Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Wizard of Plastic Land

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

Anyone who's thrown one that could compare it to an Element? I was thinking of picking up an S Element to replace my beat to hell roc, but if the M4 flies similarly I'd give it a shot on plastic feel alone.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
They don't with the current M3. I heard the Proto M3 is being retooled to be a M2 due to it being more overstable than they wanted. Could just be rumors though but it definitely doesn't overlap in its current form.

Nice I have a Proto M3 so yeah it wouldn't be an issue with me. I may check one out. Would like maybe a proto though and not a first run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Prodigy may come out of all of this unscathed.

If I were at prodigy, once a mold was finalized, id re release it with an actual name. Since none of the testers are marked they could just release the disc with a new name and say, "New neutral midrange called the Oobie, pre-released as the M4".

They really should treat all these protos as protos and avoid this confusing nightmare of disc gambling where you hope you grab the right one.
I still dont get the issue people have with the naming of the disc, its a logical naming system, albeit they may be pigeonholing themselves. I think its fine. Though I do agree that maybe the one stamp for all discs thing isn't a very good idea.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
Nice I have a Proto M3 so yeah it wouldn't be an issue with me. I may check one out. Would like maybe a proto though and not a first run.

I still dont get the issue people have with the naming of the disc, its a logical naming system, albeit they may be pigeonholing themselves. I think its fine. Though I do agree that maybe the one stamp for all discs thing isn't a very good idea.
I agree

I said my comment because they are changing the M3 to the m2 and because of the pigeonholing. I support the premise but I think they are doing a poor job practically.

I think the naming system is great. I just mean because the confusion of some d4s flying like d1's and vice versa. Having new names would be purely for finalizing the mold with the name.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 465
Niced 24 Times in 11 Posts

Agree with the Buzz ss comparison. Been working one into the bag lately and they are very similar.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 82
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

The M4 replaced my Ti Buzzz and MVP Axis. It's fast, has amazing glide, holds a line, and the plastic is spectacular. It's definitely the farthest traveling mid I've ever thrown, 350 is no problem.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
I agree

I said my comment because they are changing the M3 to the m2 and because of the pigeonholing. I support the premise but I think they are doing a poor job practically.

I think the naming system is great. I just mean because the confusion of some d4s flying like d1's and vice versa. Having new names would be purely for finalizing the mold with the name.
Yeah once they start changing things everything gets messed up and changing the now M3 to the new M2 will confuse a lot of people. Starting with 1 as most OS and 4 as most US was shortsighted to say the least.

Yeah I could get behind a total renaming of the discs, but that would confuse everyone at that point , especially since some first runs have already been released.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 286
Niced 208 Times in 87 Posts

I still have a major problem that are giving Prodigy a pass on their quality because discs are labeled first run or proto. Where else do you buy mass produced products at full price that are just test versions. We'd all be pissed to purchase a new "proto" TV from Wal-Mart and find it didnt work.

Most prototypes are not sold; they are given away for testing. Maybe you pay a membership fee to be part of an organization that gets test goods... but you arent paying for the prototype. Unfortunately DG has a rule about discs being made available for the public before they can be used in competition. i think its a shame Prodigy is allowing this stuff to be sold so that their team can throw them in tournaments. If you know the quality is poor give them away for free and allow your team to throw them, but stop charging MSRP'ing them at $16
Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 82
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Damn skinny, ya had to go and get Huey all fired up again! Lol!

I think PIAS in Pineville must get the worst inventory of Prodigy discs ever released. I have had the exact OPPOSITE experienced, so far I've received 250 spectacular discs. The stamps have been mint, the weights are spot on, no issues whatsoever. There are some very very minor variations in the flight plates of my shipment of 1st run M4's, but overall they are almost all identical and perfect.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,411 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I still have a major problem that are giving Prodigy a pass on their quality because discs are labeled first run or proto. Where else do you buy mass produced products at full price that are just test versions. We'd all be pissed to purchase a new "proto" TV from Wal-Mart and find it didnt work.

Most prototypes are not sold; they are given away for testing. Maybe you pay a membership fee to be part of an organization that gets test goods... but you arent paying for the prototype. Unfortunately DG has a rule about discs being made available for the public before they can be used in competition. i think its a shame Prodigy is allowing this stuff to be sold so that their team can throw them in tournaments. If you know the quality is poor give them away for free and allow your team to throw them, but stop charging MSRP'ing them at $16
The same could be said for MVP. They don't even call theirs prototypes or first runs either so, depending upon when you get one, you could wind up with something completely different from the final "draft".

The way Dave is known for tweaking his molds, you could say Innova's discs are in a perpetual state of prototype too.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 27 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter View Post
I wouldnt mind trying an m4 but it has heavy competition with my buzzzs.

Also,i heard they were changing the m3 to the m2 as well,i dont think any retooling is needed because the mold is staying the same,only a name change. So if it does indeed become the m2 then the new m3 should be closer to buzzz stability .

Thats actually a solid line up but i think the m1 is only slightly more os than my m3
For me they are more versatile than buzzz's, easier to work lines with. The throw necessary for the m4 is less needy in the power department. Buzz's needto be mashed on or thrown on a slight anny/flat to turn, these do that, just takes less power.

As far as m3 and 1 being similar, id agree if there isnt a 15+ mph wind. You will see a difference there for sure. The m3 starts to get curvy. But under most circumstances there wouldnt be a need for both.