Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 286 Times in 153 Posts

I prefer to buy organic but it’s not really a dealbreaker. Quality and freshness is more important.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 37
Niced 226 Times in 135 Posts

I had found a site (JavaPresse) that gives a free grinder with the first order of their coffee subscription. Got my email that finally shipped, so I put in an order for whole beans of the Ring of (camp)Fire.

Will use the free coffee, since I really just wanted the grinder to test out the aeropress a few times, then finally get some BirdieFuel. I'm excited!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 250 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
We have been playing around with some Organic coffees in recent weeks.

So far we've had a phenomenal single origin Sumatra, several delicious medium roast blends & even a Robusta, high caffeine blend.

Does Organic coffee make you more or less inclined to try a coffee?

Usually I stay away from organic due to price, but our costs for organic beans are pretty similar to our OG blends so we have an opportunity to add to our selection.
I only buy organic. I dont mind the price since i drink just a small cup a day. That could sway me to invest some change in your beans
Old 06-14-2019, 09:53 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 549 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
I only buy organic. I dont mind the price since i drink just a small cup a day. That could sway me to invest some change in your beans
Glad to hear it! We'd love to earn your business!

We have acquired another pro sponsorship that I think folks are going to really get behind as well!

WOOHOO
Old 06-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 700 Times in 324 Posts

When talking coffee, quality is the key. If you give me a choice between organic and not I will most likely go for the organic. But if that organic doesnt have roasted on dates and I find a non organic that is fresh with dates then I will go with that.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,945 Times in 1,671 Posts

Wife got me one of the travel mugs for Father's Day. Love it!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

My travel mug, s'mores, and mini should be here Thursday according to USPS. So excited!

Thread derail time: My grinder and "free" coffee got here today so I had to make a cup, even though I'm not normally one for afternoon coffee. The first time using a grinder, or aeropress made for a very daunting experience when coming from years of K-Cups. Tried doing it inverted, came out good (not even using cream and sugar[normally I do 3tsp/2tsp respectively) even though I didn't do anything in the time I should have according to recipes I found online.
Moron moment of the day: I used the Keurig for hotwater since the kettle is buried somewhere, not all of the water fit in the press, but no big deal, just pour it into the cup I'm going to use. Gave it just over 2 minutes to brew, about to flip it over onto the cup, but was afraid of making a mess in the process. That's when I grab the cup, without thinking, flip it upside down onto the press. Splashing hot water all over my hand, chest, and counter.
I'm sure I'll eventually get the feel for it.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 700 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreemCheese View Post
My travel mug, s'mores, and mini should be here Thursday according to USPS. So excited!

Thread derail time: My grinder and "free" coffee got here today so I had to make a cup, even though I'm not normally one for afternoon coffee. The first time using a grinder, or aeropress made for a very daunting experience when coming from years of K-Cups. Tried doing it inverted, came out good (not even using cream and sugar[normally I do 3tsp/2tsp respectively) even though I didn't do anything in the time I should have according to recipes I found online.
Moron moment of the day: I used the Keurig for hotwater since the kettle is buried somewhere, not all of the water fit in the press, but no big deal, just pour it into the cup I'm going to use. Gave it just over 2 minutes to brew, about to flip it over onto the cup, but was afraid of making a mess in the process. That's when I grab the cup, without thinking, flip it upside down onto the press. Splashing hot water all over my hand, chest, and counter.
I'm sure I'll eventually get the feel for it.

You will get the hang of it. The aeropress is such a simple little coffee maker that makes such good coffee. Inverted is 100% the way to go and you should go dig that kettle out, it will help. But there also isnt a set recipe for how to make coffee. Every coffee is different and they need different amounts of coffee, different water temps, longer brew times, you name it. But pretty much just mess with the brew time and amount of coffee to get the best taste for you.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-21-2019, 11:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Finally got around to brewing a cup of S'more. I'll have to play around with ratios and times a bit yet, as the flavor was subtle but the aroma was wonderful.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

I'll need to order some of this soon - it sounds like a great idea. And supporting some pro players is a great feature.

I have used Koffee Kult to order better coffee than what can be found in the grocery store, and it has taught me to learn the difference between brewing methods. In fact, I recently purchased an Aeropress, and it's now my go-to way to make coffee! I have some single origin Burundi, and in the French Press it sorta tasted tangy. Then after discovering the Aeropress and a finer grind, it tastes so much better.

After reading this entire thread, I did try the inverted Aeropress method. How is that supposed to work? The plunger keeps the water from leaking down into the outer tube, but when I flipped it over into my cup I ended up with coffee all over the counter...