or less stable vs another. Not hating at all here just discussing.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 218
Niced 1,908 Times in 1,103 Posts

Quote:
or sidewinders that fly like pds. haha. that is the worst ive had.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Definitely hear you. I was just surprised to hear some of the variance in very popular discs like the zone. Nukes always have been iffy and it seems you can follow a pretty specific rule with DC where one plastic flies more or less stable vs another. Not hating at all here just discussing.
O no, I hear you. At least they keep the differences pretty much plastic to plastic. I have 3 X Comets. 2 haven't been used much and are from different eras, one older and one newer and they fly identically. The third is seasoned understable.

Zone wise. At least they are all overstable haha
Old 10-31-2014, 09:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
or sidewinders that fly like pds. haha. that is the worst ive had.
The new Stars with plus rims are pure hogs man.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
aint no hate, cept thrown in innovas way but yes i still bag a decent amount of innova.

anyways from what i heard from a shop owner about the nuke. it started off how the crank is now. then the nuke ss came out. they needed to make the nuke more stable to set more differences in flight so they tweaked the mold. then the nuke os came out and the tweaked nuke was too close to that. so tweaked again. now it goes nuke os-nuke-crank-nuke ss

Quote:
The new Stars with plus rims are pure hogs man.
god dammit now the new stars have plus rims? i ran into a lot of champ plus rims a while back.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
aint no hate, cept thrown in innovas way but yes i still bag a decent amount of innova.

anyways from what i heard from a shop owner about the nuke. it started off how the crank is now. then the nuke ss came out. they needed to make the nuke more stable to set more differences in flight so they tweaked the mold. then the nuke os came out and the tweaked nuke was too close to that. so tweaked again. now it goes nuke os-nuke-crank-nuke ss

god dammit now the new stars have plus rims? i ran into a lot of champ plus rims a while back.
Yeah I had ordered a fresh SW to test out and start seasoning and it had a plus rim. Hopefully a rarity but it was definitely a plus.

That beefy RR however was not a plus. I got a Gstar and it flew exactly right.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

my gstarrr sw have been in between a regular seasoned star and a dx sw. tons of lateral movement but not too wild where its unpredictable

Old 10-31-2014, 09:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah the SW and RR were actually in their ballpark in terms of ratings in Gstar. The Valk however....