Old 08-22-2019, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 85 Posts

Sounds like the right thing to do. Kaxe can do so much. The k1 will eventually get straighter and hold that turn on that third hole well.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2019, 12:28 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:30 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 242 Times in 140 Posts

The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,015 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Currently I bag a Felon for utility OS duties and a Verdict for OS mid shots. I like both, but they're probably the least used discs in my bag. I'm interested in trying a tweener disc that can potentially replace both, meaning it can hold up to a stiff headwind but also power down to fly on midrange lines with extra fade. Is the Kaxe that disc? Based on reviews it sounds like it could easily replace my Verdict, but does it really have the 0 turn/3 fade as advertised? How much of a headwind can it take on?

For reference, I throw an Emac Truth as my main stable midrange and Getaways as my stable fairways. So I'm wondering if I'll have a hole in the left side of my bag if I go Emac Truth / Kaxe / Getaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
The kaxe is similar to the emac maybe a bit more stable and a bit faster. I would not try and replace those molds with it.
The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Kaxe has so much more glide than an EMAC, yet it is more OS.

It feels like a mid but has the distance of a fairway. Think shorter TeeBird... but not much shorter.
Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 242 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Hmmm. Well I've always thought Verdicts fly like a midrange Teebird, so I guess the Kaxe would be a slightly faster Verdict. Intriguing disc for sure, but probably not OS enough to fill that utility OS tweener role. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the Disc Comparison matrix on Infinite, I'm just not sure that the disc I'm looking for actually exists. Something in the Zone/PDx level of stability, but in the 6-7 speed tweener range. Maybe a Banshee, but man those plus molds feel awful in the hand and give me early release issues.
Try a MVP resistor

Niced: (1)

Old 10-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Try a MVP resistor
This. Resistor/Kaxe/M4 is my lineup, the resistor is super fun to throw and the skip utility is something I didn't realize I was missing.