Old 08-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 103 Times in 63 Posts

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 7 throws.
4x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 85 total throws (75 putts).
3x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 31 throws.
4x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 7 throws.
1x Roadrunner (Champion)- 5 throws.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 6 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 8 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 6 throws.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cumulative stats since removing the Wraith from my bag:

1.Pig- 223 throws. 22.85% of throws (down from 26.29%)
2.Omega- 182 throws & 944 putts (1126 total). 18.65% of throws (up from 10.52%)
3.Firebird- 138 throws. 14.14% of throws (down from 14.76%)
4.OLF- 118 throws. 12.09% of throws (up from 9.81%)
5.Roc- 92 throws. 9.43% of throws (down from 11.53%)
6.Xcal- 86 throws. 8.81% of throws (up from 6.88%)
7.Polecat- 72 throws. 7.38% of throws (down from 12.23%)
8.Roadrunner- 54 throws. 5.53% of throws (up from 5.26%)

Looking at this new set of data two things stand out immediately. First of all, I have almost doubled my Omega throws while cutting my Polecat shots almost in half. The past few months I feel like I have a more defined role for each mold. Earlier this year I wanted to throw the Polecat as often as possible to really test what it is capable of. As my Polecat has beaten in, the Omega is stating to take back over on most approach shots. At this point I pretty much use the Polecat on shots out of comfy jump putt range that I still want to make a bid at, slow anny approach shots, or patent pending/ bad footing approaches. I like throwing the Omegas more often because it keeps me dialed in with them.

I've been tinkering with a few extra molds, to throw for fun as practice shots here and there. Most of these molds are old favorites, but I'm not sure if anything will stick. Right now I make good use of all my molds where I'll throw each one at least once per round. The JLS, Aries, and Wraith may come back for an extended period later this year but for right now I'm just fooling around with them.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 12:44 AM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (4 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 8 throws.
4x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 106 total throws (92 putts).
2x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 34 throws.
3x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 10 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS & 1.2 QJ)- 4 throws. Losing another Roadrunner put me down to my last one. I'll use this as an excuse to throw my JLS again for a month or two. I've been throwing these two a lot off the tee as practice shots and they should slot in just fine. They can even fill in the gap when I have too low a ceiling for a Roc shot.
4x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 9 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 15 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 8 throws.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:50 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (3 recorded rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 3 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 104 total throws (84 putts).
3x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 27 throws.
3x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 8 throws.
2x Sentinel (Quantum)- 3 throws. Trying these out again for a few rounds. They may or may not stick, but they should be a good complement for my Rocs. I can carry a couple straight to flippy Rocs plus a freshy and the sentinels can cover the rest for the time being.
2x JLS (no run MJLS & 1.2 QJ)- 5 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.1 MOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 5 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 10 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 3 throws.

I've played a few putter only or other types of rounds since last update, shot a new personal best at Cottonwood (-7) with only 3 Omegas, 2 Pigs, a Sentinel, CD2, and Firebird. Borrowing my friends Sentinel made me want to try them out again as a longer and more overstable Roc. The JLS are gonna stay in my bag for a while since I only have one Roadrunner left and am in no rush to acquire another small stack. I tried an experiment in removing the Polecat for a round and don't think that mold will ever be on the chopping block. The lid will always make touchy approach shots much easier to execute. Also, I finally decided against playing states, so I'm enjoying the lull in tournament season by tinkering with some new things.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,151 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
I tried an experiment in removing the Polecat for a round and don't think that mold will ever be on the chopping block. The lid will always make touchy approach shots much easier to execute.
This.

I might need to try an XT Polecat. All I have are Champion and DX....

Last edited by SD86; 08-28-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 20 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
This.

