Old 09-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 572 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
You make some very good points DoWork. I agree with everything you said as it pertains to all the other course behaviors.

But when it comes to just the scoring part, while she's not breaking any rules, it's tournament etiquette and common courtesy that every one else in the tournament has no problems with. We're talking literally an extra 2-3 minutes to the side of the 18th basket to check her card mates' scores. That's it.

She very well may have been seconds from a full meltdown, and had to get the hell out ASAP. She may have been really struggling the whole day/week/month. We don’t know.

Imagine it as a medical condition and not just someone being a jerk. If someone’s blood sugar was low and they needed to go get meds would you feel the same way?

Food for thought. I get what you’re saying, but I think you’re missing what is potentially far more important given the subject matter.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2019, 02:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,305 Times in 767 Posts

But we have no idea if she even have social anxiety, we just trying to "excuse" her sometimes odd behavior?

Niced: (2)
Old 09-15-2019, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

How many camera men has been hit this year? more than all the years combined

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
If someone suffers from social anxiety perhaps participating in a spectator sport on an elite level is not for them?
*sigh*

Cat has been playing at an elite level for longer than than most people have been paying attention, myself included.

Perhaps despite FPO competition causing huge amounts of anxiety at times, it’s the only thing in her life keeping her from a massive downward spiral. We will never know.

But yeah man, by all means take away her livelihood because she doesn’t act appreciative enough for your liking. That’ll teach her!
Old 09-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
But we have no idea if she even have social anxiety, we just trying to "excuse" her sometimes odd behavior?

Honestly, whether she does or not is irrelevant. The only thing you need to know is that she doesn’t owe you a damn thing. Not a smile, not gracious appreciation, not an explanation of why she is the way she is- NOTHING.

To surmise otherwise is honestly really entitled. She isn’t your property and she can act however tf she wants, like it or not- I was simply offering a lesson in empathy- which apparently you guys are in desperate need of.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2019, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,619 Times in 1,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
How many camera men has been hit this year? more than all the years combined
Perhaps because more cameras are on the course this year compared to all other years combined? If we want to watch without being there, cameras are going to get hit once in a while.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 356 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
*sigh*

Cat has been playing at an elite level for longer than than most people have been paying attention, myself included.

Perhaps despite FPO competition causing huge amounts of anxiety at times, it’s the only thing in her life keeping her from a massive downward spiral. We will never know.

But yeah man, by all means take away her livelihood because she doesn’t act appreciative enough for your liking. That’ll teach her!
I’m not suggesting that, anyone take anything from her. But if, indeed, that is the case (personally, I doubt it, I think you’re projecting your own problems onto whatever Cats got going in her life), it looks like it’s limiting her ability to perform to a level that’s going to make it a sustainable career choice for her. So her options are either get through it, with therapy or whatever, or continue to choke like we saw at worlds. PDGA certainly isn’t going to tell people they can’t spectate or Jomez can’t film, or that it’s ok for her to play on a card by herself because she can’t handle the level of interpersonal communication that’s requisite of a top pro.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 239
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 26 Posts

In happier news, congrats to Discraft's Green Mountain Championship @ Smugglers' Notch Resort Open Women champion Sarah Hokom!

Also congrats to MA2 champion Nicholas Eori #120518 from Oxford, Mass and MA1 Advanced champion Noah Proctor #83627 from Wilton, New Hampshire!

Old 09-15-2019, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 39
Niced 505 Times in 233 Posts

Cat threw a 1001-rated 4th round. How do you think that fit into her state of mind?

Niced: (2)

Old 09-15-2019, 03:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Honestly, whether she does or not is irrelevant. The only thing you need to know is that she doesn’t owe you a damn thing. Not a smile, not gracious appreciation, not an explanation of why she is the way she is- NOTHING.

To surmise otherwise is honestly really entitled. She isn’t your property and she can act however tf she wants, like it or not- I was simply offering a lesson in empathy- which apparently you guys are in desperate need of.
Sure, NOBODY owes me anything and i owe them nothing. . .but i hate to live my life with that mindset