Old 08-19-2019, 11:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 183
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 669 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutrbug View Post
Why Star and not Pro? They both seem to be more durable than the DX, but I can't tell a difference between the more premium plastics. The exception is Champion... no matter what I throw in a Champion plastic, it hyzer bombs out on me big time. I guess I just don't grip it as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
A pro is not too different than star. The star will be slightly more durable. The star will be a touch more OS and the pro should fly true to the numbers new. If you can, buy both. For me the champs fly like a mini teebird.
I support the Pro option. I think Star or Champ start out a little too overstable to be a particularly good beginner disc, at least for what a Leopard should be. Pro starts with some decent flip early on, and beats in nicely. Give it a shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.5
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 38 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I support the Pro option. I think Star or Champ start out a little too overstable to be a particularly good beginner disc, at least for what a Leopard should be. Pro starts with some decent flip early on, and beats in nicely. Give it a shot.
One of my first discs was a DX Manta, recommended by local pro Tom Monroe. I liked it, but my 7yo son did too, so it became his. I replaced it with a Star version, and it does really well for me. I don't throw well enough yet to notice the difference between the different plastics being more or less stable than others, but that will happen. I now have a Comet in 4 different plastics, I think...

Niced: (1)
Old 08-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 569 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post

I have a 150g star leo I used while starting out, then gave to my kids- best of both worlds if you ask me. Pro plastic discs are kind of crap imo, they feel primo but beat in as fast if not faster than DX and that can be confusing to someone starting out. I’ve had a pro disc go flippy after literally 3 throws. I prefer lighter star because it holds that flight long enough to build yourself around, and at slower speeds there’s no danger of the flight changing while you’re still figuring out your throws.

Just my .02 but it definitely helped me nail down a lot of things.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.3
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 180 Times in 87 Posts

i have been using a 156 CE Leopard that continues to show me any flaws in my form/throw. but it holds the sweetest slow turn i ever threw.