Old 07-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 130
Niced 109 Times in 44 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
IMHO, Prodigy 350 is the ... you can google it and read up on it.

Um, google brought me here as it usually does when disc golf geeks start posting about specific discs . . . .

The question about the 350 plastic in a midrange is will it be over stable when I start throwing it and "slowly" beat in to a flippy midrange. . .. . . . ?

The problem with this discussion on a discussion board is what "slowly" means. Here's what I hope:

5 mos.-ish ago I bought an unthrown twelve-year-old X-Wasp on ebay to see if it was as great as X-Wasps were twelve
years ago when I was younger and fell in love with them. It (the X-Wasp) is.

What this means is, over the last 5 mos. it's slowing getting more and more understable.

About 10-12 mos. from now I'll need to start beating in another one. It would be great if the Prodigy 350 plastic is Discraft's "x"-like. If it's Innova's "DX"-like, that's OK, it's just not nearly as useful to me.

Sorry if this was too long-winded for the non-geeky among us . .. . . I'll buy a few (5) of these. Kevin Jones seems like an impressive young player/man and I hope he wins the next tournament he plays.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by paulw; 07-11-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Looking for a backup for a puddle top proto M4, any help will be appreciated...
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceALot View Post
Looking for a backup for a puddle top proto M4, any help will be appreciated...

Buy 10 puddle top proto m4's. (is it literal Thursday?)

Niced: (1)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,180 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
The question about the 350 plastic in a midrange is will it be over stable when I start throwing it and "slowly" beat in to a flippy midrange. . .. . . . ?
I haven't seasoned in any discs in 350 plastic (I might try to with the M4 one day), but from what I'm reading, it should meet your criteria pretty well.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:22 AM

Niced 25 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I haven't seasoned in any discs in 350 plastic (I might try to with the M4 one day), but from what I'm reading, it should meet your criteria pretty well.
Hopefully they make it in that plastic cause its a go to mid for me and I would buy wayyyyyyy too many of them. You hear me Prodigy? Make 350g M4s and all my money is yours!

But in all seriousness, the 350g beats up very slowly. Think KC Pro plastic durability. I've been seasoning a 350g M2 for about a year now, but I'm not throwing the disc all over to beat it up. I'd say it's roughly a M3 right now.

A side note on 350g plastic is that it can get a little lumpy from tree hits. However, you have to crack something hard and fast to make this happen. Nothing close to 300 plastic, but still some don't care for the lovely lady humps on their discs.

From the Prodigy MX3 video with KJUSA, he says it's similar to a M2, but with more glide and, of course, a bead.

Also, the M series is no bead. The MX series is beaded. That means if you want a Roc-like disc, the MX3 should be your choice.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

Thanks for the info -- if it's "KC pro-ish" that's good, except Discraft's x-plastic out "sweet-spots" KC pro by about twice.

I ordered five of them so when Prodigy gets them made I'll find out if it's the unicorn I've lost and have been trying to get back for years.

First Prodigy discs I've tried.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,075 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post

About 10-12 mos. from now I'll need to start beating in another one. It would be great if the Prodigy 350 plastic is Discraft's "x"-like. If it's Innova's "DX"-like, that's OK, it's just not nearly as useful to me.

Sorry if this was too long-winded for the non-geeky among us . .. . . I'll buy a few (5) of these. Kevin Jones seems like an impressive young player/man and I hope he wins the next tournament he plays.
350g is most similar in my opinion to 10x KC plastic.

Hard not to root for Kevin.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
350g is most similar in my opinion to 10x KC plastic.

Hard not to root for Kevin.
Thanks Mr. Biscoe -- means alot coming from you. (Now had you said 8x or 9x . . . then we're talking!! Sigh .. . those were discs. Do I sound old? )
Old 07-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Eagle Member

All right . . .. they're on the way.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:19 PM
Eagle Member

Got these in yesterday and got out to throw them today.

If you don't want to read back I bought the 350 plastic version of these hoping they can match discraft's x-plastic as far as "beat-in-ability". An x-wasp is a special disc that starts over-stable and then beats into a sweet straight disc and keeps this perfectness for a long time allowing the next x-wasp to begin the journey to perfection but I digress . . . sigh.

I took out 2 brand new kc rocs and 2 m-x-3's and threw them all a good 12-13 times on the course in various situations each just for comparisons sake.

I conclude that there's no way to tell the difference in feel or flight. I realize that Prodigy wonks may post how much better the m-x-3 is while the innova wonks may post the same about the kc rocs but I couldn't tell them apart. Well-done Prodigy. Discraft's wasp is the only other roc knock-off that I feel mimics the roc exactly. (go ahead and post the millimeter differences from the pdga approval spec's . . . . I don't care, I can't tell any of the three discs apart.)

Back to the M-X-3's . . . . an added bonus is I got all white ones and Prodigy's white is just like Gateway's pure white -- really really white and this is a plus. Really jumps out at you when you're looking for it in the grass/bushes. I don't do snow so this a good color for me. The stamp's cool while typical Prodigy blandness, it does work, especially the black. The rainbow ones are meh -- just not as "contrasty" and I realize that's just a personal preference.

Again -- this is Prodigy's KC roc -- Biscoe above posted that the 350 plastic is 10x type plastic and that's what they feel/fly like. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- I've thrown KC rocs through the years with great success just not as much success/fun as the x-wasps. There are x-comets and x-buzzz's aplenty . . . why no x-wasps . . . . ?

Hopefully, in 6mos or so I get back on here and post about how great the 350 plastic is performing and I've found a new friend. That will be right after I've secured a life-time supply of them . . .. fool me once, etc.

Niced: (3)