Old 07-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 738 Times in 630 Posts

One in Pierre South Dakota, the Griffin Park course is an extinct 9 pole with sign on it course and thank the world. The Skaters would play with discs once the disc golf discs were able to be purchased in town and they were purposely trying to hit people in the way and lowering score if they did hit somebody. The course is gone as the Steamboat course came into use in 2007 as a full 18 hole course. The Griffin park one the poles were left as a easy way to take down the course but after a year of the dumb Skaters still trying to play with only a 12-13 speed disc with the hitting rule of lowering score the course was finally pulled a full year and a half after sign removal. This was due to a person who had to walk carrying their kid with concussion getting hit by a disc over to the hospital that was right there. Now has only first 3 holes that will disappear along with the Skate Park the City never wanted in the first place thanks to a new Outdoor Pool that in a good year will be able to be used 3 & 1/2 months of the year.

The Griffin Course was bad when made even for 1995 standards of a Sign Pole course, the holes were too short as if the designers never heard of disc golf discs, even for good catch and throw disc the course the course was too small on some holes that were a putt run like hole one to hole two with Catch and throw discs. One had to throw old throw using the previous pole as the end for tee pad run. I know I played it with a Wham-O Frisbee as the second disc the third time I ever played and the course was short, I think they made it for those bad very cheep fasback like promotional discs that do not have the rings on them thinking those would be the majority of discs used back in 1995.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Casey 1988; 07-18-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:10 PM

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 21 Times in 6 Posts

https://www.orchardparkbee.com/artic...l-flame-falls/

http://www2.erie.gov/exec/index.php?...nal-flame-area
Old 07-19-2019, 02:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 58
Niced 236 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
That's one sweet looking course in those pics.
You got that right, I feel peaceful and secluded just looking at them.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 44.4
Courses Played: 191
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 508 Times in 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovadude View Post
Supposedly was a course near Ann Arbor, MI called "Kandahar" right before my time.

Traverse City MI- "Timberlee" - got pulled approx. 1999-2000. Was 24 hole ski resort course.

"Stonehenge" near Nashville, TN- private and used for 2001 Am. Worlds.

Also, keeping a tab on all temp. courses set up for tournaments?
Ah yes, Kandahar! This course was actually north of Ann Arbor a little situated on an old ski hill in between Hartland and Fenton. It was open for around a year as I recall and was very cool with woods and elevation changes. I only got to play it once before the baskets were pulled and the property turned into a subdivision