I might need to try an XT Polecat. All I have are Champion and DX....
Is there much difference in flight between the XT and DX polecat? I bag a DX version and love it for longer putts and "finessey" approach shots. Threw one in from around 100' the other day.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,151 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post
Is there much difference in flight between the XT and DX polecat? I bag a DX version and love it for longer putts and "finessey" approach shots. Threw one in from around 100' the other day.
I dunno about flight, and certainly discs in both plastics would beat in. But I'm beginning to find that I like the grip of XT a lot more than DX, so I'd like to get an XT Polecat and try it out. The Proshop is sold out, though.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muptonfish View Post
The differences in flight are pretty negligible, especially after a few tree hits. My XT has been in the bag since January and is fairly beat at this point. When it was fresh there was some overlap between my Omegas and the Polecat. I’m using the Polecat much less than before, but I find plenty of instances throughout a week of golf where a Polecat is the optimal play over an Omega. Any shot that needs to flip or glide more than an Omega and the Polecat is getting airtime. That or if I’m feeling froggy and want to run a 120’-70’ upshot, any shorter and I’m likely to throw an Omega (unless there is terrible footing or a substantial obstacle in the way). If I am gonna lay up then I’m throwing the Omega.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (4 recorded rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 4 throws. Throw ins and other lid things.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 115 total throws (96 putts). The DT is my main putter, Lunar SS is mostly for upshots, the Gummy Q mostly for drives.
3x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 38 throws. The R-Pro is now my dedicated upshot Pig, I also have a Ricky and PFN Pro for throwing. All 3 fly at least once each round.
3x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 4 throws. I carry one beat 169g DX for flippy shots and one seasoned DX for my straight Roc. The KC is newish (~3 months old) and still plenty of LSS is left on it. These numbers will go back up once I'm better adjusted to the Sentinels. My Rocs really get a chance to shine when playing longer or tightly wooded courses. I love them for mountain courses, where you are forced to hit tight gaps in order to score well.
2x Sentinel (Quantum)- 11 throws. Most weeks my Sentinel to Roc shot ratio will be the opposite. As of right now I'm trying to see how the Sentinels respond in various situations where I'd typically throw a Roc. I'm likely to pull one of the Sentinels from my bag once I get a better feel for them. Very good addition to the bag so far, they are slightly longer and more OS than any of my Rocs.
2x JLS (no run MJLS & 1.2 QJ)- 7 throws. My beat MJLS flips easily for understable BH shots, while the QJ is great for hyzerflip to straight FH. They should slot in well for rollers like the Roadrunner used to. Not missing the Roadrunner at all with these in the bag.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 16 throws. The zippertop SOLF is my middle of the road stability, very workable both BH and FH. The 1.2 MOLF is 169g and pretty flippy for an OLF. I don't really trust it FH without a tailwind, but its a bomber for BH drives in most conditions. The 1.3 MOLF is my most stable version.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 10 throws. I have two '18 Sextons and one of the newer embossed flat top pearly in the bag. One Sexton is pretty beat so that its fairly similar to a fresh OLF while the other is a typical Sexton. The pearly gets called on in headwinds or for other utility shots where the beef is required.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 5 throws. One is a bit less stable than the other, both are for controlled distance FH. I can throw discs like the Shryke, or Catalyst a bit farther but then I sacrifice too much control for my liking. My Xcals are going 400'+ on most drives, unless I really shank them, so whatever distance I am losing out on isn't a big problem. These are a bit too much disc for me to throw them BH, but they sometimes get BH drives if I'm facing a stiff headwind.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (3 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 2 throws. Ideally these are my least thrown mold each update, since that would imply that I don't have many awkward lies or speculative long bids. When those situations inevitably arise, I'm always glad the Polecat is in my bag.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 84 total throws (76 putts). This is my putter, there are many like it but this one is mine...
3x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 21 throws.
3x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 4 throws. Deserve more airtime.
1x Sentinel (Quantum)- 8 throws. I have a much better grasp on the Sentinel than during the last update, and they are staying for the foreseeable future. I dropped down to one for my last round, since I used the two interchangeably beforehand. Overall, they remain a great complement to a small Roc Cycle for headwinds, left to right crosswinds, and low ceiling midrange shots.
2x JLS (no run MJLS & 1.2 QJ)- 4 throws. Oddly enough these have been a seamless replacement for my Roadrunners. Between one beat MJLS and one of the 1.2s/Glows, I have exactly what I wanted in my 2 Roadrunners.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 14 throws. Throwing OLFs as my fastest BH discs is really helping to increase my distance potential. I don't have a huge arm by any means, but I've easily added a good 50' to my BH drives this year. I'm throwing my OLFs as far or past where I could get my flippy Wraiths at the start of the year. Considering this is the method I used to work on my FH distance for about a year, I'll keep with it (speed 9 or under for BH) until late 2019 or the new year.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 13 throws. Typically for shots when discretion is the better part of valor and I'm playing for the easy par or a circle's edge bird look.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 7 throws.

Old 09-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Birdie Member

Bag Since Last Update (9 rounds):

1x Polecat (XT)- 11 throws.
3x Omega (DT, Lunar SS, & Gummy Quantum)- 259 total throws (237 putts).
3x Pig (R-Pro & Pro)- 83 throws.
3x Roc (DX & KC Pro)- 12 throws.
1x Sentinel (Quantum)- 17 throws.
2x JLS (no run MJLS & 1.2 QJ)- 10 throws.
3x OLF (1.1 SOLF, 1.2 MOLF, 1.3 MOLF)- 21 throws.
3x Firebird (Champion & Color Glow Champ)- 38 throws.
2x Xcal (PFN Star)- 12 throws.

It has been fairly windy the past few weeks, which shows in my disc selection for the last several rounds, where I'm throwing the Pig for most of my upshots. I have my next tournament coming up at the end of October, and the bag feels good at the moment. Hopefully I can find another event to play that works with my schedule before the season is over.