Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 213 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
^^^ These. Awesome for Nate!.

Side note: Wonder what his sig disc will be?
Those are only for Worlds wins I believe, as Koling doesn't have one and McBeth's and Climo's only count the number of (MPO) Worlds they've won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
I could also see dgu store or supreme flight doing something for the occasion.
This seems the far more likely scenario to me, specifically Supreme Flight with the number of stamps they've done for players (McBeth, Nate, and Barela spring to mind off the top of my head).
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.4
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 363 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post

This seems the far more likely scenario to me, specifically Supreme Flight with the number of stamps they've done for players (McBeth, Nate, and Barela spring to mind off the top of my head).
John from Supreme Flight replied to me on Facebook and said he something in the works for the occasion!

Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfer25 View Post
Nate throws a beast?

Nice catch! I watched his in the bag, no beast.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Niced 4,206 Times in 2,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
Those are only for Worlds wins I believe, as Koling doesn't have one and McBeth's and Climo's only count the number of (MPO) Worlds they've won.

Maybe that's because he was throwing prodigy discs then....
Old 10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,341 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenanFlagler01 View Post
My 11-year old son and I went to Rock Hill for a disc golf weekend. We played a ton of courses and watched the final round at USDGC. I wish I'd done it sooner. Awesome trip.

I just want to say that the players, in addition to being unbelievable disc golfers, were amazingly gracious and friendly during and after the round to my son and other fans. Examples:

1. We were on hole 6 (the beach hole), watching several cards come through (in a steady rain). Barry Schultz saw the group of spectators and came over to thank us all for watching and supporting them. He then handed my son a signed disc. Class! (This was in the middle of a bogey-free -10 round. Un-freaking-real.)

2. After the round, my son got pictures with Sexton, Wysocki, and McBeth. They weren't bothered at all by him asking for photos. All smiles. Ricky had to kneel down he was so much taller than my boy. I'm going to have a hard time deciding whom to pull for in future tournaments! They were all first class!

3. My son also went on a mission to get autographs on the disc Barry gave him. Everyone was friendly and awesome: Paige, Big Jerm, Anthon, Philo, Simon, Eagle, and Withers, in addition to Barry, Ricky, Paul, and Nate. Major kudos to all of you. You made my son's day and he's surely a fan for life!
I love stories like this. I'll add one to the lore as well.

Last minute (10pm Friday night) my crew, there to create the miniseries discussed earlier in this thread, agreed to cover the Chase card for the final round since we were actually ahead of our shooting schedule.

Oh yeah...so you heard it here first. I'm flying back to SF today and I'll start cutting that tomorrow. Bonus chase card coverage of the final round (Barsby, Nichols, Z. Johnson, McBeth).

It was raining enough to create issues, and one of the shoulder mounts broke so I had to hand hold the camera and the umbrella. Right before the chase card was set to tee I walked down the row of spectators at Hole 1 and asked for a volunteer. Almost immediately I got a volunteer - a young man named Caleb was ushered towards me by his dad and brother. They had driven over 2 hours to come watch the final round. He told me his favorite player is Paul McBeth, he hoped he could shoot well enough to win so he wanted to watch his card, and that his favorite disc is the Roc3.

Long story short, he held the umbrella to keep my camera and I dry for the whole round, got to walk inside the ropes and watch the players up close, and never complained once for the whole 4 hour round. What a kid.

After the round I gave him the umbrella (the nice USDGC ones from the players pack), took him into the pro shop and bought him a couple of discs and a USDGC hat - and took him to meet Paul. He waited patiently, but with eyes bulging as Paul signed autograph after autograph. At the end (classic McBeth) Paul chatted with Caleb, showed him his bag, and pulled out a Thunderbird and told Caleb to take good care of it.

Add that to the stories from this event I'll never forget.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleoross View Post
Nice catch! I watched his in the bag, no beast.
I was hoping you were right. Would love to see some more Beast love, it's a great disc. Barry is the only pro I can think of that throws them. Sexton's bag is interesting though. I like seeing pros picking discs outside of the mainstream ones that fit their needs.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,624 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post

Last minute (10pm Friday night) my crew, there to create the miniseries discussed earlier in this thread, agreed to cover the Chase card for the final round since we were actually ahead of our shooting schedule.

Oh yeah...so you heard it here first. I'm flying back to SF today and I'll start cutting that tomorrow. Bonus chase card coverage of the final round (Barsby, Nichols, Z. Johnson, McBeth).

It was raining enough to create issues, and one of the shoulder mounts broke so I had to hand hold the camera and the umbrella. Right before the chase card was set to tee I walked down the row of spectators at Hole 1 and asked for a volunteer. Almost immediately I got a volunteer - a young man named Caleb was ushered towards me by his dad and brother. They had driven over 2 hours to come watch the final round. He told me his favorite player is Paul McBeth, he hoped he could shoot well enough to win so he wanted to watch his card, and that his favorite disc is the Roc3.

Long story short, he held the umbrella to keep my camera and I dry for the whole round, got to walk inside the ropes and watch the players up close, and never complained once for the whole 4 hour round. What a kid.

After the round I gave him the umbrella (the nice USDGC ones from the players pack), took him into the pro shop and bought him a couple of discs and a USDGC hat - and took him to meet Paul. He waited patiently, but with eyes bulging as Paul signed autograph after autograph. At the end (classic McBeth) Paul chatted with Caleb, showed him his bag, and pulled out a Thunderbird and told Caleb to take good care of it.

Holy crap. That's the best DG story I have heard in a long long time. Thanks for sharing that!!!

Niced: (1)
Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post

That's some world champ level class!! Awesome story...thanks for sharing.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-09-2017, 12:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 824 Times in 493 Posts

Nate played some of the best (if not THE BEST) pro level, consistent, smart, well executed disc golf I have ever seen. And then holding up his baby after the win. C'mon... what a moment for Nate and for disc golf in general!

Old 10-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
Brother Dave I saw you barefoot carrying your shoes walking the path across from 12's basket. My buddy and I were like, whaaaa!!?? Wish I'd known it was you I would've said hi. Cool to know the story behind it now. Awesome tourney. Had a blast.
I'd wear a "I'm BrotherDave" sandwich board but I don't want Russell Schwarz to find me and get his feelings hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveThrower43 View Post
My observation is you were there and didn't even come to say whatsup. Don't give me any excuses cause I was pretty easy to find!
You looked busy, holding that scoreboard, yelling at people and whatnot. Plus I wasn't 100% sure that was you, you looked more like Hodor from GoT than I remember. I swear you're 3 inches taller every time I see you.

-----------forgotten observation--------------
• Nate's calves are much more impressive in person. He might have bigger calves than me, and I've got big, red, fire ant bitten calves.