Old 04-15-2019, 03:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 37 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Its called the Aviar Driver, a little confusing but it is the same mold. And then the Discmania P3X is the BB Aviar3, BB Aviar with a flat top.
hmmmm
that makes me want to try the P3x

I tried the Jessica Weese BB Aviar in Nexus plastic. Concave in comparison to the KC Pro.

More than likely just me but I found my putts were a bit of with these. I haven't quite figured it out but almost nose up it seemed. I feel like it had something to do with the concave top.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 171
Niced 702 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
hmmmm
that makes me want to try the P3x

I tried the Jessica Weese BB Aviar in Nexus plastic. Concave in comparison to the KC Pro.

More than likely just me but I found my putts were a bit of with these. I haven't quite figured it out but almost nose up it seemed. I feel like it had something to do with the concave top.
I havent touched nexus plastic yet. Im not a fan of grippy things, is it really grippy?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 29
Niced 37 Times in 32 Posts

in 5-8 degree Celcius it isn't all that grippy but not much is.

Definitely not as slick as KC Pro.

Others may be able to give you more input but my impression is that it's just not quite as firm as the KC. There is more flex in the flight plate. I think the lack of firmness may account for the concavity of the flight plate in comparison to KC.

I noticed it much more grippy in the chains. Where a high left (RHBH) putt might catch (slide into the chains) with KC you might get a kick off with the Nexus.

I need the warmer weather to kick in up here for me to really have a true gauge.

But on current experience I'd be more likely to use KC Aviars over the Nexus Aviars when I play the Mad City Open...to put it into a somewhat local context for you.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 820 Times in 392 Posts

It's about 65 degrees F here, and the Jessica Weese Nexus Aviars that I have are fairly grippy. Certainly more so than KC Pro plastic, but not quite as grippy as Yeti Pro Aviar plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-31-2019, 09:22 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 67
Niced 207 Times in 103 Posts

Not sure why I want to try these again, but normal kc pro is a little too slick and hard for my personal preference, especially with cooler weather coming. There were a couple runs that were a little softer and tackier that I really enjoyed. Are there any in the current circulation that are like what I am describing and if so, is there anyway to be able to identify them online?
Old 08-31-2019, 10:47 PM

Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Not sure why I want to try these again, but normal kc pro is a little too slick and hard for my personal preference, especially with cooler weather coming. There were a couple runs that were a little softer and tackier that I really enjoyed. Are there any in the current circulation that are like what I am describing and if so, is there anyway to be able to identify them online?
This may be off-base of what you're looking for, but the nexus BBs (Jessica Weese tour series) are really nice. I don't find them to be any softer than KC, but they're significantly tackier. They also have a slight dip in the flight plate. I wouldn't call it a puddle top, but if you like the dome of KCs it might be a deal breaker for you.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 67
Niced 207 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpiperpan View Post
This may be off-base of what you're looking for, but the nexus BBs (Jessica Weese tour series) are really nice. I don't find them to be any softer than KC, but they're significantly tackier. They also have a slight dip in the flight plate. I wouldn't call it a puddle top, but if you like the dome of KCs it might be a deal breaker for you.
I am going to be pretty picky here, but I found those to be too tacky. Something in the middle would be perfect, but I am not sure if they exist. Are the XT BB aviars softer than the Weese?
Old 09-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 31
Niced 11 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I am going to be pretty picky here, but I found those to be too tacky. Something in the middle would be perfect, but I am not sure if they exist. Are the XT BB aviars softer than the Weese?
Can’t speak for the XT version, but dx BB aviars might be worth looking into. I like them for throwing (mine are more stable than my average kc pro) but they would be great for putting too. I think you can find them somewhere online, if I recall they’re not production unfortunately.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:28 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey H8tr View Post
Can’t speak for the XT version, but dx BB aviars might be worth looking into. I like them for throwing (mine are more stable than my average kc pro) but they would be great for putting too. I think you can find them somewhere online, if I recall they’re not production unfortunately.
Having felt an XT colt in the store, those are stiff like old DX from the 2000's and earlier but with more grip, not as smooth as the old DX got. Almost all disc in this XT plastic looking up reviews online on Amazon are stiff, Exception is the Nova XT being that Paul wanted an R-XT/R-DX for the disc.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,161 Times in 1,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Having felt an XT colt in the store, those are stiff like old DX from the 2000's and earlier but with more grip, not as smooth as the old DX got. Almost all disc in this XT plastic looking up reviews online on Amazon are stiff, Exception is the Nova XT being that Paul wanted an R-XT/R-DX for the disc.
Don't know how old the XT Colt you felt was, but new runs of XT are pretty good and smooth feeling. Hopefully they'll keep those good runs up.