Old 09-15-2019, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,576 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Iím not suggesting that, anyone take anything from her. But if, indeed, that is the case (personally, I doubt it, I think youíre projecting your own problems onto whatever Cats got going in her life), it looks like itís limiting her ability to perform to a level thatís going to make it a sustainable career choice for her. So her options are either get through it, with therapy or whatever, or continue to choke like we saw at worlds. PDGA certainly isnít going to tell people they canít spectate or Jomez canít film, or that itís ok for her to play on a card by herself because she canít handle the level of interpersonal communication thatís requisite of a top pro.
Aren't you projecting yourself to suggest that she wants or needs any of those things (no spectators, no cameras, no cardmates, etc)? Bottom line is no one in this thread has the tiniest clue as to why Cat does what she does. If she prefers to keep herself to herself while competing, who is she harming?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-15-2019, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,285 Times in 751 Posts

And not to get you more angry. .but she DO owe her Sponsors to be a good spokeperson to the brand she represents
Old 09-15-2019, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,576 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
And not to get you more angry. .but she DO owe her Sponsors to be a good spokeperson to the brand she represents
And it's up to her sponsors to decide whether she is the representation they want or not. I guarantee they know her way better than we do.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 239
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 76 Times in 26 Posts

Congrats to our FA1 champion Kimberly Kisil #83232 from Milford, Mass and our FA2 champion Jami Harding #112103 from Sidney, Maine!

Niced: (3)
Old 09-15-2019, 03:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
And it's up to her sponsors to decide whether she is the representation they want or not. I guarantee they know her way better than we do.
Sure, their choice 100% . . . BUT, Prodigy pays her to "sell disc" and show of the brand. . but no in-the-bag for years, no social media , nothing
Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Iím not suggesting that, anyone take anything from her. But if, indeed, that is the case (personally, I doubt it, I think youíre projecting your own problems onto whatever Cats got going in her life), it looks like itís limiting her ability to perform to a level thatís going to make it a sustainable career choice for her. So her options are either get through it, with therapy or whatever, or continue to choke like we saw at worlds. PDGA certainly isnít going to tell people they canít spectate or Jomez canít film, or that itís ok for her to play on a card by herself because she canít handle the level of interpersonal communication thatís requisite of a top pro.

Ha! Projecting! Good one! Thatís the thing- Her performance is fine. Everybody chokes at times, or maybe Paige should just bag it too, since this week wasnít a great one?

All Iím saying is to try to have some compassion when dealing with people we donít understand. Maybe she just doesnít like anybody, and thatís fine too. Either way she can do what she wants, it isnít hurting anybody except apparently the guy keeping score, who still has 254 peopleís admiration to get him through the day.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.3
Courses Played: 239
Niced 76 Times in 26 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
it isnít hurting anybody except apparently the guy keeping score, who still has 254 peopleís admiration to get him through the day.
Good one!

But actually I didn't even know about it until her female card mates told me about it each round. I don't think they approve.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,867 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
She didn't have the courtesy to check the scores of her fellow card mates. She could do that at the 18th green or at a picnic table or anywhere else, it doesn't have to actually be in the scoring room.

But to make her last putt and say "I'm good with whatever the scores were.." and immediately get in her car and leave? After one bad round and a competitor is really upset, I could maybe understand. But doing so intentionally after all four rounds? That's just rude.
Oh yeah...she should have at least confirmed her own score on the card before walking off, the rest is whatever.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:52 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 549 Times in 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post

Iím definitely not angry, just trying to figure out how to explain entitlement to you guys in a way you can actually absorb and understand.

Yes she is a brand ambassador, but that does not mean she has to be a super friendly person/social butterfly OR eschew what she feels she has to do in order to be ok today. We donít own her because she makes a living playing this sport, and watching her play doesnít entitle any of us to an explanation of her actions.

Your curiosity is understandable of course, but hey weíre having a discussion about it right? Certainly no harm in developing understanding- or trying for that matter.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Itīs just hard to figure her out. . it LOOKS like she dont like to be at the course. . but she plays more than anyone else so she must like it

And on the social thing. . she DO appears quite often in other players Vlogs hanging out with the other players

Niced: (1)