Old 04-02-2017, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,223 Times in 2,240 Posts

The Ions have been in my bag since pretty much release day, so they're pretty straight.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Niced 97 Times in 76 Posts

I know it was just released, but when will the Pilot be released in premium plastic?
Old 04-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
I know it was just released, but when will the Pilot be released in premium plastic?
I would be surprised if it happened this year.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 54 Times in 34 Posts

I picked up a trace in Neutron. The plastic is a bit translucent which I have never seen from any other neutron. I mean its not like proton translucent but if I can see through it in the right lighting. Thats not to say I dislike it, the disc feels good in the hand and I got a couple of throws in bad conditions with it(snow). It seemed more stable than the sheriff I picked up, but again hard to say in bad conditions.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 474 Times in 317 Posts

166g Neutron Trace, 174g Eletron Pilot;

Streamline's entry into the disc golf market started out with two smash hits! The Electron Pilots are great straight flying, torque resistant, stable putters. Truly a "holds any line you put it on" putter. For throwing, they have incredible glide and stability, flying very straight without turning over and finishing with a very mild fade. They will hold an anhyzer to the ground and also stand up to a hyzer without flipping up much. For putting, they are incredibly straight shooters which can give spin putters extra confidence from outside the circle with it's glide giving easy extra distance. With the perfect neutrality of it's flight, it will perfectly show you your mistakes. If this disc doesn't hit chains, you know it wasn't an issue of fading out too early or turning from higher speeds.

The Neutron Trace is simply a thing of beauty. The Neutron plastic without overmold feels like seasoned Star plastic right out of the box and the Trace flies like a seasoned Wraith. Thrown flat, the Trace shows a mild turn with a gentle finish, and superb glide. It seems as if the disc simply doesn't want to come out of the air. As a 400' max distance thrower, the Trace was giving me 380' with less effort than most of my drivers. My longest throw was GPS measured in at 410' on a flex line and still didn't even feel like I had to power it up as much as my DDx, D3s, or Destroyers. The Trace will take a gentle hyzerflip with ease or hold a big sweeping hyzer for it's full flight. Given some anhyzer, the Trace will carry for about 75% of it's flight before fading back to flat and finishing with a smooth, forward projecting fade.

Lastly, the three foil stamps are to die for! When I opened my package from Justin I was blown away. Reflective gold, holographic silver, and solid black that really makes the disc pop. Beautiful discs to match beautiful flights.

Truly the first two Streamline Discs to launch were smashed out of the park. If you're a Gyrohead and want to support Maple Valley Plastics, give some Streamline Discs a throw. If you're just an enthusiastic disc golfer who loves trying new molds but could never connect with overmold discs, these are very much a treat from a great company.

Cheers.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone tried thumbers or tomahawks with trace? Gyro made every mvp/axiom drivers do the barrel roll really slow and wide.. how the trace works?
Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 24
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiekko_FIN View Post
Has anyone tried thumbers or tomahawks with trace? Gyro made every mvp/axiom drivers do the barrel roll really slow and wide.. how the trace works?
Only tried one. Went as expected from a wraith like disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 88 Times in 47 Posts

Neutron Traces are money. Longer, worn in Wraith is the perfect description (AKA the CD3 killer).
Have Proton on the way and excited to see how they fly, too.
Definitely my new go to driver.
Too early to call it the release of the year? lol
Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 474 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Neutron Traces are money. Longer, worn in Wraith is the perfect description (AKA the CD3 killer).
Have Proton on the way and excited to see how they fly, too.
Definitely my new go to driver.
Too early to call it the release of the year? lol
I liked my Neutron Trace so much I ran up to Disc Baron to grab a Proton as well. I got a metal flake 174g Proton and it's definitely a bit more stable/overstable. I agree, this may well end up stealing the CD3's slot in my bag. It's surprising to have two new releases so close together that are so similar and I'm so excited for. Both phenomenal discs. I can see these two Traces working into being one of my most used drivers.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 88 Times in 47 Posts

Yeah, for sure. Inertias took over the Beast slot for me, and now Traces will take over the Wraiths.
I'm pretty much set for distance drivers with those two.