#21  
Old 09-04-2019, 07:32 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,402
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
One of the pros said that two years ago when Sexton won. I forget who. Prolly someone without a sidearm.

There's definitely an advantage there. And I think the days of players without at least a competent sidearm-who aren't also named James Conrad-winning this tourney are about over.

Kevin Jones has been working on his all year. Wouldn't be surprised if he won considering he got 3rd last year without one.

Didn;t Michel J From Discraft get third the year that Nat Sexton won?

The other nickname of the tournament is, Rule Tester Tournament, was that for years. Is this still the case? I forget.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:53 PM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,738
Niced 3,546 Times in 1,485 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Didn;t Michel J From Discraft get third the year that Nat Sexton won?

The other nickname of the tournament is, Rule Tester Tournament, was that for years. Is this still the case? I forget.
If only there was some way to find records of past events somewhere instead of trying to rely on faulty memory and guessing.

In 2017, the top 5 were Sexton, Wysocki, McBeth, Brathwaite, Barsby. Michael Johansen finished T28. His career best USDGC finish was 4th in 2016.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,402
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
If only there was some way to find records of past events somewhere instead of trying to rely on faulty memory and guessing.

In 2017, the top 5 were Sexton, Wysocki, McBeth, Brathwaite, Barsby. Michael Johansen finished T28. His career best USDGC finish was 4th in 2016.
Oh right, I forgot the year. I was off one and by one on the score. I was rooting for MJ that year.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-16-2019, 09:12 PM
gammaxgoblin's Avatar
gammaxgoblin gammaxgoblin is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Courses Played: 20
Posts: 383
Niced 221 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolDad View Post
One of the pros said that two years ago when Sexton won. I forget who. Prolly someone without a sidearm.

There's definitely an advantage there. And I think the days of players without at least a competent sidearm-who aren't also named James Conrad-winning this tourney are about over.

Kevin Jones has been working on his all year. Wouldn't be surprised if he won considering he got 3rd last year without one.
Well...since kjusa has been a name worth watching ive seen him throwing forehands....pretty sure he has always thrown them. Also his performance is trending is in the very wrong direction. Personally...anyone not name Paul McBeth winning would surprise the #$@* out of me.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-16-2019, 11:32 PM
mizunodave mizunodave is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 184
Niced 169 Times in 60 Posts
Default

I may be able to attend this year. Anyone know if non-Innova manufacturers will be vending or is it strictly Innova there?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-17-2019, 06:47 AM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,460
Niced 473 Times in 200 Posts
Default

For the last few years, it's been an Innova show, at least as far as discs go.
I've seen some other folks, but fairly minor vendors. (DUDE, physical thrapists, artists, etc)
No real FlyMart or anything since ~2014(?).
The Winthrop clubhouse always has some limited runs, special runs and usually some hard-to-find stuff.
I've seen some Legacy, Millennium, Discmania and Hyzerbomb discs in the clubhouse, but you won't find Discraft or Trilogy, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:17 AM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,910
Niced 1,620 Times in 708 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
For the last few years, it's been an Innova show, at least as far as discs go.
I've seen some other folks, but fairly minor vendors. (DUDE, physical thrapists, artists, etc)
No real FlyMart or anything since ~2014(?).
The Winthrop clubhouse always has some limited runs, special runs and usually some hard-to-find stuff.
I've seen some Legacy, Millennium, Discmania and Hyzerbomb discs in the clubhouse, but you won't find Discraft or Trilogy, etc.
Damn Michiganists.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-17-2019, 07:47 AM
Marmoset's Avatar
Marmoset Marmoset is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Christiansburg, VA
Years Playing: 19.4
Posts: 1,945
Niced 805 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
I may be able to attend this year. Anyone know if non-Innova manufacturers will be vending or is it strictly Innova there?
Some of my stamp guild buddies (Skeet Scienski, Manuel Trujillo, Benjamin Hopwood, Levi Whitpan) and I were there selling some of our custom stamps last year. Does that count?

I’ll be there again this year but I don’t think illl have a table. If I did it would have mostly BirdieFuel since most of my stamp work is through DGU and will be in the pro shop anyway. I might get some BirdieFuel in the pro shop, we’ll see.

Discmania was the only manufacturer I remember selling discs outside the pro shop last year; they had a pretty big selection. Nowhere near what the pro shop had, of course, but decent. Now that Discmania sells two additional disc lines, I doubt they will have a similar booth this year.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Didn'tSeeThatTree Didn'tSeeThatTree is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Athens GA
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 83
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Does anyone know if there are day(s) a chump like myself would be able play the course with everything set like it will be for the tournament? If there is a time that ams can play the tournament layout without being in the way I'd be interested in playing a round. Thanks!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 09-17-2019, 03:46 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 9,915
Niced 4,165 Times in 2,214 Posts
Default

Iirc, they do teetimes on Sunday after the event?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 United States Disc Golf Championship Halcón Tournaments & Leagues 1077 11-06-2015 10:19 PM
Survey for disc golf players in the United States Nina General Disc Golf Chat 41 04-19-2015 08:32 PM
2014 United States Disc Golf Championship Halcón Tournaments & Leagues 1936 11-08-2014 09:17 PM
2012 United States Disc Golf Championship USDGC GUtz Tournaments & Leagues 16 02-26-2012 02:16 PM
United States Disc Golf Championships - 2009 asu225 General Disc Golf Chat 8 10-02-2009 11:39 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.