Old 10-21-2019, 01:23 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 760 Times in 651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Straight, stable & comfortable to grip. I can get surgical in the woods with a heavy Z Stalker. I'd be lost if I didn't have it for standstill FH's.

The Wraith is the only other mold that I use equally FH & BH. Most everything else is dominant one way or the other.

Still confused why I don't see more Discraft sponsored pros using it.
I think I can tell you why more Discraft sponsored pro's do not use a Stalker. The Stalker has a feel like a midrange combined with a fairway driver type rim, something that might feel off to them unless the disc is a speed 5 or 6 fairway driver that is more midrange like. Also more of the Discraft sponsored pro players tend to skip most of the fairway discs unless they use a between midrange and fairway disc the speed 5 and 6 fairway disc or the Mantis and Sting. This is due to the limited amount of OS and neutral Fairway disc molds found in a more durable plastic then Pro D. About the only OS to neutral discs not in only Pro D are a Mantis, Stalker, Sting, and odd rim Express that even casual players rarely use. The rest are often too US for a Pro to use for a normal driver though some Discraft sponsored pro players use an Archer as a backhand/forehand roller.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2019, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,113 Times in 563 Posts

Has anyone thrown the new Ti Challengers? If so, how are they as throwers? I'd prefer to just have 1 putter mold, but the MF4 glow Steady has a nice slightly overstable flight with some finish, so if the new Ti Challys are similar I'd strongly consider condensing.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,030 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Straight, stable & comfortable to grip. I can get surgical in the woods with a heavy Z Stalker. I'd be lost if I didn't have it for standstill FH's. ...
Still confused why I don't see more DC pros using it.
Yeah, I think it's just Hailey and Hannum that used them this year. In the past, Paige, of course had her signature disc, and Turner used to bag one.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 230 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Has anyone thrown the new Ti Challengers? If so, how are they as throwers? I'd prefer to just have 1 putter mold, but the MF4 glow Steady has a nice slightly overstable flight with some finish, so if the new Ti Challys are similar I'd strongly consider condensing.
This probably doesn’t help much, I got a lightweight 166g Ti chally in a misprint box. Threw it a couple times and probably due to lighter weight it was slightly more understable compared to a fresh max weight pro d.

Nice grip and handles flat / slight hyzer throws well though. I’m sure a max weight would be neutral / stable in flight.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 71
Niced 268 Times in 157 Posts

I always thought it was weird that the majority of premium plastic challengers came out more understable than base plastics.
I remember getting a 174g ESP challenger to compliment my putters as an OS version. Nope. Very flippy out the box. Not sure why??

Old 10-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,030 Times in 574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I always thought it was weird that the majority of premium plastic challengers came out more understable than base plastics.
I remember getting a 174g ESP challenger to compliment my putters as an OS version. Nope. Very flippy out the box. Not sure why??
It's gotta be something about flightplate-to-rim weight ratio, because there wasn't any PLH or concavity differences. When I used to bag them, the ZFLX was crazy understable. Had to drive with D and Jawbreaker.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,113 Times in 563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
The really old cryztal challengers I had (like pre 2010) were fairly overstable for a challenger.

The only one from this decade I've thrown that flies similar (so far) is the old Ti chally with the ghost bar stamp I currently carry. For all intents and purposes, the MF4 Glow Steady is what I really want out of a slightly overstable throwing putter. Only the ESP banger GT comes close. Just trying to satisfy my inner mold minimalist by finding that slightly overstable challenger in premium plastic to throw.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Yeah, I think it's just Hailey and Hannum that used them this year. In the past, Paige, of course had her signature disc, and Turner used to bag one.
Hailey was killing it with her Stalker at GMC. I saw the stamp on it after a few holes and freaked. I couldn't believe a pro actually bagged a sneaky great mold.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 200
Niced 1,897 Times in 1,098 Posts

even tho pp name was on the ti stalker i dont even remember her throwin it that much

Old 10-24-2019, 01:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Niced 425 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
even tho pp name was on the ti stalker i dont even remember her throwin it that much
I don't throw mine much, but when I do, no other disc would do. I wish I had more so I would have more confidence in having a backup, so I'd be more willing to throw it in more situations.