Old 10-10-2017, 02:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 666 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Reverse the layout so the teepads are where the baskets were and the baskets were where the teepads were. Then all the hillsides will be preferential to backhanders. Plus it'd be awful haha
That sounds like fun, just for a laugh. Try getting to the teepad of #3 LOL. #12 uphill climb to the new basket should be fun too
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 AM
Par Member

Niced 82 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini View Post
He only had one bad hole and that was 17 round 3 where he flipped back and forth between forehand and backhand. Missing both.
Nope
Old 10-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 457
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post

You looked busy, holding that scoreboard, yelling at people and whatnot. Plus I wasn't 100% sure that was you, you looked more like Hodor from GoT than I remember. I swear you're 3 inches taller every time I see you
Ha 3 inches wider maybe

I was a little busy but the crowds were good listeners for the most part. Only had to threaten one guy with getting kicked out.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 308 Times in 127 Posts

One thing I noticed on the coverage was a more limited use of statistics. I find that Big Jerm sometimes overdoes it with the stats, using them to the extent that they distract from providing other forms of analysis (such as on disc flight, choices players made, etc.) Going down the stats rabbit hole can also throw off the timing where the comments end up behind the action.

I wondered if this was a "production" decision made by SpinTV or USDGC/DGWT or Innova. I thought there was a marked difference in how much they went to the stats compared with something like their recent coverage of Green Mountains Championship. They didn't completely ignore the stats -- number of birdies, hardest/easiest hole rankings -- but I sensed that the cut back. Purposeful?

I also found the "Pillars of Justice" snark to be hilarious. They changed the name to the Pillars of something else for round four, but it was equally hilarious. It was clear that Big Jerm thought they were stupid, but he handled his criticism well, I thought.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-10-2017, 07:13 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 148 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
Jerm is kinda annoying to me at times; dude gets wayyyyy too whiny about course design and it sometimes sounds like he's talking through peanut butter or something. I dunno
My biggest complaint against Jerm is that he inserts himself and his views into the commentary WAY too much. Sure, it's good to get extra info than just what we're seeing on the screen, but often Jerm just talks and talks and talks. And doesn't mention 4 or 5 shots that we just saw happen.

Also I don't know why it gets on my nerves... but Jerm, you can't tell if that is 36 or 37 feet away. just stop.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

If you treat Nate as the host, and Jerm as the color commentator, then his criticisms are okay. That would be his job. I like Jerm, not as much as Nate, but his stats don't bother me. Hey look, I'm the color guy.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 44 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
One thing I noticed on the coverage was a more limited use of statistics. I find that Big Jerm sometimes overdoes it with the stats, using them to the extent that they distract from providing other forms of analysis (such as on disc flight, choices players made, etc.) Going down the stats rabbit hole can also throw off the timing where the comments end up behind the action.

I wondered if this was a "production" decision made by SpinTV or USDGC/DGWT or Innova. I thought there was a marked difference in how much they went to the stats compared with something like their recent coverage of Green Mountains Championship. They didn't completely ignore the stats -- number of birdies, hardest/easiest hole rankings -- but I sensed that the cut back. Purposeful?

I also found the "Pillars of Justice" snark to be hilarious. They changed the name to the Pillars of something else for round four, but it was equally hilarious. It was clear that Big Jerm thought they were stupid, but he handled his criticism well, I thought.
I was super annoyed by the stats when he first did them for the same reason but i feel like he has been gradually cutting that back ever since
Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 88 Times in 42 Posts

Fantastic
Old 10-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 112
Niced 273 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
My biggest complaint against Jerm is that he inserts himself and his views into the commentary WAY too much. Sure, it's good to get extra info than just what we're seeing on the screen, but often Jerm just talks and talks and talks. And doesn't mention 4 or 5 shots that we just saw happen.

Also I don't know why it gets on my nerves... but Jerm, you can't tell if that is 36 or 37 feet away. just stop.
Disagree. It's video, why does he need to describe a shot YOU CAN SEE? The personal insight is what makes the "Big Sexy" commentary good. Otherwise, we could be stuck with the disc golf guy and his lame attempts at humor.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 550 Times in 273 Posts

I think the Big Sexy commentary is enjoyable but I definitely prefer a mixed bag. I actually liked the anticipation of not knowing who was going to the be the guest commentators as it was usually a pleasant surprise. I firmly believe the Sexy Beast is the best team and wish McBeth would do more commentary, but I like to hear different players POV, even if there aren't the most articulate.