Old 07-23-2018, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,630 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Dave dropping the K-nowledge with a capital "K"!

"Momentary Bliss"....nice name!

Thanks for the info!!!
Knowledge...lol

Oh and I forgot to mention that the temp course is for a tournament this October. Hopefully I can get a date confirmation from the city parks guy and once I have that I can register it as a PDGA event and go from there.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.4
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 110 Times in 73 Posts

On U-disc I found a little gem in the rough recently, located just north of Lansing, called Bengal Wildlife Center. And when I say “rough” I do mean ROUGH.
It’s not listed on either DGCR or DGS. Has anyone else heard of or played this place?
It wasn’t terrible, just doesn’t look like anybody is playing it with any regularity. If I had the time I would have tried to connect with someone in the area to get some background, but I was on my way to Saginaw in a little bit of a rush.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 673 Times in 305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shide View Post
On U-disc I found a little gem in the rough recently, located just north of Lansing, called Bengal Wildlife Center. And when I say “rough” I do mean ROUGH.
It’s not listed on either DGCR or DGS. Has anyone else heard of or played this place?
It wasn’t terrible, just doesn’t look like anybody is playing it with any regularity. If I had the time I would have tried to connect with someone in the area to get some background, but I was on my way to Saginaw in a little bit of a rush.
Well that would explain why I haven't heard of this course, if its not on DGCR or DGS then its not on my radar. I am about 30 min south of Lansing and haven't even heard it discussed locally. Usually when I go north of Lansing I end up in Laingsburg for Pine Hills (yeah carts!!!) or Sleepy Hollow. Will keep this in mind my next trip north, thanks!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 311
Niced 2,157 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Bagging The Mitten like few others!
Nice find!
Old 07-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.4
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 110 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Bagging The Mitten like few others!
Nice find!
Doing what I can.😁
Old 07-25-2018, 08:01 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 220
Niced 165 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
I love the feeling of seeing an unlisted course!

Found a private one (with super interesting white egg-shaped baskets!) just down the road from Commissioner Park in Frankfort, IL a few weeks back. I wanted to play/list the course, but it looked to be part of a private Christian camp, and of course without permission, I skipped it.

Definitely do some sleuthing to see if it's an add-able/review-able course! Adding new courses (that the owner(s) want listed) is perhaps the most valuable and rewarding DGCR activity!
Old 07-26-2018, 11:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 673 Times in 305 Posts

Just got word the baskets for Ella Sharp Park DGC are being installed today! The course was started 2 years ago with grass fairways planted last year. Most pads and basket collars were installed last year as well. It has been mowed a few times this year already and the last few pads were poured a few weeks ago. Going to head there after work today and check on signage and see if there are any issues to update on.

Added the course to the directory today, will work on a Course Map as well. Got a chance to play it last year with designer and some local players and temp baskets so I know the layout. Need to update course page on type of baskets installed.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 45
Niced 206 Times in 97 Posts

So I know I sound like a broken record, but Mt. Zion DGC in Ironwood MI just got a redesign.... again.

The long grass in the many open fairways was just too much for volunteers to handle with weedwhackers, and after talking to the one man who runs the ski hill in the summer, it is just not enough mowing. The shop doesn't even have the mower for another few weeks (it's up at the Porcupine Mountains, whose course I can only imagine how badly it needs mowed).

So instead of trying to fight the inevitable, I decided to move the majority of the course into the woods. I cut 3.5 new fairways fresh, and now the course is technical par 3's, and a good compliment to the new, more or less open Norrie Park course. Only one opening and closing hole are in the open, and it should be somewhat manageable now.

Pics, hole information, and maps will be added when the mods clear the old listings on the page, signage on the course will be added asap.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 168
Niced 161 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
I love the feeling of seeing an unlisted course!

Found a private one (with super interesting white egg-shaped baskets!) just down the road from Commissioner Park in Frankfort, IL a few weeks back. I wanted to play/list the course, but it looked to be part of a private Christian camp, and of course without permission, I skipped it.

Definitely do some sleuthing to see if it's an add-able/review-able course! Adding new courses (that the owner(s) want listed) is perhaps the most valuable and rewarding DGCR activity!
I'm almost sure that course used to be listed here. I think I remember reading a #19325 review of it.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 86
Niced 1,630 Times in 676 Posts

PSA for all my Michigan Peeps:

Hart Hydro is an abomination of a disc golf course. Don't waste your time here.