Old 10-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 45.4
Courses Played: 364
Niced 1,674 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwrenn View Post
While I'd put McBeth's chances still very high (and this is coming from someone who'd have picked him to begin with, he's always the favorite to me.)

...at least he's doing his best to make it somewhat interesting for us going into the final round.
It's wide open now.

Attached Images
File Type: png PrW3rd.png (15.7 KB, 292 views)
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 457
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee View Post
Am I the only one that is just loving getting to watch great disc golf coverage? People are complaining about the live commentators, people not playing well, people playing too well, the production company, some dude that used to do the production.

And now I complaining about them complaining..
...f$&k sakes. I'm gonna go watch first round jomez coverage.....
People like being negative.

The coverage looked solid when the UDisc guy showed me the test run unfortunately I wasn’t able to enjoy it being on the course.

McBeth opened the door and I’ve seen larger leads shrink quick on the last day or even last 2 holes. Johne was up 5 or so going into 17 I believe. Should be a great day and fun to watch!

Niced: (3)
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 115
Niced 291 Times in 89 Posts

Can anyone explain how Jeremy Koling took an 8 on a 371' par 3? I'm imagining an OB right drive (though that wouldn't make sense for a RHBH), then into the water... twice? Or just OB water 3 times somehow?
Old 10-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 145
Niced 331 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake833 View Post
Can anyone explain how Jeremy Koling took an 8 on a 371' par 3? I'm imagining an OB right drive (though that wouldn't make sense for a RHBH), then into the water... twice? Or just OB water 3 times somehow?
Udisclive says 3 OBs and 3 circle2 putts. Hole 6's OB are limited to previous spot or drop zone. Drop zone is about 45' away, looking directly at the water.

I'd guess:
1 - Drive, OB
2 - penalty stroke
3 - Putt from drop zone, OB
4 - penalty stroke
5 - Putt from drop zone, OB
6 - penalty stroke
7 - Putt from drop zone, miss
8 - Putt from circle 1, make
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 115
Niced 291 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
Udisclive says 3 OBs and 3 circle2 putts. Hole 6's OB are limited to previous spot or drop zone. Drop zone is about 45' away, looking directly at the water.

I'd guess:
1 - Drive, OB
2 - penalty stroke
3 - Putt from drop zone, OB
4 - penalty stroke
5 - Putt from drop zone, OB
6 - penalty stroke
7 - Putt from drop zone, miss
8 - Putt from circle 1, make
oohhh i forgot there was a drop zone on that hole. it seems crazy that he could miss twice from the drop zone, but this course takes no prisoners.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 73
Niced 194 Times in 60 Posts

Big day for McBeth tomorrow...

If he wins, he should be player of the year, almost regardless of what happens in.the rest of 2018...a major and more real wins and consistency than the other major winners...and another second place finish at Worlds...

After Ricky dominating 2016 and besting McBeth (by a smaller margin) in 2017, this is a chance to really become "the man" again...

Eagle and Simon started the year with a real chance but neither could be in the discussion for best of 2018 if Paul wins this one...
Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 220 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naphish View Post
exactly, Paul took his foot off the gas so to speak and changed his game plan to hold instead of increase his lead. i couldn't manage this tournament half as well. i just prefer his"every shot as well as it can be done " game. i'll see the end after 2 rounds tomorrow afternoon with my son. tomorrow is our warm up for the annual family championship. enjoy.
I don't think he changed his game plan - he still ran for eagle on 10 when no one else did, for example. He just wasn't as clean off the tee today. He's also sick - looked awful after the round, and you can tell it affected him.

Also we need to talk more about Kevin Jones, people. He's gonna run for those eagles tomorrow and I. Am. Here. For. It.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by onemilemore; 10-05-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.3
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 180 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I don't think he changed his game plan - he still ran for eagle on 10 when no one else did, for example. He just wasn't as clean off the tee today. He's also sick - looked awful after the round, and you can tell it affected him.

Also we need to talk more about Kevin Jones, people. He's gonna run for those eagles tomorrow and I. Am. Here. For. It.
i didn't realize he was ill. i just noticed his shots lacked ( drives in particular) the execution i have come to expect when he is in the zone. i hope he is 100% tomorrow cause there's hounds on his trail.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Smelling the Shame

Courses Played: 53
Niced 82 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Uli!!

Live aces are fun.
Until your approach goes 6" OB on the next hole and you Bogey. HELL of and Ace, though. Always pulling for Uli. He is a local and his Brother does a TON for our local scene.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 19
Niced 832 Times in 498 Posts

I hate to say anything negative about the coverage today because it was a very good show, but Avery.... wow... "bidge" instead of "bid", "stoke" instead of "stroke", etc, etc....he's a good guy but I just don't think he should be in the booth. Such a harsh contrast to Jamie's crystal clear speaking voice.

But if Smashboxx can learn one thing from this coverage...and I have been suggesting this for quite some time...."Hole 17 Live" showed the top 10 scores often and when the scores were displayed they just verbally highlighted the movers, etc, no need to verbally address all the scores like the SB crew does. Just show the top 10 and move on, that was very professional and a pleasant surprise. It really allowed me to get a feel for the top 10 movement which you never really get from a SB broadcast since several holes can go by until they finally decide to show us the scores.

I had my doubts....I thought it would be a banter fest with very little live action...but to my surprise... as far as disc golf live tournament coverage goes, this was the best "overall" show I have seen. It's obvious Innova wanted a professional show to showcase their tournament, brand, players, etc, and they 100% succeeded. Looking forward to the final round coverage!

Niced: (2)