Old 08-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 130 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
My favorite park has two courses, and I tend to pack different disc for each. One of them requires way fewer discs for me. I could probably set up a shift just for that course. Hmmm
The shift would be a great investment then I have a blacked-out shift v6 that I carry for a few of our local courses. These courses all share the same disc needs...nothing but straight discs and nothing over a speed 10. I've even loaded the thing up with 18 disc's for my Colorado trip this past summer and it still carried amazingly light when compared to other brand bags.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 12:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,076 Times in 538 Posts

Been using my Shift for a bit since I needed to send my Octothorpe out for repairs (one of the button snaps didn't disengage and pulled out of the shoulder strap)

I remember why I like this bag so much. It's very light even with 18 discs and full 40oz hydroflask, and very comfortable for my smaller frame. The only downsides for me are twofold: 1. the sweet spot for my loadout is 20 discs and 2. I drink and carry a lot more water when I can use a water bladder (which doesn't seem to work well in the shift, takes up a lot of the interior storage) I'll hold on to it until I order a Carlton, and at that point I'll probably sell both Shift and Octothorpe.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:17 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

Interesting that UPD have invested in advertising on the MVP open live coverage, yet have no product available to sell....
Old 09-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Niced 49 Times in 31 Posts

When I go to their website I see some models not sold out. https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags

Maybe it changed recently?
Old 09-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRReGoN View Post
When I go to their website I see some models not sold out. https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags

The shift and the pinch both have been the ones that have been there for a while now. I've had my Pinch for about a year, and all though I'm looking at other options, as the Pinch is a bit heavy when completely loaded, I will say it's a really decent bag that has held up to major use over the last year. I play at least twice to four times a week, sometimes more between jobs, and the only real sign of usage is water staining on the bottom and the front zipper pocket.
I'm getting a cart this winter but I do plan on keeping the Pinch because of how well it holds up.

I probably won't get another UPD bag though do to my own self righteousness , but I would recommend the Pinch if your in the market.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 64
Niced 141 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtak127 View Post
I ordered my first UP bag (pinch v2) last Thursday. I received an email with tracking number the following morning but it hasn’t moved since. Do they ship a large quantity of bags at once or as they receive orders? I’m probably being impatient...but still curious.
When my wife ordered me a shift for fathers day it didn't show up for 3 weeks. So she contacted UPD and they said they would look right into it, following this we heard nothing for another two weeks, even when we emailed again asking what was up. Finally, we contested the charge and 3 days after a mangled box with a shift thrown in it arrived. Color me unimpressed with this company. Too bad because it is a nice bag minus the atrocious customer service. Hope you have a less annoying time with receiving yours.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:15 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 13 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRReGoN View Post

Ok, my apologies, there are a couple of models not sold out, but the majority are and stock doesn’t seem to be getting replenished or updated.

I know the guy who owns it has been super busy with his Discraft job and they've been smashing it out the park on the marketing front this year, so I understand the pressures, but even he admits to neglecting UPD and that it's not his priority.

Which is why I find it odd to be buying advertising slots on the live coverage with limited range of models available and no signs of updates.

Unless he's looking to have a final push to sell everything then shut up shop??
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Ok, my apologies, there are a couple of models not sold out, but the majority are and stock doesn’t seem to be getting replenished or updated.

I know the guy who owns it has been super busy with his Discraft job and they've been smashing it out the park on the marketing front this year, so I understand the pressures, but even he admits to neglecting UPD and that it's not his priority.

Which is why I find it odd to be buying advertising slots on the live coverage with limited range of models available and no signs of updates.

Unless he's looking to have a final push to sell everything then shut up shop??
This has happened before when this same guy ran out the models before updating them. I wonder if he is doing the sell off before closing shop or selling off the bags before updating them?

I think that somewhere on here in this thread the owner of Upper Parks said he wanted to merge with Discraft and partner to get his bags with the Discraft name on them. I also take this to mean using the same outsource place as Discraft is using with the modern tournament bags that have the single strap on them.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,169 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Interesting that UPD have invested in advertising on the MVP open live coverage, yet have no product available to sell....

Probably trying to sell out the remaining stock.

Interesting to see if the company changes hands in the near future.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 120 Times in 58 Posts

I would love a discraft upper park bag.