Old 10-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Bent wrist?

I am seeing alot of bent in (loaded) wrists from pros watching videos on YouTube. I am seeing mcbeth do it on putter upshots and a couple guys with this being their normal rhbh form. I was under the impression that the wrist was to stay in line with forearm and kept there through the throw with the wrist naturally being pulled back and loaded and unloaded from the force of trying to keep it straight. I think I saw feldberg say this. What's the verdict on this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 28.4
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 7 Posts

I think a little bend is fine. Watch a video of Nolan Grider. He has fantastic distance but I wouldn’t bend my wrist more than him. Too much is detrimental to distance. Not such a big deal on touch shots but I wouldn’t want drastically different throwing styles.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 29 Times in 23 Posts

I think most pros would say that they are not thinking about the wrist at all. For a backhand at least.. With forehand, I am thinking about my wrist more because thats the lever that generates the spin. With the backhand, its the elbow that acts as the level. Focus on bringing the disc close to your chest and getting your elbow from a straight line in reach back, to a 90 degree angle before the hit point.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
I think most pros would say that they are not thinking about the wrist at all. For a backhand at least.. With forehand, I am thinking about my wrist more because thats the lever that generates the spin. With the backhand, its the elbow that acts as the level. Focus on bringing the disc close to your chest and getting your elbow from a straight line in reach back, to a 90 degree angle before the hit point.
Speaking of this....I do think about that 90 degree elbow angle alot and keeping close to chest is important. When I do better the disc to the right pec, that 90 has to open up by that point for me. If the disc is centered in front of right pec three shoulder she is about 135 and elbow closes to about 45. My question is what should my hip or shoulders angle with line of flight be at that time.... Parallel or should I be opening up already with the hips by the time disc is at right pec. I'm throwing about 400 consistently so my form can't be too bad, but as I try to push toward 500 all these little tweaks have to come together yes?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk