Old 03-27-2019, 07:31 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

I would consider the md4. Very similar mold to the verdict, with better baseline plastics available. I have never liked prime verdicts, but p-line md4's are quite nice.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-27-2019, 11:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 4
Niced 167 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr32 View Post
I would consider the md4. Very similar mold to the verdict, with better baseline plastics available. I have never liked prime verdicts, but p-line md4's are quite nice.
Hadn't looked the MD4, I'll check it out.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 207 Times in 133 Posts

I'm loving my MF-MD4 and P-MD4 combo, and Discmania is hinting at a possible release of either S-Line or D-Line MD4s

Old 03-29-2019, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Thanks to all that made suggestions so far. And anymore ideas are appreciated.

I did go to PIAS today. There are 3 in the 30-45 mile range from home. I went to the closest and the one that would lead me back towards my home course. It seems this store's selection is probably the smallest now in the area. That being said I did pick up three fine pieces of plastic. Two Lucid EMac Truths and a Prime Burst Verdict, the only Verdict in the store. I was very disappointed to find this store had no MVP or Discmania. None. Would have loved to handled a MD4 and Vector today along with the others. So for now I have three new mids to test. And test them I did. First was field warm up and practice with just mids. Throwing the new discs with the VRocs and Gator. It took a few throws the dial in Truths to my shatty form. But soon they were out flying the VRocs 10-15ft on similar lines. The Verdict took no adjustments as it has the hss to handle my form. It flew similar to the Gator, but further and with less fade. It's worth mentioning that the EMacs looked identical. Nice small curve on the top of the wing to a nearly flat top. While the Verdict was almost a puddle top, which from what I saw today of Trilogy base is the norm. Also, I know I stated I wanted base plastic, but the EMacs were in the used bin and looked nearly new and were priced cheaper than Prime. And the grip on Lucid is much better than Champ, imo. So I couldn't pass them up. So my plan is to make one EMac my go to mid and get familiar with with it's flight and capabilities, while breaking it in. That will leave the other EMac as a reference for flight changes. Meanwhile, the Verdict will take second throws when reasonable and be intentionally beat up to see how it's flight changes. So I stopped at my home course and put that plan into action. Pulled the VRocs out, so they wouldn't be there to tempt me, and the Destroyer to make room for the new acquistions. The primary EMac took all mid shots and I did some second shots with the other as I still wasn't comfortable with them. They performed admirably when given a good throw and I look forward to more reps with them. They seem like a very neutral mid with mild fade. There was no wind today, so it remains to be seen how they perform in those conditions. The EMacs are definitely longer than the VRocs, as I found myself over throwing on a few holes. I find this to be a good thing as it should help me define when to throw Rhyno or EMac. So far the verdict is out on the Verdict. It picked up some second throws and got some forced beating. I will continue to break it in and monitor it's flight to see how much hss and lss it loses over time.

Again, thank you to those that made suggestions and I look forward to hearing any more you have to offer.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Another round testing new mids.

DX Rhyno *3 - one grippy Rancho for putts, two Sanny for short work

Lucid EMac Truth *2 - most mid shots

Prime Verdict - breaking in

Star Gator - Gator stuff

DX Teebird - main driver

Champ Teebird *2 - FH distance and wind

Windier round today which is good for the testing process. Warmed up with just mids and they flew great with 10-20 mph winds. Definitely getting more comfortable with the EMacs. Hating the Verdict FH. The plastic is too grippy and releasing late. It also clovers very easily. So I won't be buying anymore Prime plastic. Did pick up twin biofuzion Verdicts off feebay. Looking forward to getting some reps with those in the coming weeks.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:39 PM
* Ace Member *

The bio Verdicts made it in today. Didn't have time for a full round at the home course, so I went to the nearby 9 hole short course and played two loops with just the Verdicts. They performed well even in the winds we had today, which gusted around 35 mph. The bio Verdicts are definitely less lss than the Prime and about the same hss. I really like the high speed portion of their flight. The hss is more of a stable 0 where the EMac is a neutral 0, if that makes any sense. What I mean is the Verdict will still hold the release angle with wind and torque resistance. Where as the EMac will hold release angles but are more susceptible to wind and oat. These bio were slightly used and I would rate their flight as 5/4/0/2. The bio were much longer as well, thanks to what I consider to be a normal dome for a mid. The prime was board flat, almost concave, when new and seemed to gain lss after it clovered the other day. Anyways, loving the bio Verdicts so far. Definitely feels like workhorse mid.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

I like the assessment of the different “0” HSS ratings. I throw Truths and Verdicts for my mids, and I agree. I throw all lucid, though (probably my favorite disc plastic). I think verdicts are good OS mids for those that don’t crank on mids really hard. They’re pretty straight at elevated power.

Unrelated: I have a freak verdict (maybe still 8.5/10) that flies like a mini eagle. Has some turn (or it’s easy to get up to flat) and rides before a big fade. I’d like a lucid freak on the more OS end.

Cheers

Old 04-13-2019, 04:07 PM
* Ace Member *

At least someone gets my ramblings.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Still liking the Verdicts, very good BH and FH for me. Which brings me to FH, man it was off today. So I'll be doing a little field work next time I go out. Wasn't really a fun outing either. With all the rain we've had lately, the bugs were terrible. The humidity was through the roof. And to top it off, I ran into a meth-head. He was just hanging out in the middle of the woods, like he was hiding from someone. At least he didn't stab or shoot me.

Bag:

3 DX Rhynos - 1 putter and 2 throwers
2 Bio Verdicts - 1 thrower and a backup
1 Star Gator - Beef
3 Teebirds - 1 DX and 2 Champ ranging from slightly US to OS
1 Champ Banshee - longer Beef, really just long for the ride as it hadn't been out in awhile

Old 05-25-2019, 10:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 282 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmcgee View Post
Bag:

3 DX Rhynos - 1 putter and 2 throwers
2 Bio Verdicts - 1 thrower and a backup
1 Star Gator - Beef
3 Teebirds - 1 DX and 2 Champ ranging from slightly US to OS
1 Champ Banshee - longer Beef, really just long for the ride as it hadn't been out in awhile
Bio verdicts, eh? My experience they are flatter than lucids. Maybe start out more OS, too. It’s been a while though.

Bio, although it’s supposedly mid-grade, takes time to beat in. Especially stiff bio. But I do like the plastic!

Nice simple set up.